Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

2 hours ago, NMSKI said:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/20/world/covid-19-coronavirus-updates/a-virus-update-in-three-charts

These graphs and the accompanying discussion seems like very good news to me.  

If the link comes through funny, the basic gist is that hospitalizations in relation to cases are way down, deaths as a proportion to cases are way down and testing is way up.  

Yup because before only the sick and old were tested and now it’s common. I wouldn’t be surprised if a couple PASRs had Corona and didn’t even know it or shook it off as a bad hangover.  I haven’t even had a runny nose during this.  Insane..

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yup because before only the sick and old were tested and now it’s common. I wouldn’t be surprised if a couple PASRs had Corona and didn’t even know it or shook it off as a bad hangover.  I haven’t even had a runny nose during this.  Insane..

im convinced i had it, though it just felt like a slight respiratory issue. 10sh days later my wife had to do breathing treatments at urgent care because she 'felt like she was drowning' and couldn't breath

this was in late jan, maybe into early feb but i dont remember

a week before i felt it, i was at a trade show with 12+ thousand attendees from 40+ states and 10+ countries.

Edited by Benm

23 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

It's still not according to the NY DoH website that was just updated today. 

i'm pretty sure it's just a travel 'advisory', nevermind, they're all advisories. even though PA fits the rubric for mandated quarantine, they're not enforcing it, it's just discouraged. been on the news here the last couple days.

Edited by Benm

It's still not according to the NY DoH website that was just updated today. 

Direct from horses mouth but as noted no idea how they could actually enforce it. Regarding state website - state employees not always the most efficient workers or their proofing protocols suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Love 1

Just now, tarponhead said:

Direct from horses mouth but as noted no idea how they could actually enforce it. Regarding state website - state employees not always the most efficient workers or their proofing protocols suck

Did you even read the article you posted? 

It says that "Despite an uptick of cases in New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania, New York officials said on Tuesday that travelers from those three neighboring states would not be required to quarantine, though each state meets the qualifications for the restriction.".

That sounds like we're "not on the list".

Did you even read the article you posted? 
It says that "Despite an uptick of cases in New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania, New York officials said on Tuesday that travelers from those three neighboring states would not be required to quarantine, though each state meets the qualifications for the restriction.".
That sounds like we're "not on the list".

I guess my proofing protocols suck. Carry on

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Benm said:

i'm willing to bet that they're just registered and insured in PA because it costs less than NY

You are 100% right.  It’s a Brooklyn tradition to use the address of a relative in PA for your car.  People in parts of queens and all of Staten Island would call the cops on you for doing that 

21 minutes ago, Benm said:

i'm willing to bet that they're just registered and insured in PA because it costs less than NY

11 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

You are 100% right.  It’s a Brooklyn tradition to use the address of a relative in PA for your car.  People in parts of queens and all of Staten Island would call the cops on you for doing that 

Also a great way to get dropped by your insurance carrier. 

• Like 2

Any guesses on when PA will stop putting out these daily maps? There's probably some low to mid level guy in Harrisburg who's job it is to update the template every morning and email it out to someone to publish it up.

It's not bad work but it's not his dream. The guy is working from home which is a definite step up from the plaster walls of the windowless room where his Dell Desktop had been set up on a brown table. Sure there were birthday parties occasionally but the drudgery of that life wore on him. Should I try to get a new job? Maybe, but these benefits are nice and I don't even know where I would start to look during  pandemic. Next year. Yeah definitely next year I'll be ready to branch out and find a job I love.  Next year never comes, each step in comfortable brown shoes is one closer to retirement, that's when things will be better....

• Love 1
  • Haha 1