Sunday 12/13...spring skiing.

Mixilplix

They might rush to open the 6 because it would allow them to sell more tickets. Or they could be content to do two weekends of limited operations to make sure things are going well with the new situation before expanding. Or they could do a completely different thing all together, but what do I know? I'm just a dude who slides down hills and drinks beer. 

15 minutes ago, Schif said:

They might rush to open the 6 because it would allow them to sell more tickets. Or they could be content to do two weekends of limited operations to make sure things are going well with the new situation before expanding. Or they could do a completely different thing all together, but what do I know? I'm just a dude who slides down hills and drinks beer. 

i'd bet all available firepower goes to tubing, at the expense of the quad/six if necessary. tubing lifts are already socially distant spacing, no need to do advanced calculus to figure out how to load them efficiently.

• Like 1

Everything about yesterday felt good...waking up at 5:30, driving up in the dark, my ritual of Whitehall wawa, booting up in the lot, finally hitting the slopes after 9 months (longest I’ve gone in betweeen snowboarding since 8th grade I think), riding down multiple T2Bs on opening day, and seeing my fellow PASRs.

props to blue for putting in the work to open this past weekend! Salute to the PASRs for being legit as ever...glad to see y’all again

now I will spend the next 2-3 days anxiety ridden over this potential storm:

1. Will I be shoveling the driveway at 3-4 am Thursday to make sure I can get to blue? (the snowblower died during the Jan 2016 blizzard 

2. Will I drive to the Poconos and realize I have no chance of making past say Lehigh valley exit?

3. Will I park at BMDI and walk/hitchhike?

only time will tell...

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

1. Will I be shoveling the driveway at 3-4 am Thursday to make sure I can get to blue? (the snowblower died during the Jan 2016 blizzard 

2. Will I drive to the Poconos and realize I have no chance of making past say Lehigh valley exit?

My Sonic would never make it :(

1 hour ago, Schif said:

This was my thinking all weekend long. Get the 6 open. Until this.  

1 hour ago, Justo8484 said:

i'd bet all available firepower goes to tubing, at the expense of the quad/six if necessary. tubing lifts are already socially distant spacing, no need to do advanced calculus to figure out how to load them efficiently.

I would agree, i have no idea if they can put more guns on it than they have, but tubing is popular with the truly talentless, and probably fairly profitable.

i will go with tubing, and just getting the six open, even with just a path down tuts and whatever its called lower park next to the six. Dont know if anybody noticed, but it looked like there was no snow on the bottom of lazy, but there was snow at the intersection of main/lazy/shuttle or whatever its called. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, saltyant said:

My Sonic would never make it :(

By Thursday morning the plows will make several runs.  Salty maybe you can get some chains for your sonic.  Im planning on Thursday morning. As much as I’d love to do a rider of the storm thing Wednesday PM..driving home during the height of the storm and possible blizzard conditions with basically one run I can enjoy in perd seems a bit much. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

By Thursday morning the plows will make several runs.  Salty maybe you can get some chains for your sonic.  Im planning on Thursday morning. As much as I’d love to do a rider of the storm thing Wednesday PM..driving home during the height of the storm and possible blizzard conditions with basically one run I can enjoy in perd seems a bit much. 

Supposed to be pretty windy too. Drifting will be hard to keep roads open up this way. I’m trying to get there Thursday morning as well, but all depends on the storm. 

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m just happy to be skiing I don’t have the powder panic just yet. 

Yeah same here. It would only be one run anyway with how little is open. Unless you get creative off trail but there is no base. Lets hope this storm actually happens, builds a base that doesn't melt away, and more storms come. 

Today's snow is a nice teaser. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

Yeah same here. It would only be one run anyway with how little is open. Unless you get creative off trail but there is no base. Lets hope this storm actually happens, builds a base that doesn't melt away, and more storms come. 

It’s sticking in the A

Just now, toast21602 said:

Normally i would be making up a whole bunch of lies for why i cant come to work on Thursday, but its a risk/reward type thing.  not enough open yet, and Burma with not so much pitch, and fresh snow might make for a bad day honestly.  

2 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Everything about yesterday felt good...waking up at 5:30, driving up in the dark, my ritual of Whitehall wawa, booting up in the lot, finally hitting the slopes after 9 months (longest I’ve gone in betweeen snowboarding since 8th grade I think), riding down multiple T2Bs on opening day, and seeing my fellow PASRs.

props to blue for putting in the work to open this past weekend! Salute to the PASRs for being legit as ever...glad to see y’all again

now I will spend the next 2-3 days anxiety ridden over this potential storm:

only time will tell...

It was nice riding with you yesterday brotha.

Me and TP got a dozen in by 10:30. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

yup but definitely won't be there for opening. hoping to be on snow by 1030 or so. curious to see what midweek daytime crowds look like this year.

I’m not expecting liftlines of any significance this season due to the limited amount of tickets they’re selling.  I think they might end up operating both the quad and six pack on weekdays which will be a major improvement...

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich