'Dacks Trip Thread...2021!!!

saltyant

[mention=264]RidgeRacer[/mention] Hungry Trout Resort is great!! Better than the Cobble Mountain (though I like that a lot too). I love the restaurant next door so I didnt even have to drive anywhere after post ski SUJOPO.
20210205_182112.thumb.jpg.81e69755908776513e1f7efb707ba09a.jpg

Hungry trout reminds me of being in a twin peaks episode.

Also the river view from the restaurant is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

@saltyant this is from the closing ceremonies of the 1980 Olympic Games that were held at Lake Placid.  My two ski trips to Whiteface the Olympic mountain were in 1994 and 1997 and my high school ski club stayed at the comfort inn in Plattsburgh both times. It was pretty nice..there was a pool with a water slide and they had a jacuzzi and racquetball courts as well..had to stay four to a room which is the suck...you can definitely hammer out a lot of vert there I had 35-40k vert a day there and that’s before the had the gondola and it was like be back on the bus at like 4 or 430 skied a full 7+ hour day..I ate at the mid mountain lodge..since we took a bus booting up was indoors.     I also remember wearing my ski clothes the entire drive back..that’s not recommended. Nice to change into street clothes before a 6 hour drive as opposed to wearing ski pants long johns and back then I wore some thick ass socks....

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyant this is from the closing ceremonies of the 1980 Olympic Games that were held at Lake Placid.

Nice report!! I stayed in Plattsburgh one night on my way to Stowe, then took the ferry to Vermont the next day. That's pretty far from Whiteface, guess there weren't hotel options around Lake Placid??

4 to a room does suck really big time. I did that on band trips and after my first trip of having sharing a bed with a dude, I started bringing a sleeping bag and slept on the floor. One of the best parts of being an adult is having a hotel house room all to myself.

I skied open to close all 3 days with a few breaks here and there and it was grate. Didnt want to quit this afternoon 

Wearing ski clothes on a 7 hour drive back would suck, I'd probably be so frickin' hot. Hell I was getting toasty on the runs today and yesterday and was more hot than I was cold most of the time 

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sorry forgot to post he link. Had too much vape 

That was grate! Here's Harti Weirather going down the mountain. I have no idea what specific runs he was on in this video. 

At 1:08 he hit 84 mph, almost as fast as @AtomicSkier but Atomic probably didn't have radical 80's synthesizer music playing at the time.

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, saltyant said:

Opened my curtains after a restful 9 hour sleep and was treated to a nice view of Little Whiteface outside the ultra wide window at The Hungry Trout resort. I could see the gondola cars going up through my binoculars. Radical!

20210206_083836.thumb.jpg.559a90efb659e47fbda93afe2f84334b.jpg

Did you bring your own coffee mug?

• Confused 3

It's official now, I like Whiteface better than Camelback since I just replaced the trail maps. Camelback and I are through after they screwed over their non-season pass holders this year with astronomical pricing in comparison to other resorts. Plus Whiteface has a bit more vert than Camelback.

20210206_185937.thumb.jpg.27489ac62bf7eb900ab16361c29d3a9b.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Ford gives zero fucks right now.  Invoice is around $56,000 with zero rebate money lol (unless you finance at 5.99% smh)

Are they doing zero percent financing on any other models?  Atomic is probably the only one here who thinks $56k is a pretty good deal on an SUV.  TP4 does your dealership tack on marketing fees?  I’ve seen that before. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are they doing zero percent financing on any other models?  Atomic is probably the only one here who thinks $56k is a pretty good deal on an SUV.  TP4 does your dealership tack on marketing fees?  I’ve seen that before. 

0% financing is rarely worth it because you lose thousands in rebate money.  Ah yes, the good ole $394 dealer doc fee lol

28 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Ford gives zero fucks right now.  Invoice is around $56,000 with zero rebate money lol (unless you finance at 5.99% smh)

Ford finally is posting some good numbers and their stock is back up. I smell a good 2021 for them. 

Just now, saltyant said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich I wonder who the ding dong is that gave this thread a low rating??? I rated it 5 stars but it's only a 3 star thread..

No idea but it had to be a jealous hater.  Half the people here are like wow just wow I’m so jealous you got to go to whiteface or elk or Greek peak or telluride or whatever...sheesh they should just go if they want to.  Assholes 

• Boner City 1

6 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

They need to spread that wealth out this way lol. This entire year has been super dead, after a great autumn.  

What is the breakdown in term of percentage of profit that goes to the dealership vs the manufacturer? Is that exclusively based on how much a salesman can sell a car for?