Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

12 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

No, I was baptized Baptist, a deacon in the local church and have a MA in theology, although my grandfather was a founding member of the local Hungarian language Catholic Church. Let’s continue somewhere else as suggested. If we annoy GSS, we must be pretty bad.

Baptist seems fun. I imagine you were singing in church..wahahahaha 

20 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Before I continue, I assume you were baptized in the Catholic Church and confirmed in the Catholic Church?

I was though I'm perhaps the least conventionaly religious person around. Religion as an idea is filing in the blanks humans don't like,  Religion in practice is something else entirely.

She has no real judicial niche or ethos if you will, shes a follower. Likely because she knew she was at the top of the list for some time and the only way to get knocked down is to be bold. 

She would be a interesting justice in that she'd for the first time really have to establish law than punt but once your there some persons really open up as it's very hard to be fired. 

The larger issue remains on abortion which I find to be rather ridiculous given the general state of things.  Complete lunacy aside, like every sperm is sacred types the reality of the issue is one of theory vs reality. When it comes to abortion though reality seems almost irrelevant. I've always wanted to talk with a pro-lifer about the life question but I've never met one who'll do it.....the reverse is also true with pro choice types an therein lies the whole problem.

10 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

I was working in Fort Lee and had to travel 100 yards on Rt 4 the day of Bridgegate. Took me 45 minutes, but even I wouldn’t wish this on Christie.

I won’t wish it on him but they showed pictures of him at the rose garden ceremony hugging people and being close with a bunch of folks no mask on..sometimes if you play with fire you get burned.  

Baptist seems fun. I imagine you were singing in church..wahahahaha 

I was in the choir as a young teenager, with a nice soprano voice. Had a duet with another guy my age, and both of our voices started breaking that Sunday during the song. Pretty embarrassing, The choir director always thought we did it on purpose.

7 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

I was in the choir as a young teenager, with a nice soprano voice. Had a duet with another guy my age, and both of our voices started breaking that Sunday during the song. Pretty embarrassing, The choir director always thought we did it on purpose.

Wow that sounds like a Brady Bunch episode.  My friend was a member of first Presbyterian Church as a kid and I sometimes hungout there and even went to blue mountain with the church.  I liked it way better than synagogue...less formal..people don’t even usually dress up for church.  

21 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I was though I'm perhaps the least conventionaly religious person around. Religion as an idea is filing in the blanks humans don't like,  Religion in practice is something else entirely.

She has no real judicial niche or ethos if you will, shes a follower. Likely because she knew she was at the top of the list for some time and the only way to get knocked down is to be bold. 

She would be a interesting justice in that she'd for the first time really have to establish law than punt but once your there some persons really open up as it's very hard to be fired. 

The larger issue remains on abortion which I find to be rather ridiculous given the general state of things.  Complete lunacy aside, like every sperm is sacred types the reality of the issue is one of theory vs reality. When it comes to abortion though reality seems almost irrelevant. I've always wanted to talk with a pro-lifer about the life question but I've never met one who'll do it.....the reverse is also true with pro choice types an therein lies the whole problem.

I was going to post that religion is a lie earlier, but yours sounds more believable 

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I was going to post that religion is a lie earlier, but yours sounds more believable 

Religion as a lie is like physics. Depending on the scale and way you're looking at it the laws either make complete sense or are off the wall insane. Both are right. 

1 minute ago, Schif said:

Religion as a lie is like physics. Depending on the scale and way you're looking at it the laws either make complete sense or are off the wall insane. Both are right. 

I know someone who doesn’t believe in gravity.... 

I find it fascinating that a guy built a massive boat that was big enough to hold every single animal, insect, bacteria, etc. AND know how to identify each sex of species to make sure they could reproduce AND travel the world to collect everything AND then I remember it is not true. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wow just wow, I guess you guys have never heard of Pascal's wager.

Nope I’ll google it.  I think it’s something to do with a bird in the hand is worth two in the Bush or maybe about how a warm Bush is better than a cold Budweiser.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I find it fascinating that a guy built a massive boat that was big enough to hold every single animal, insect, bacteria, etc. AND know how to identify each sex of species to make sure they could reproduce AND travel the world to collect everything AND then I remember it is not true. 

It’s a bunch of bullshit stories.  That’s why I dropped out of Sunday school in fourth grade.  I do like the Noah’s ark song..it’s a banger. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nope I’ll google it.  I think it’s something to do with a bird in the hand is worth two in the Bush or maybe about how a warm Bush is better than a cold Budweiser.  

It's basically the philosophy that it's better to be religious than to not be and risk going to hell.