Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That is so messed up.  

I gotta give Biden props.  He acted with class and wished Trump well.  Ironically, his voters on PASR have not only refused to wish Trump well, but have even made slick remarks.  So sad to see the lack of humanity and compassion in so many people.  Get well Trump, we are praying for you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I gotta give Biden props.  He acted with class and wished Trump well.  Ironically, his voters on PASR have not only refused to wish Trump well, but have even made slick remarks.  So sad to see the lack of humanity and compassion in so many people.  Get well Trump, we are praying for you!

I don’t tolerate the slick remarks..

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This has to suck for the beer pong community. 

It’s kind of a given when you add an additional 13k plus people into a town that you’re going to have an uptick in cases, especially in the 18-28 year old age group. 

Some thoughts on Covid 19 at this stage. 

I got an email yesterday afternoon from the school president

Dear Members of the Villanova Community,

We all felt it.

The sense of relief that several days of zero positive cases provide. Unfortunately, it also seems to have provided a false sense of confidence for some in our community. The sense that we are in the clear and that we could let down our guard. As our numbers this week have shown, that couldn’t be further from the truth.

While we are well prepared to handle these cases*, we need to see these numbers stabilize. We are not in the clear. We cannot let up. We must continue, or in some cases, recommit to, putting Community First at all times. If everyone does their part, I am confident we can finish out this semester safely on campus.

Do not PROVE ME WRONG, Villanova. V’s up. Masks on. Community First.

Sincerely,

Rev. Peter M. Donohue, OSA
President

This is a well put message and it makes complete sense. The goal of the school is to continue to have in person classes and this is their means to that end. It's a good goal for both the university as well as the students. That being said, what is the end game? This isn't me being "tired of the restrictions" or "annoyed at wearing a mask". It's a genuine question that no one seems willing to even address. There were a few days with 0 cases and then all of a sudden there were reported ones on campus. Does anyone honestly think that the number could have stayed at 0? This disease is not going away for decades at best. Will a handful of cases inside different organizations be cause for alarm until 2030? There is absolutely no doubt that this is a terrible disease that has the capability to seriously injure or kill, but we have to be smart about the fact that in most cases it does neither.  The kids at 'Nova who are positive for Covid-19 are likely feeling ill in their isolation but will be OK in a few weeks and will resume class in person with the rest of their friends. I also understand the argument that professors are typically in a higher risk category and I understand that but they are going to be at risk for years.

So what is the long term goal then? Back to normal when cases are below a certain threshold? Back to normal when cases are 0? I don't particularly care what that number is, but we need to agree on long term goals.

It seems to me that the goal post was constantly shifting in the beginning of this pandemic and slowly it was disassembled and moved out of the stadium. 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 9:14 PM, Kyle said:

I get that. Mentally, I’m ready for things to loosen up in PA. Life is a lot different during a pandemic for a single person. A lot of places near me won’t seat a single person at a table for dining. Getting takeout and sitting in your house alone every night isn’t exactly the most fun thing after 7 months of it. It’s frustrating to see tables of up to 6 people eating inside or outside, yet I can’t get one, nor sit at the bar while distanced (easily done) to get food and a beer. 

I’m just more than ready for things to get back to normal for my own sanity. 

Get the Hinge app.  I’ve done more social stuff in the past few months than I have in forever.  

52 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Get the Hinge app.  I’ve done more social stuff in the past few months than I have in forever.  

Isn’t that for dating or is that just a “meet new friends” app? 

Trust me, I’m thoroughly enjoying being a single guy, just wish more restaurants would more open to seating 1 person vs turning that business away to get a 4-6 person table in there. Money wise is makes sense, but someone like me is going to said establishment 3-4 times a week vs the one every two weeks most families do. Just a weird time in general right now.  

45 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Isn’t that for dating or is that just a “meet new friends” app? 

Trust me, I’m thoroughly enjoying being a single guy, just wish more restaurants would more open to seating 1 person vs turning that business away to get a 4-6 person table in there. Money wise is makes sense, but someone like me is going to said establishment 3-4 times a week vs the one every two weeks most families do. Just a weird time in general right now.  

Still crazy about single diners being turned away.  The establishments around me have plenty of single diners.  I got to the Shanty way before my friends last week and had my own table. 

12 minutes ago, Benm said:

I'm so glad I didn't do fantasy football this year. Stuff like this would drive me bananas. 

Yeah tell me about it, I have Mahomes, Kelce, Derrick Henry, and tyreek hill on my fantasy team. Pretty much had to replace the entire team. 

luckily we made a rule before the season started that if you had to drop a player due to COVID you have first dibs on getting him back once cleared. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Yeah tell me about it, I have Mahomes, Kelce, Derrick Henry, and tyreek hill on my fantasy team. Pretty much had to replace the entire team. 

luckily we made a rule before the season started that if you had to drop a player due to COVID you have first dibs on getting him back once cleared. 

We put in a COVID IR for two spots a team.