Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

New daily cases in the US are once again going up with a record number of new cases in many states. In early April at the height of the NY/NJ pandemic there were about 30,000 daily new cases(likely more due to limited testing)...that dropped to about 20k daily for a bit then skyrocketed to 60-70k daily cases in early July back when Florida and Texas were seeing 10k new cases a day...cases dropped to about 40k cases a day in average and yesterday there were 45k new cases and today over 50k with daily deaths averaging just below 1,000...

Wisconsin saw 2500 new cases today..in Wisconsin some parents have been sending their sick kids to school and refusing to get them tested for fear that the kids and siblings will have to quarentine   Utah was 1400 new cases with 1,000 new cases as both BYU and the university of Utah. Alabama, Tennessee, Missouri and Georgia are all doing bad as are Oklahoma, Ohio, Indiana, Minnesota and Kansas.  Vermont is doing the best with only 7 new cases but their economy which is largely dependent on tourism has surely taken a giant hit. Florida has had at least 1,000 Covid deaths this week. 

22 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Florida has been back and forth between #1 or #2 states in daily deaths for quite some time. Top 5 for daily cases. #3 in total cases. #5 in total deaths. It is fucking stupid and more people will die because of it.

I get that. Mentally, I’m ready for things to loosen up in PA. Life is a lot different during a pandemic for a single person. A lot of places near me won’t seat a single person at a table for dining. Getting takeout and sitting in your house alone every night isn’t exactly the most fun thing after 7 months of it. It’s frustrating to see tables of up to 6 people eating inside or outside, yet I can’t get one, nor sit at the bar while distanced (easily done) to get food and a beer. 

I’m just more than ready for things to get back to normal for my own sanity. 

12 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I get that. Mentally, I’m ready for things to loosen up in PA. Life is a lot different during a pandemic for a single person. A lot of places near me won’t seat a single person at a table for dining. Getting takeout and sitting in your house alone every night isn’t exactly the most fun thing after 7 months of it. It’s frustrating to see tables of up to 6 people eating inside or outside, yet I can’t get one, nor sit at the bar while distanced (easily done) to get food and a beer. 

I’m just more than ready for things to get back to normal for my own sanity. 

It sucks...I miss going out on Wednesday nights and singing karaoke.  I miss walking around the bar mingling with people.  I basically only go out when I have friends to meet with and it’s just sitting at a table outside a bar or restaurant...I miss the late night fuckery and now last call is at 11.  I don’t mind having to order food because I like to eat.  Some bars require a food purchase for every person, some just one for the table and some don’t at all. I’ve definitely been more irritable lately because I haven’t had the kind of fun I like to have. 

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It sucks...I miss going out on Wednesday nights and singing karaoke.  I miss walking around the bar mingling with people.  I basically only go out when I have friends to meet with and it’s just sitting at a table outside a bar or restaurant...I miss the late night fuckery and now last call is at 11.  I don’t mind having to order food because I like to eat.  Some bars require a food purchase for every person, some just one for the table and some don’t at all. I’ve definitely been more irritable lately because I haven’t had the kind of fun I like to have. 

Yup. I’m a pretty quiet person but I’ll be the first to admit, I’ve been a bigger asshole lately because I haven’t had the human interaction that I had before (that I thought I hated). 

the simple solution is “well, ask your friends to go out with you”, but that doesn’t work for someone like me who feels like I’m putting a burden on someone else just so I can be able to go out to eat. 

the pandemic is taking a toll on more than just physical health. I think that gets lost a lot of the time (in general). 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Yup. I’m a pretty quiet person but I’ll be the first to admit, I’ve been a bigger asshole lately because I haven’t had the human interaction that I had before (that I thought I hated). 

the simple solution is “well, ask your friends to go out with you”, but that doesn’t work for someone like me who feels like I’m putting a burden on someone else just so I can be able to go out to eat. 

the pandemic is taking a toll on more than just physical health. I think that gets lost a lot of the time (in general). 

It’s way easier just being a one man Wolfpack...plus that’s when I meet new people but there isn’t much of that this summer.   I’ve missed the interaction with friends but I do enjoy conducting more business at work via phone, email and mail.  I had four appointments this week at work which is the most I’ve had all pandemic.  I feel for the really old folks.  Let’s say this lasts a year solid..that’s perhaps 2-3% of our remaining lives..for 86 year olds it’s a much higher percentage percentage.  This old lady who came in with her son the other day was wearing one of those masks with the filter.  It made her day when I complimented her on her nails and gave her an elbow bump.  Another old lady asked if she could smoke..I said go for it..I’m surprised I didn’t bum one off her.  

When ski season starts..even if it’s herky jerky...it’s going to be a breath of fresh air...I’ve slept late enough I’m ready to get up at dark o’clock and arrive at Blue earlier than necessary.. @Johnny Law still beats me occasionally.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

CU cases are rising and Boulder just issued a pretty strict restriction that ANYONE between the ages of 18-22 can not go to a gathering off any size, indoors or out. I have an appt for a massage in a week and they just called me to verify my age saying they cannot accept appointments from anyone in the 18-22 age bracket. Kind of extreme when I think my son is 20, does not attend CU, so I guess he is not allowed to hang out with any of his friends (who also do not attend CU).  

Boulder County has issued an order halting all gatherings for Boulder residents between the ages of 18 and 22 and issued stay-at-home orders to more than 30 University Hill residences to help stop the spread of the coronavirus, which has surged in that age group since the start of the University of Colorado Boulder’s semester.

According to the order, which began at 4 p.m. Thursday, anyone aged 18 to 22 years old “anywhere in the city of Boulder may not participate in any gatherings of any size, whether indoors, outdoors, on or off campus, or with individuals of any age.”

Edited by Barb

4 hours ago, Barb said:

CU cases are rising and Boulder just issued a pretty strict restriction that ANYONE between the ages of 18-22 can not go to a gathering off any size, indoors or out. I have an appt for a massage in a week and they just called me to verify my age saying they cannot accept appointments from anyone in the 18-22 age bracket. Kind of extreme when I think my son is 20, does not attend CU, so I guess he is not allowed to hang out with any of his friends (who also do not attend CU).  

Boulder County has issued an order halting all gatherings for Boulder residents between the ages of 18 and 22 and issued stay-at-home orders to more than 30 University Hill residences to help stop the spread of the coronavirus, which has surged in that age group since the start of the University of Colorado Boulder’s semester.

According to the order, which began at 4 p.m. Thursday, anyone aged 18 to 22 years old “anywhere in the city of Boulder may not participate in any gatherings of any size, whether indoors, outdoors, on or off campus, or with individuals of any age.”

The band was playing some serious favorites..wish I could post videos.  Earth angel, sublime songs and many more..paid tab before 11 and strict cut off but a friend with David Bowie mask bought me a single and Uber double the normal price.  Tables are white marble..Covid-19th Street got some of that Gordon Ramsey money.  

08F868F0-ED75-418B-B8D4-B52984BCCEFD.jpeg

Oh boy. I can see this not going over very well.

2 hours ago, Shadows said:

French open is allowing spectators. 

Same with college and NFL football in Florida.  For the French open only 1,000 people allowed per day and in the main stadium which holds 15,000 there were said to be about 400.  I imagine it’s like the US open where there is one large stadium and several smaller ones.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

So, per Bear Creek website, will be limiting ticket sales, hotel guest, season pass holders no problem, oters must order tickets online with reservation for public. Will be limited daily based on hotel and season passes.. No mention of any other restrictions for now

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mgguy said:

So, per Bear Creek website, will be limiting ticket sales, hotel guest, season pass holders no problem, oters must order tickets online with reservation for public. Will be limited daily based on hotel and season passes.. No mention of any other restrictions for now

Nice didn’t know this was the bear creek forum. 

• Confused 1