Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

11 minutes ago, Kyle said:

My sister tested positive for it today(got her results back from a Wednesday test,  I dry-walled her master bath for her saturday. She started feeling symptoms Tuesday and got tested (and failed to mention it to me). Got her results back and notified me today. I was able to get a minute clinic test but no results yet. 

haven’t felt any symptoms at all, so unsure if I have it or not but I guess time will tell. 

Man that sucks...Early on one of my coworkers I was around tested positive...I was a real prick about people wearing masks so he did have one on around me(he feels he caught it from his GF...But the two week quarantine was stressful..

There’s not going to be a national lockdown but many areas could see herd immunity before there’s a viable vaccine if numbers keep surging the way they do. 

Agree no lockdown unless hospitals get maxed. Heard immunity??? To lazy to crunch numbers but I doubt it. Go with low bar of 60% and assume no one leaves their county but even that... please (I’m begging) tell me I’m wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Agree no lockdown unless hospitals get maxed. Heard immunity??? To lazy to crunch numbers but I doubt it. Go with low bar of 60% and assume no one leaves their county but even that... please (I’m begging) tell me I’m wrong

I’m talking about a few places where no mitigation efforts have taken place.   Brazil hasn’t done but and Covid-19 is still raging.  In Mexico there were 5,000 new cases today and 500 new deaths so they obviously aren’t testing many people.  From what I’ve seen people are only immune to Covid for a certain amount of time so herd immunity could be a fallacy.   

1 hour ago, tarponhead said:

Based on everything that I have read, heard immunity is not going to be possible until we know more about the antibody-antigen response. And from what we do know, people have contracted covid twice in some places. We will be in this pattern through 2021 and into 2022. Maybe beyond. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Based on everything that I have read, heard immunity is not going to be possible until we know more about the antibody-antigen response. And from what we do know, people have contracted covid twice in some places. We will be in this pattern through 2021 and into 2022. Maybe beyond. 

I’ve heard that eventually there could be an annual booster shot needed.  Also 132,000+ new cases today.  I remember back around mid July when it was half that think wow just wow...mid December maybe 300k??  Also North Dakota has had the highest per capita rate of infection with about 7% of their population testing positive for corona. PA is ranked 44th with 1.7% officially testing positive.   Vermont is ranked last at .3%

as far as testing Rhode Island and Alaska have done more than one test per person during this. PA ranks very low in testing with about one test per five people.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

I hope you and your sister are alright!

Thanks. We should be fine. She was mild symptoms and I’ve shown none so far. 

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

that is fucked up that she didn't tell you. how many other people was she around that she didn't tell? Did you both at least have masks on?

Yeah, it’s fucked up she didn’t tell me at first, but she worked Saturday night (respiratory therapist) and felt symptoms Tuesday and wasn’t sure when she got it as she was off Sunday Monday and Tuesday and got the symptoms on Tuesday morning so I can’t really blame her for it. She doesn’t go out to eat or go to the bar or anything like that so it’s isolated to her job, at a hospital, and given the fact she hadn’t worked the 4 days before I saw and her experienced symptoms 3 days after leads me to believe she doesn’t think I was at risk 

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My exact thoughts..noway they both had masks on.  

I did her drywall Saturday night when she was at work, no need for a mask as I was the only one in her house. See quote above for explanation 

35 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Thanks. We should be fine. She was mild symptoms and I’ve shown none so far. 

Yeah, it’s fucked up she didn’t tell me at first, but she worked Saturday night (respiratory therapist) and felt symptoms Tuesday and wasn’t sure when she got it as she was off Sunday Monday and Tuesday and got the symptoms on Tuesday morning so I can’t really blame her for it. She doesn’t go out to eat or go to the bar or anything like that so it’s isolated to her job, at a hospital, and given the fact she hadn’t worked the 4 days before I saw and her experienced symptoms 3 days after leads me to believe she doesn’t think I was at risk 

I did her drywall Saturday night when she was at work, no need for a mask as I was the only one in her house. See quote above for explanation 

Oh, well that is different than being with your sister. Her not being there when you are there is low risk.

• Thanks 1

Don’t know anyone who got it but I don’t have many friends, lol. No one I work with (about 20 techs) has gotten it, which is surprising with the number of interactions we have. I even survived a meal at Shady Maple in September. 

Touching back to @Schif’s question, at one point a few months ago Comcast tested us all and then two weeks later tested us again (entire region, not just Sellersville) but then said they were done with that. It wasn’t the grey matter poke tho, just a self-administered q-tip in the nostril. 

9 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Don’t know anyone who got it but I don’t have many friends, lol. No one I work with (about 20 techs) has gotten it, which is surprising with the number of interactions we have. I even survived a meal at Shady Maple in September. 

Touching back to @Schif’s question, at one point a few months ago Comcast tested us all and then two weeks later tested us again (entire region, not just Sellersville) but then said they were done with that. It wasn’t the grey matter poke tho, just a self-administered q-tip in the nostril. 

Is shady maple still self service?  I saw that at Vegas buffets you now order off a menu and a server brings you whatever you. I haven’t seen any salad bars back yet but wegmans has self service soup bar back.  

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is shady maple still self service?  I saw that at Vegas buffets you now order off a menu and a server brings you whatever you. I haven’t seen any salad bars back yet but wegmans has self service soup bar back.  

It was. Masks required away from table of course. At every pass through to the buffet there was a table set up with hand sanitizer and boxes of plastic gloves that were required to use the serving utensils. Tables were marked off as unusable for social distancing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

It was. Masks required away from table of course. At every pass through to the buffet there was a table set up with hand sanitizer and boxes of plastic gloves that were required to use the serving utensils. Tables were marked off as unusable for social distancing.

Now I'm hungry. I'd crush some Shady Maple right now.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sheesh nasty people. I love hot dogs and I’ll never go there. 

1C12C95D-6EEE-46AD-B97D-33203ABA803B.png

BF4F8710-DC97-486A-997B-4AB36BDF6575.png

99675BC6-5265-4BAF-B837-8E0D311F766F.png

But they’re following the guidelines from the department of agriculture!!!! 

mad dogs is trash anyway, I’m surprised they’re still even open 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

But they’re following the guidelines from the department of agriculture!!!! 

mad dogs is trash anyway, I’m surprised they’re still even open 

They’re not though as employees in restaurants must wear masks and also customers must wear masks when entering, and going to the bathroom.  They just opened a new location that I was going to check out but not now.  The best area hot dogs, Yoccos is 100% mask compliant.  They even require customers to wear masks in the drive thru.  

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They’re not though as employees in restaurants must wear masks and also customers must wear masks when entering, and going to the bathroom.  They just opened a new location that I was going to check out but not now.  The best area hot dogs, Yoccos is 100% mask compliant.  They even require customers to wear masks in the drive thru.  

Sarcasm doesn’t translate well through text. 

skip mad dog, go to the grocery store and get a pack of ballpark hot dogs, canned chili, and some shredded cheese and boom, you have the same thing they sell for WAY less