Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I spent $70 at Whole Foods yesterday so I probably won’t have to go out and get food again until tomorrow lol

What are you eating these days, btw?Cooking is out, and so are the bars, are we to be prepared for GSS doubling in size by November?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, eaf said:

What are you eating these days, btw?Cooking is out, and so are the bars, are we to be prepared for GSS doubling in size by November?

Probably nothing different than he normally does since grocery stores, gas stations, and restaurants still have food...

As a recap, eat was saying that hysteria around the virus is killing businesses along with stock market and is making things worse because people either way use time off school to fly to Florida, and kill each other raiding supermarkets.
eaf also remembers predicting before the trip that toast would end up in a quarantine instead of party. He just thought that the quarantine would be mandatory as was already the case in Russia at that time.
Finally eaf was saying that GSS is doomed staying behind locked doors not for two weeks as he hopes, but for a year, in an on/off fashion.

"Eat" living that 3rd person lyfe.
  • Haha 2

Update: Posting from work. We slid into this thin category of plastics manufacturer that can stay open. I'm quietly sitting in my corner equal parts enjoying my new monitors that just arrived and being pretty annoyed that I still am using them. 

Also I'm eating a granola bar and drinking water. 

1 minute ago, Schif said:

Update: Posting from work. We slid into this thin category of plastics manufacturer that can stay open. I'm quietly sitting in my corner equal parts enjoying my new monitors that just arrived and being pretty annoyed that I still am using them. 

Also I'm eating a granola bar and drinking water. 

Yeah we received a text last night saying "we reviewed the latest statement from the governor and we categorized ourselves as life sustaining business, so see you tomorrow".  I'm working remotely every other day since day care is closed, but every day would make more sense since I have the capability to do so

10 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Probably nothing different than he normally does since grocery stores, gas stations, and restaurants still have food...

No, seriously, does he have a microwave in his room? Is he stuck with chips and salads from now on?

Just now, eaf said:

No, seriously, does he have a microwave in his room? Is he stuck with chips and salads from now on?

Salads are pretty easy considering the state of the world. The produce and fruit section of every store is quite well stocked but the other aisles are being picked clean. 

14 minutes ago, eaf said:

No bars I’ll lose weight...eating tuna salmon avacodos ice cream fruit chips and salsa thanks for wondering.  I’d say you’ll be double the asshole by November but that seems impossible. 

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

Eaf I have a full size fridge. Microwave and double burner stove.  Probably better than you had it growing up in Mother Russia.  I live between wegmans and Whole Foods and have a pile of $100 bills.  I’ll be ok. 

1 minute ago, Schif said:

Salads are pretty easy considering the state of the world. The produce and fruit section of every store is quite well stocked but the other aisles are being picked clean. 

I have several jars of peanut butter and marshmallow fluff.  I could eat fluffernutter sandwiches for the next two months if I have to (if I don't run out of bread)

Just now, PSUFly said:

I agree.  Although cutting out 2+ hours of driving, PA turnpike tolls, and $ 10 or more in gas per day is nice.

I’ll come out with more money after the dust settles.  Not dropping money at the bar or restaurants or Uber’s or a Colorado ski trip next month plus we are gonna absolutely be slammed when work opens back up in a month or so.  I’d rather have normalcy and more skiing but I try to find positives out of everything.  

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No bars I’ll lose weight...eating tuna salmon avacodos ice cream fruit chips and salsa thanks for wondering.  I’d say you’ll be double the asshole by November but that seems impossible. 

Jeez, who’s coming out as an asshole here? Looks like you live in an aparthotel or something. Good then.

Just now, eaf said:

Jeez, who’s coming out as an asshole here? Looks like you live in an aparthotel or something. Good then.

What planet have you been living on..yes I’m in an extended stay..been here two and a half years.  Prob be here another couple years then maybe buy a one bedroom condo with cash..or buy a McMansion if I meet the right lady lol...I can do whatever the fuck I want except go to the bar and sing kariakwn 

7 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

I have several jars of peanut butter and marshmallow fluff.  I could eat fluffernutter sandwiches for the next two months if I have to (if I don't run out of bread)

I could get buy just off the food section at CVS.  They sell the White Castle slider burgers @NMSKI likes and soup and fruit and even jellybeans @saltyant

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Eaf I have a full size fridge. Microwave and double burner stove.  Probably better than you had it growing up in Mother Russia.  I live between wegmans and Whole Foods and have a pile of $100 bills.  I’ll be ok. 

But what do you do when they close your hotel house due to lack of people traveling? Where do you go?  Cardboard box under a bridge?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

we've been doing a 30 minute bullshit zoom session every day for some non-slack social interaction.  it helps 🤷‍♂️

I like the greeting. "Welcome to zuuuuum". I bet they're enjoying themselves these days.