Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

29 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Thats really interesting. I havent used cash for anything for months. 
how would you pay for a plane ticket?  Never buy anything online?  

18 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

debit card?

This. Citizens allows you to use your card as debit or credit, but it deducts money from your account almost immediately. 

edit: I don’t have a credit card in the sense of borrowed money 

Edited by Kyle

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Thats really interesting. I havent used cash for anything for months. 
how would you pay for a plane ticket?  Never buy anything online?  

I was wondering on plane tickets, rental cars, hotels...a lot of my takeout orders I pay online with credit card...plus I rack up a silly amount of points..double points for hotels and restaurants.  The only thing I really use cash for is weed and on group trips it is nice for paying share of bill. Oh yeah and some of the yoccos locations are cash only and of course they have an ATM with like a $3.50 service fee.  I believe on my main credit card, the payment is due around 25 days after the billing cycle is over so you essentially have a 3-7 week interest free loan...

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Kyle said:

This. Citizens allows you to use your card as debit or credit, but it deducts money from your account almost immediately. 

edit: I don’t have a credit card in the sense of borrowed money 

When you are at like wawa do you have to put in a PIN number when you use your debit card??  I see a lot of people do that.  I’ve never had a debit card but have always had an ATM card. 

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When you are at like wawa do you have to put in a PIN number when you use your debit card??  I see a lot of people do that.  I’ve never had a debit card but have always had an ATM card. 

If I select debit I do, if I select credit I don’t. There’s really no difference in how the money comes out other than I’ve noticed if I pay “credit” for gas it’s delayed by a few days 

just looked at my account. One is coded as “DBT Purchase” which is pin, and the other is “POS Debit” which doesn’t require a pin. So either way it’s A debit purchase, it’s just able to be used as a “credit” option on the machine 

Edited by Kyle

44 minutes ago, Kyle said:

If I select debit I do, if I select credit I don’t. There’s really no difference in how the money comes out other than I’ve noticed if I pay “credit” for gas it’s delayed by a few days 

just looked at my account. One is coded as “DBT Purchase” which is pin, and the other is “POS Debit” which doesn’t require a pin. So either way it’s A debit purchase, it’s just able to be used as a “credit” option on the machine 

Have you ever financed a car or do you just buy outright?  I mean that’s credit.  

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Have you ever financed a car or do you just buy outright?  I mean that’s credit.  

Yes I have. I have credit in that sense, but I don’t have a credit card where I pay for something and essentially “borrow” the money from the company until I make a payment towards the balance 

Kyle, you need a Credit Card.  Get one with cash back, unless you plan on utilizing points to fly.  Ok, now that Kyles finances are out of the way.....

One of the salesman said the school his kids go to announced they would be all virtual by the end of the month, with how things are trending.  He bumped into one of the teachers, said he heard about virtual by the end of the month, to which the teacher said, "ha...thats probably going to happen Friday."

I dont want to get locked down again, i like going to work better than sitting at home, so we need to shut down whats producing the most cases.  Unlike before, its not the assisted living facilities.  

11 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Kyle, you need a Credit Card.  Get one with cash back, unless you plan on utilizing points to fly.  Ok, now that Kyles finances are out of the way.....

One of the salesman said the school his kids go to announced they would be all virtual by the end of the month, with how things are trending.  He bumped into one of the teachers, said he heard about virtual by the end of the month, to which the teacher said, "ha...thats probably going to happen Friday."

I dont want to get locked down again, i like going to work better than sitting at home, so we need to shut down whats producing the most cases.  Unlike before, its not the assisted living facilities.  

There aren’t gonna be anymore shutdowns in PA...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquirer.com/news/coronavirus-covid-19-pa-nj-fall-surge-restrictions-hospitalization-deaths-levine-philly-20201029.html%3foutputType=amp

They are advising some schools to go remote.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pennlive.com/news/2020/11/facing-sobering-coivd-19-situation-pa-advising-many-schools-to-shut-down-classrooms.html%3foutputType=amp

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Our school district just announced they will be 100% remote learning until at least January. They said they can no longer handle schools on an individual basis. They were really trying to keep k-2 in person as studies have shown that age bracket does the worst with remote learning. 

My son’s lung collapsed again and he had the surgery to fuse it to his chest wall yesterday and is now in ICU. Now I am just really concerned about COVID for him. I have been careful myself, but now I feel I should up my game even more since he is in my bubble. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Barb said:

Our school district just announced they will be 100% remote learning until at least January. They said they can no longer handle schools on an individual basis. They were really trying to keep k-2 in person as studies have shown that age bracket does the worst with remote learning. 

My son’s lung collapsed again and he had the surgery to fuse it to his chest wall yesterday and is now in ICU. Now I am just really concerned about COVID for him. I have been careful myself, but now I feel I should up my game even more since he is in my bubble. 

Sorry to hear that about your son, Barb. Hopefully things go smoothly as he recovers and that corrects things. As Doug would say - +++VIBES+++

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Barb said:

Wow...sorry to hear that....hope for a speedy recovery!

• Thanks 1