Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

A quick thought on the number of cash transactions. There are always going to be a certain number of people who don't necessarily want their purchasing to be tracked and will use cash for these kind of things. Before it seems like I"m talking about conspiracy theorists think about college kids who would rather use cash at the bar or liquor store rather than their parents seeing it on the statement, or the guy that buys skis with cash from a shop so his wife doesn't realize how much he actually spent on his 9th pair of skis in 2 years.....

• Like 2

Well half the boomers are 65-74 which is in the senior citizens/elderly group...you’re an XBoomer Stevo

I’m sheltering in place. Regretting going to Blue the Saturday before closing, but think I am past the incubation period for that. Have a 3 week old granddaughter I’m avoiding visiting.

Local sporting goods store sold out of handguns, rifles and ammo over the weekend. Pensyltucky stocking up.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Schif said:

A quick thought on the number of cash transactions. There are always going to be a certain number of people who don't necessarily want their purchasing to be tracked and will use cash for these kind of things. Before it seems like I"m talking about conspiracy theorists think about college kids who would rather use cash at the bar or liquor store rather than their parents seeing it on the statement, or the guy that buys skis with cash from a shop so his wife doesn't realize how much he actually spent on his 9th pair of skis in 2 years.....

Guilty.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

I’m sheltering in place. Regretting going to Blue the Saturday before closing, but think I am past the incubation period for that. Have a 3 week old granddaughter I’m avoiding visiting.

Local sporting goods store sold out of handguns, rifles and ammo over the weekend. Pensyltucky stocking up.

incubation period can be anywhere from 2-14 days. Just an FYI. 

30 minutes ago, Schif said:

9 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Guilty.

You know you can get a credit card in your own name.  Not that I've done it of course.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, saltyant said:

When are these kind of articles going to stop happening and we get to the point where every university, every big company, and every city has confirmed cases?

21 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

11+k cases now in the US. As testing (hopefully) increases it is going to expose all of the transmission that occurred when we were way behind. Hopefully we don't end up with critical hospital issues like Italy, but I have a feeling that is in our future.

Of those 11k cases what percentage do you think are hospitalized?  If you extrapolate there will be at least a couple hundred thousand cases in the US in two weeks. 

51 minutes ago, Schif said:

When are these kind of articles going to stop happening and we get to the point where every university, every big company, and every city has confirmed cases?

Then the articles will be more like Italy and say another 4,000 died in the US today.  That’s not for another two weeks. 

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Of those 11k cases what percentage do you think are hospitalized?  If you extrapolate there will be at least a couple hundred thousand cases in the US in two weeks. 

I’m not sure how many. More in home isolation than inpatient, but it’s only going to get worse. 

The governors website crashes which has the list of non life sustaining businesses. I wonder if banks and payroll companies are considered life sustaining. What about the post office.  If we are just allowed to go to the grocery stores and pharmacies and takeout food that’s pretty much the way it is already.  

The allentown farmers market was open today and apparently it was one of the busiest days in their history and the mood was very tense and there were also long lines.   

45 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wonder how this works for people like me who work for an insurance company (not life sustaining business) but can and have been working from home