Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

2 hours ago, tarponhead said:

1100+ new cases in jersey, 2300+ in pennsy and these are Monday numbers...

Not good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA actually reported two days worth combined for what it’s worth.  My office managers kid is a senior at kutztown and lives in an apartment with a couple friends.  One of them was home last week and apparently with her parents who have Covid and she not only returned to school but didn’t say anything to roommates until a few days later and in passing.  Office managers daughter has been tested and her friend just finally got tested today.  So stupid.  Also had a customer with a faceshield...doesn’t seem as good as mask alone but I’m not one to judge...I wonder if the masks with vents are better...have had an elderly customer with those kept my piehole shut. 

2 hours ago, Schif said:

Wolf didn't give up on it and has infinitely more control over Pennsylvania than Donald. 

Yup but a lot of people are fatigued by this.  This last weekend in the west end of allentown you wouldn’t even know there was a pandemic. Kids were playing soccer..there was live music and events during the daytime and at night both indoor and outdoor. Halloween parties have been announced and more and more on my FB newsfeed group shots of friends socializing appear.  It’s also getting cooler so more people are dining and inside bars.  

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

I mean, does it really come as a surprise to anyone? Regardless of who’s in charge, Americans are fucking ignorant. No matter what it is, if you tell them “you HAVE to do this”, they’re not going to listen. 

Yup...I like when I tell my customers to have a seat..they’re like it’s ok I’ll stand...so then I tell them nah don’t go with the blue or black granite it’s expensive and gray is fine and they go with Blue or black lol..on topic...Europe isn’t doing very well either.  Bar and restaurant owners had a rally today for the governor to loosen restrictions on indoor dining, indoor bars, closing times, ordering food with drink purchase and being able to sit at the bar. 

https://www.wfmz.com/news/area/lehighvalley/lehigh-valley-restaurant-owners-gather-to-support-relaxing-covid-19-restrictions/article_fc412cf4-1251-11eb-aa69-0b5f7133b73a.html?fbclid=IwAR0fTFtaEQ94-9YWDZzOKRuCwU2IU2ce8q9RytidnzNjfASR1PqhFqzmviw

17 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Why didn't jo get a debate? She's on the ballot. 

Jo? Ok googled Jo Jorgenson. Pretty irrelevant.  Same reason that Gary Johnson didn’t get a debate...irrelevant.  I think the last debate with three candidates was in 1992 with George HW Bush, Clinton and Ross Perot...Perot received like 15% of the vote as an independent. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

12 minutes ago, Shadows said:

How can you be irrelevant if you're on the ballot. You're on the ballot.

Because zero chance to win.  Barely anybody even knows about Jo..I vaguely do and I’m pretty woke. Kanye West is on the ballot in some states.  I think it’s badass that Jared Kushner and Yeezy are bros 

Something like 60% of restaurants in PA are predicted to go out of business from this and the Old Country Buffet in Whitehall is the next victim. I’ve never been but my office manager calls it the hog trough.  The Chinese buffet by Dorney Park is open...normally I’d be down with it the way I’m down with OPP but nope..hard pass...in non pandemic times it’s a nice to get the hibachi at the buffet..you get a little show without spending a lot of dough. 

Something like 60% of restaurants in PA are predicted to go out of business from this and the Old Country Buffet in Whitehall is the next victim. I’ve never been but my office manager calls it the hog trough.  The Chinese buffet by Dorney Park is open...normally I’d be down with it the way I’m down with OPP but nope..hard pass...in non pandemic times it’s a nice to get the hibachi at the buffet..you get a little show without spending a lot of dough. 

OCB in Whitehall closed? Damn.

14 hours ago, Kyle said:

I mean, does it really come as a surprise to anyone? Regardless of who’s in charge, Americans are fucking ignorant. No matter what it is, if you tell them “you HAVE to do this”, they’re not going to listen. 

I have been saying this all along.  Its our God given right as Americans to congregate, go to bars, etc.  Cant tell us not to do that.  

The opportunity to make an impact in reducing this was months ago.  We screwed the pooch.  

I have been saying this all along.  Its our God given right as Americans to congregate, go to bars, etc.  Cant tell us not to do that.  
The opportunity to make an impact in reducing this was months ago.  We screwed the pooch.  

Agreed. Here's what has me scratching my head though. I used to say "look at Europe...they're doing the right thing" but now this. Appears Australia and New Zealand are still doing it right. I think travel, their location etc has a lot to do with that as they're more isolated.
391c9e38e8b2c7955e2fb59d4a15f4ed.jpg911f91eb29a64281c620d0f456e141fa.jpgea46ad608c21dc795ae5ae7b36b1f673.jpg33846363d3e1ffd6f8b82de4ce23b1b9.jpg
50a3012dfb405a248d488ea09b599a37.jpg
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Agreed. Here's what has me scratching my head though. I used to say "look at Europe...they're doing the right thing" but now this. Appears Australia and New Zealand are still doing it right. I think travel, their location etc has a lot to do with that as they're more isolated.

Thanks for the International Data. I'm finding that to be more interesting than US data lately. 

This is just me being a random dude who like skiing and likes going on the internet, but in my completely irrelevant and not particularly highly educated opinion what you're seeing is the inevitable. Severe lockdowns will decrease cases to a point, it will never be nonzero. Opening up in any capacity will cause spikes around the reopening and then an eventual plateau. 

I don't think it's possible to contain this or any virus without complete and total lockdown. I've been running this thought experiment through my head for a while now. If our goal is elimination of this Coronavirus, which it seems to be after we shifted the goal posts a few times, then the only way to actually have a shot is the most intense lockdown the human population has ever seen. Give everyone 6 weeks notice to prep and get everything they need and then put in place a full blown, don't leave your home, lockdown for 4 weeks until everyone who has the virus has had it pass through their system until they are not infectious.  

If all 7.954 Billion of us can get that done then I think we've got this beat. As we've seen though from how this all began is that as long as there is any of this virus in the world it will absolutely spread again. Realistically if we took the most extreme measures possible and got this virus down to 1% of it's current reach it would likely come back to where it is now after lockdowns are lifted because the few that have it cannot stop spreading it. 

I think one of the reasons we saw good numbers out of Europe for the longest time was that with their restrictions people were staying put in their own countries more. Just a complete guess but I would imagine Americans cross state borders at a higher rate than Europeans cross national boarders. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Schif said:

Thanks for the International Data. I'm finding that to be more interesting than US data lately. 

This is just me being a random dude who like skiing and likes going on the internet, but in my completely irrelevant and not particularly highly educated opinion what you're seeing is the inevitable. Severe lockdowns will decrease cases to a point, it will never be nonzero. Opening up in any capacity will cause spikes around the reopening and then an eventual plateau. 

I don't think it's possible to contain this or any virus without complete and total lockdown. I've been running this thought experiment through my head for a while now. If our goal is elimination of this Coronavirus, which it seems to be after we shifted the goal posts a few times, then the only way to actually have a shot is the most intense lockdown the human population has ever seen. Give everyone 6 weeks notice to prep and get everything they need and then put in place a full blown, don't leave your home, lockdown for 4 weeks until everyone who has the virus has had it pass through their system until they are not infectious.  

If all 7.954 Billion of us can get that done then I think we've got this beat. As we've seen though from how this all began is that as long as there is any of this virus in the world it will absolutely spread again. Realistically if we took the most extreme measures possible and got this virus down to 1% of it's current reach it would likely come back to where it is now after lockdowns are lifted because the few that have it cannot stop spreading it. 

I think one of the reasons we saw good numbers out of Europe for the longest time was that with their restrictions people were staying put in their own countries more. Just a complete guess but I would imagine Americans cross state borders at a higher rate than Europeans cross national boarders. 

Correct.