Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

1 hour ago, eaf said:

Yeah, yeah, it didn't work, they've changed the plans, I already said it. Still it was a novel way of thinking. This quarantine doesn't do much either yet. The curves are still shooting for the stars. May have helped in China, but China is China.

If everybody was going about their everyday lives hugging and high fiving and singing sweet Caroline things would be much worse.  Eaf you’re so dumb and so argumentative..

1 hour ago, C1erArt said:

Do you shut everything down and destroy the economy? Or leave things running and accept a 4 million person death tally, but it’s all over in three months. Plus the first option doesn’t guarantee any lessening of the deaths.

Our family cemetery plot in South River New Jersey, is in a fairly crowded cemetery. But next to our family plot is an open field about 100’ x 200’. When I asked my grandparents what it was, and they said it was a mass grave from the 1918 flu virus.

Is that depressing enough?7061889fc078e82195dc1164397529e4.jpg

Sadly a lot of local cemeteries have annexed additional land in anticipation of increased death rates in the next two decades or so.  Currently the death rate is low, only about .85% of the US population annually.  Most of the people currently dying were born between 1930 and 1945 when birth rates were at historic lows due to the Great Depression and World War Two.  Due to an increase in cremations and a decrease in deaths funeral homes are hurting and that’s why many sell merchandise like tombstones, videos and necklaces with thumbprints.   It’s gotta be rough for funeral directors now..in PA they have ten days max to bury a body...that means a lot of burials in upcoming weeks will be attended by a very small amount of people.  Funeral homes have been streaming burials online for friends and family to avoid large gatherings.  

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Why argue over this? Thinking we should probably all be cool to each other right now. The time for debate can come later. I feel bad for my Tom Brady tirade the other day (I'm still mad at him though). In the grand scheme of things right now that is so extremely irrelevant.

I prefer Greg Brady, peter Brady and Marsha Brady.  Why argue over this???  Cause why not...something to do...

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Why argue over this? Thinking we should probably all be cool to each other right now. The time for debate can come later. I feel bad for my Tom Brady tirade the other day (I'm still mad at him though). In the grand scheme of things right now that is so extremely irrelevant.

It was somewhat understandable, though. Somewhat...

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

In other news I think take out is the way to go tonight. Local businesses are hurting bad.

It stinks...a lot of hospitality workers live paycheck to paycheck...it’s nice that restaurants are still allowed to be open for takeout. Maybe I’ll get Carrabas later this weekend.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

You have a tablet??? Was that a thinly veiled brag??

Why on earth would that be a brag? Tablets aren't lifestyles of the rich and famous type shit.

But since you brought it up, a 10 inch tablet is my favorite method for computing. I can lay on the couch or in bed and use it. They're ultra portable and great for travel. Can set up a keyboard if needed. I'll take a tablet over a laptop any day.

25 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Why on earth would that be a brag? Tablets aren't lifestyles of the rich and famous type shit.

I think Steeze is bored from being stuck in his hotel house and just looking to push your buttons for the lols.

Edited by saltyant

34 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I definitely jerked off to Alice from the Brady Bunch before...she’s a total babe. Does the carpet match the drapes???  Of course they all had bushes back then. 

94F02DAD-C9C0-48FA-81DA-9A82BC4D7A2B.jpeg

Is that a Pledge can wrapped with paper so they didn't have to pay royalties?

31 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

But since you brought it up, a 10 inch tablet is my favorite method for computing. I can lay on the couch or in bed and use it. They're ultra portable and great for travel. Can set up a keyboard if needed. I'll take a tablet over a laptop any day.

I’ve never had a tablet before.  I use my iPhone for everything. Maybe one day I’ll have my work buy me an iPad. 

50 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

In other news I think take out is the way to go tonight. Local businesses are hurting bad.

Pocono Pizza, if you havent been there yet, has a baller meatball sub.  really nice bread, which is what i always thinks makes or breaks a sandwich.  

Times are going to be difficult for a lot of people.  Personally if i had a restaurant, i would turn my wait staff, into delivery staff.  

• Like 1