Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

2 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

here's a question, who here knows someone first hand that has /had COVID? I don't know anyone and that just seems a bit odd to me with the numbers they publishing....

correction: I know 1 person from the first spike back in March

I know 4 people who have had it. 2 showed no symptoms, one was moderately sick for 3 days, and one was deathly ill for months. We didn’t have our hopes up but he made a miraculous recovery.

32 minutes ago, Schif said:

Just got randomly selected for a mandatory Covid test I'll have to take on Tuesday. How many of you guys have been tested before and with what frequency? 

Mandatory random testing... WTH is that and do they have nothing else to do than to waste tests and resources on random people?

Early in the pandemic my cousin was coming back from a Doctors without Borders thing in Africa and brought Covid home with him. He was feeling not so great for two days but that was about it. He gave it to his brother who felt achy for a day but was over the symptoms of it in about 24 hours. Their mom got it and had flu like symptoms for about a week. Their dad who was in the house with all 3 for the duration of this never caught it. 

I have a college aged cousin down in Delaware that caught it over the summer, felt fine throughout the quarantine and never spread it to the rest of the family there. 

9 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

here's a question, who here knows someone first hand that has /had COVID? I don't know anyone and that just seems a bit odd to me with the numbers they publishing....

I know several people who had Covid but I also know a lot of people.  I also feel like many people have kept hush hush about it if they test positive, they aren’t just broadcasting it on Facebook. The worst is one guy and his wife who are friends with my cousin and live down in Boyertown..they both got it at a home karaoke party.  He was a Covid denier before and when he got it he said it’s just like a bad cold..then a few days later he had to go to the hospital because he had trouble breathing then a week later he had friends over to sing karaoke.  I said you shouldn’t have people over and he said it’s ok, they were all around me before anyway.  Sheesh.  Almost like with chicken pox where people want to get infected.  

33 minutes ago, Schif said:

Just got randomly selected for a mandatory Covid test I'll have to take on Tuesday. How many of you guys have been tested before and with what frequency? 

I got tested some time back in the summer.  The entire office and shop got tested since we hired a company to handle it.  I think the swab does actually touch the base your brain.  Uncomfortable at best.  

8 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

I know one person.  And like you, i would like to know where the numbers are coming from as well, but knowing a few people in the health care field, all have told me cases are rising at their respective hospitals, so i do believe things are on the rise.  i heard on the radio this morning NJ was kicking around the idea of another lock down.   i dont want to see that again, we need to figure out the top "hot spots" (bars, restaurants, schools, etc) and work from there.  

14 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

I know about 20. And I have taken care of about 15 vented patients who had it.

It seems like most of the new cases are from small to medium sized at home gatherings.  That’s what makes Thanksgiving so scary in terms of future spread.  You have people who wanna hug and kiss each other spending hours together.  Some are still very comfortable being close to people during this.  When I had my car serviced last week the service tech was all up in my business..he did have a mask on but I feel like half the people out and about don’t think Covid is real.  

I honestly dont think governor Wolf has the balls to put any new restrictions in place.  He has taken such a beating from small business owners that I feel he’s in the learn to live with it phase.   I have noticed a significant drop off in people who want to come into my office vs late summer when we were only at 500-600 cases daily for PA