Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

Sure, there is *some* value left in that vehicle after 9 years, but insignificant.  Certainly not enough to counter the "peace of mind" having 3 new cars without any issues or unexpected costs for 9 years.  To each his own.

I won't get into the argument but all of those conveniences are not free. If you feel that they are worth paying for no one can argue with you. I bet you know this but I would bet a lot more that most people do not know what price for the car and what residual and interest rate were factored into the lease. I would bet that most were screwed on all three and thought they got a great deal. TP4 would likely know how that works but I bet he wouldn't be willing to be totally honest about it. Car dealers make more off of leases than financing or cash purchases. So if they make more money how does the consumer also get the best and least cost deal?.....They don't.

1 hour ago, trackbiker said:

I won't get into the argument but all of those conveniences are not free. If you feel that they are worth paying for no one can argue with you. I bet you know this but I would bet a lot more that most people do not know what price for the car and what residual and interest rate were factored into the lease. I would bet that most were screwed on all three and thought they got a great deal. TP4 would likely know how that works but I bet he wouldn't be willing to be totally honest about it. Car dealers make more off of leases than financing or cash purchases. So if they make more money how does the consumer also get the best and least cost deal?.....They don't.

You’re annoying 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, trackbiker said:

There is another thread on here where we talked about all this (maybe the car thread?).  I know the ins and outs of BMW's leasing system, all the hacks, etc.  It's so easy.  I email my saleswoman for a quote, and she is within $1 of the number I had calculated myself.  She knows I know how to do it, she said there is no point in wasting anyones time.  If we're more than $1 off it triggers a forensic analysis 😀 BMWs MFs have historically been incredibly low, like 1% in terms of interest rates.  1% interest on the depreciation of the car over 3 years is pretty damn good, especially when BMW has also historically had inflated residuals (good for leasees, bad for people who want to buy at the end).  Plenty of manufacturers out there where my 3 leased cars = 1 purchased car numbers wouldn't work.  Audi FS uses more "reasonable" residuals which jack up their lease rates, but make the cars more attractive to purchase at the end of the lease. But, BMW wants to move cars, and inflated residuals and low MFs move cars...they also keep payments low :) I've done things like "multiple security deposits" where I've let BMW hold onto $4200 for 3 years.  In exchange, they lower the MF, which equates to about a $70 reduction in monthly payment.  At the end, I get my $4200 back.  That's a pretty damn good ROI for 3 years on $4200.

Not all millennials are stupid for leasing ;) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

There is another thread on here where we talked about all this (maybe the car thread?).  I know the ins and outs of BMW's leasing system, all the hacks, etc.  It's so easy.  I email my saleswoman for a quote, and she is within $1 of the number I had calculated myself.  She knows I know how to do it, she said there is no point in wasting anyones time.  If we're more than $1 off it triggers a forensic analysis 😀 BMWs MFs have historically been incredibly low, like 1% in terms of interest rates.  1% interest on the depreciation of the car over 3 years is pretty damn good, especially when BMW has also historically had inflated residuals (good for leasees, bad for people who want to buy at the end).  Plenty of manufacturers out there where my 3 leased cars = 1 purchased car numbers wouldn't work.  Audi FS uses more "reasonable" residuals which jack up their lease rates, but make the cars more attractive to purchase at the end of the lease. But, BMW wants to move cars, and inflated residuals and low MFs move cars...they also keep payments low :) I've done things like "multiple security deposits" where I've let BMW hold onto $4200 for 3 years.  In exchange, they lower the MF, which equates to about a $70 reduction in monthly payment.  At the end, I get my $4200 back.  That's a pretty damn good ROI for 3 years on $4200.

Not all millennials are stupid for leasing ;) 

That's why I said you probably know the figures but most people don't run the numbers themselves and have no idea when they're getting a bad deal. The low buyout rate is also a reason that BMW's are such a deal on the used market. They're generally low mileage, well maintained cars and they're like cat shit. They're all over the place because of the low buy out percentage.

Do you believe the stats from China??  I thought in China the outbreak was mainly in a small area and it was contained. 

Washington Post has an article today saying that China does not include asymptotic people testing positive in their metrics.

Depends on how much they raised it and if the price was raised to them. Either way, if people are reporting neighbors doing lawn work someone will report to the AG for price gouging.

Prices for everything are probably going up because with everything shut down truckers often can’t get a return load and have to deadhead back.

Just now, C1erArt said:

Prices for everything are probably going up because with everything shut down truckers often can’t get a return load and have to deadhead back.

I don't have my finger on the pulse of that market right now, but as far as I can tell trucks are still rolling. There was a capacity crunch before that is being lessened now but in my opinion all the trucks on the road are still busy. 6 months ago there were more loads than there were trucks on a per week basis. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think a lot of people are gonna visit distilleries in the next few months in PA..if they remain open with state stores closed or go across the border to NJ..don’t have to ration my JD as much.  

Take a drive up to Eight Oaks! Its a really nice drive up 309. While there, go for a hike at the Knob which is nearby. 

3 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Washington Post has an article today saying that China does not include asymptotic people testing positive in their metrics.

You can’t take anything the Chinese say with any value they don’t even let our journalists into their county.  Looking like US is about to top Italy in total cases we do have 5 times more population in the Us just for shits and giggles I wanted to see what’s happening in other places and Bozeman Montana has 5 cases and Jackson Wyoming 8..Idaho just started doing the semi lockdowns.  

Lots of people out and about today..people are getting bored.  Some also have the attitude fuck it i just wannna get this thing and get it over with and move on with my life...

i really feel for the people at stores as well they come in close contact with hundreds of people a day.  

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Lots of people out and about today..people are getting bored.  Some also have the attitude fuck it i just wannna get this thing and get it over with and move on with my life...

what a stupid approach. That definitely could result with them moving on with their life... for good.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

what a stupid approach. That definitely could result with them moving on with their life... for good.

Can’t fix stupid. I took the dog for a long walk through the trails at a local park and there were parents letting their kids play on the playground (right behind the sign that specifically says not to) while most of them sat on a nearby picnic table. Luckily, the people on the trails used more common sense and would move to the edge of the trail as you walked by. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Can’t fix stupid. I took the dog for a long walk through the trails at a local park and there were parents letting their kids play on the playground (right behind the sign that specifically says not to) while most of them sat on a nearby picnic table. Luckily, the people on the trails used more common sense and would move to the edge of the trail as you walked by. 

People are getting restless I thought every day there’d be less people out and about and at first yes but last two days not so much. 

The play apparatus at our local township park is wrapped in caution tape. Hopefully the excursion day busses from NJ & NY will stop coming to the county parks this summer.