Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am retired... Three + years and you have a hard time wiping the smile off my face 🙂

Same as the last two years. $695. Senior Rate..... "The First Run costs $695. All the Rest Are FREE"    

Here is how it went down.  Elk Mgr - ugh. This whole covid thing.....i dont think we should even open this year.  Elk financial guy - we sold passes at the end of last season, and we spent that mo

Posted Images

  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

It's a discount book I think.

Contains 47 coupons redeemable for lift tickets rentals and lessons.  Not sure but something like 2 coupons for night skiing, 3 for midweek day, 4 for weekend/holiday lift tickets.. Last year's price $575 for adult book.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, rummy said:

Contains 47 coupons redeemable for lift tickets rentals and lessons.  Not sure but something like 2 coupons for night skiing, 3 for midweek day, 4 for weekend/holiday lift tickets.. Last year's price $575 for adult book.

Big and Friendly indeed.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Big and Friendly indeed.  

Seriously. The only big and friendly book that I can think of are maybe like a vintage OG playboy...the Marilyn Monroe version, or maybe the Madonna issue from the early 80s.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rummy said:

Contains 47 coupons redeemable for lift tickets rentals and lessons.  Not sure but something like 2 coupons for night skiing, 3 for midweek day, 4 for weekend/holiday lift tickets.. Last year's price $575 for adult book.

Wow seems grate for a family who just skis a handful of days.  Fantastic.  I’m also guessing many of the coupons go unused sort of like gift certificates. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rummy said:

Contains 47 coupons redeemable for lift tickets rentals and lessons.  Not sure but something like 2 coupons for night skiing, 3 for midweek day, 4 for weekend/holiday lift tickets.. Last year's price $575 for adult book.

is it a coupon book that you buy so you can buy discount tickets with your coupons, or is it really vouchers?  Dont get me started on those.  Might be a great option for those whining in another thread, although its more expensive than the season pass to the other PA mountain.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

is it a coupon book that you buy so you can buy discount tickets with your coupons, or is it really vouchers?  Dont get me started on those.  Might be a great option for those whining in another thread, although its more expensive than the season pass to the other PA mountain.  

I think the benefit is the coupons are transferable and can be used for lessons and rentals as well.  If you’re a real elk mountain big shot, you probably want to have a season pass plus a coupon book when your friends come from the Deep South and get tired of the drive to Vermont so stop at your Villa at elk.  Blue has the buddy pass and 10% off anything with season pass.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Schif said:

I bet there is a way to make a coupon book worth while, though it would probably take more planning than I would be willing to do. 

I used to get Entertainment books.  They were about $30 and had hundreds of coupons..mostly buy one entree get one entree free at restaurants or 50% off.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I used to get Entertainment books.  They were about $30 and had hundreds of coupons..mostly buy one entree get one entree free at restaurants or 50% off.  

They had a lot of mini golf, or real gold coupons too which were useful. I remember all of the sections being color coded.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

is it a coupon book that you buy so you can buy discount tickets with your coupons, or is it really vouchers?  Dont get me started on those.  Might be a great option for those whining in another thread, although its more expensive than the season pass to the other PA mountain.  

It's a book of coupons.... Not vouchers. 

See:   www.elkskier.com/season-passes/      scroll down to B&F book for details 

there are different prices, for different age groups, for each book of 47coupons. More than 2books to same family gets an additional $30. off price.

Disclaimer... This is info from Last Seasons website ....  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Monday/Tuesday (when open)/ Wednesday/Thursday/Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday/Saturday (once night skiing begins) 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Elk has announced pricing and hours for this year.  Closed on Mon/Tues except for like Christmas week, MLK, Pres weekend, etc.  I'm not up on Elks hours previously, but night skiing looks to be only Friday and Saturday.  $795 now, $855 after November 1, and $925 after December 1.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time this thread gets bumped I keep hoping it’s about elk actually being sold.

But yeah, elk is too far out there to really attract anyone at night. Why drive to elk if blue,can, and montage are all closer (for night skiing).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Monday/Tuesday (when open)/ Wednesday/Thursday/Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday/Saturday (once night skiing begins) 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Elk has announced pricing and hours for this year.  Closed on Mon/Tues except for like Christmas week, MLK, Pres weekend, etc.  I'm not up on Elks hours previously, but night skiing looks to be only Friday and Saturday.  $795 now, $855 after November 1, and $925 after December 1.  

At those prices I can't imagine Elk sells a season pass to anyone other than those who own real estate within 30 minutes of there. Insane that they ask more for an Elk pass than Vail asks for a pass to almost 50 ski areas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

At those prices I can't imagine Elk sells a season pass to anyone other than those who own real estate within 30 minutes of there. Insane that they ask more for an Elk pass than Vail asks for a pass to almost 50 ski areas.

Vail also has revenue from 50 resorts that allows them to sell a pass for that amount, elk does not. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

At those prices I can't imagine Elk sells a season pass to anyone other than those who own real estate within 30 minutes of there. Insane that they ask more for an Elk pass than Vail asks for a pass to almost 50 ski areas.

Wow @rummy how much did you pay for your season pass?  Maybe they sell a lot of passes to Scranton folks who think driving to Vermont is worth the drive. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...