Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

18 minutes ago, Schif said:

I wold love to see the demographics of these new cases. We don't seem to be seeing a major spike in deaths or hospital utilization. Hopefully these are just mild cases in those crazy youths. 

Deaths are down nationwide but we won’t see how deaths play out in the states with recent surges for a few weeks.  Definitely more milder and younger cases as testing has expanded.  Remember when you could only get tested if you had symptoms or pre existing conditions and over age 65. The one thing that is worrisome is that the younger people contracting the virus could spread it to older folks.  

Has anyone on here had or or personally knew someone who had it? I was thinking about this earlier today, I personally only know 1 person who’s had it, and they live in NYC. Other than that, I don’t know anyone who’s had it. 

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Has anyone on here had or or personally knew someone who had it? I was thinking about this earlier today, I personally only know 1 person who’s had it, and they live in NYC. Other than that, I don’t know anyone who’s had it. 

Several who have had it and one who died from it but I know a lot of people.  Remember here in PA only like one out of every 160 people have had it...In addition to my uncle, my family doctor got it.  Also a girl I know who works at Kidspeace got it along with her son and boyfriend.  My friend who ran for judge political advisor got it but she’s always in downtown allentown feedIng the homeless so extra at risk...a friends dad also got it and the death is a 30 year old who used to play beer pong at local bar and he worked at a phone store and his parents also got it but survived. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

One of my co workers allegedly had it....I had to quarantine for 10 days...I like to believe wearing a mask and washing/sanitizing my hands and everything else kept me safe.............Does anyone else have to work with total effin idiots??

I only have two co-workers..one is out on the road mostly and the other is working from home.  When I gave delivery driver a ride a few weeks ago from truck service station we both wore masks.  I haven’t seen my office manager since 3/20 and she’s thrilled that I said she can work from home as long as she wants. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

One of my co workers allegedly had it....I had to quarantine for 10 days...I like to believe wearing a mask and washing/sanitizing my hands and everything else kept me safe.............Does anyone else have to work with total effin idiots??

Since no degree is required to work in construction, yes, i work with a lot of idiots. 
i do work with a few smart people though. Not many, but not everyone i work with is stupid. 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I have distant relatives in their late 70’s, a brother and sister who lived in the same house in Wilkes barre.  The brother got it and was deathly ill, to the point of not being expected to survive.  He made a miraculous recovery luckily but is still in the hospital with a long road ahead.  The sister tested positive as well but did not feel a single symptom, only knew she had it after getting tested when he was diagnosed.  This was in late March when like only 10% of Luzerne county cases were outside of hazleton 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Several who have had it and one who died from it but I know a lot of people.  Remember here in PA only like one out of every 160 people have had it...In addition to my uncle, my family doctor got it.  Also a girl I know who works at Kidspeace got it along with her son and boyfriend.  My friend who ran for judge political advisor got it but she’s always in downtown allentown feedIng the homeless so extra at risk...a friends dad also got it and the death is a 30 year old who used to play beer pong at local bar and he worked at a phone store and his parents also got it but survived. 

1 hour ago, Mixilplix said:

38 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I have distant relatives in their late 70’s, a brother and sister who lived in the same house in Wilkes barre.  The brother got it and was deathly ill, to the point of not being expected to survive.  He made a miraculous recovery luckily but is still in the hospital with a long road ahead.  The sister tested positive as well but did not feel a single symptom, only knew she had it after getting tested when he was diagnosed.  This was in late March when like only 10% of Luzerne county cases were outside of hazleton 

Thanks guys, I was genuinely curious as I haven't come across anyone “close” to me who’s had it. 

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

lol okay and I'm sure it will be "the most beautiful stimulus check you have ever seen"...