'Dacks Trip Thread...2021!!!

saltyant

1 minute ago, AtomicSkier said:

I want a good deal if I have to drive all the down there.  I could hit a golf ball to Bethlehem Ford from my house.   

We finally got another ST off the truck today, and it had a nice dent on the side 😢

shipping company will be responsible but still a pain in the ass

45 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Hope not, since they used wind as the reason for yesterday and today. If it only ran weekends don't think they would blame the wind. Though it wasnt even that windy at the summit 🤷🏻‍♂️

I like riding gondolas and have taken them midweek at Killington, Stowe, Winter Park and Steamboat. Hoping to ride tomorrow 

Those areas aren’t owned by NY state which is facing a budget crisis.  I’d rather ride chairlifts. On my 60k+ day at Jackson hole in 2007 I believe I rode the gondola like 17 times.  I’ll have to check the archives to be sure. 

19 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

My Durango RT lease is up this summer. The ST is nice, if they lease well I’ll get one of them instead of another Durango.

Hopefully the factories start upping production, inventory is low all around right now unfortunately.  The ST’s are real popular so it’s tough to keep them on the lot

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

My Q5 was pretty fun in the snow the past few days. Even with lowly all season tires. Guess I should take it to the luxury small SUV thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My car is fun to drive on snow or dry roads..I have to figure out what I want next in 9 months. 

About to begin day 2 of 3 at not-Icy Face. Should be a grate day. Supposebly they have the gon-doobie running so I wont have to walk up multiple hills to get to da lifts today. Woohoo ! Got here at 7:30 to park close and eliminate some walking, chillin' in my Sonic drinking coffee JADIP ice is nice

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Explorer ST in sport mode...

The new edge St rips as well 

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Just seems too large to whip around corners and what not is it low profile?

Yes, it sits lower than the normal explorer and has “sport tuned” suspension. They handle extremely well for their size. If I’m not mistaken, I think it essentially uses the same suspension as the police package explorers. 

6 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

Looks Like the summit is still in a cloud. Hope that clears up for you. Is the Wilmington trail open?

Thanks. Did my first run from the Gondola, took approach and Woodlands or something all the way down the mountain. I love Whiteface!! It's clearing up nicely and I can see the scenery which is rad. No wilmington trail 

Thanks. Did my first run from the Gondola, took approach and Woodlands or something all the way down the mountain. I love Whiteface!! It's clearing up nicely and I can see the scenery which is rad. No wilmington trail 

Check out mountain run (next to wilderness). Doesn't appear lookout mountain is open now but keep and eye out. Ride the summit in the meantime for 3200 vert laps, see if they drop the rope on cloudspin. Same with upper empire on little WF
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Check out mountain run (next to wilderness). Doesn't appear lookout mountain is open now but keep and eye out. Ride the summit in the meantime for 3200 vert laps, see if they drop the rope on cloudspin. Same with upper empire on little WF

Thanks for the info!! Heading back up via the gondola, will check these trails out. Also I might do the summit lift because the gondola line took about 30 minutes (not a complaint directed at Whiteface, I'm sure all resorts worldwide are facing agonizingly slow gondola lines this year). 

Yesterday the crowds cleared out by the afternoon, hoping it's the same thing today if people work from home ski 90 minutes in the morning etc.

Edited by saltyant