'Dacks Trip Thread...2021!!!

saltyant

FUNNNK YEAH!! 2nd civilian gondola car and got the most muthafunkin' amazing groomed run down the mountain! Pure western groomer awesomeness! No brakes on these RTMs. And will get free refills all day this is GRATE!

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

@eaf I did my patriotic duty to try and reduce the line for the greater good, and offered a single ski patroller to sit >6 feet away from me on the wiiiiide 4 person lift; he said he couldn't but was very polite about it. So we both rode our own chairs and made everyone wait an extra 15 seconds.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, rgrwilco said:

I’m jealous. I’ve never had a bad day at whiteface. Either powder or spring conditions. Tied for favorite in the east right now with smugglers notch. Whiteface might win due to lake placid area being awesome.

Might look into doing the Notch tomorrow, though I have no idea if it gets crazy busy on a weekend. From what I understand it's off the beaten path and more people go to Stowe...?

Edit: nevermind  I just remember we live in brave new world now and crossing certain imaginary lines requires extra hoop jumping

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

@eaf I did my patriotic duty to try and reduce the line for the greater good, and offered a single ski patroller to sit >6 feet away from me on the wiiiiide 4 person lift; he said he couldn't but was very polite about it. So we both rode our own chairs and made everyone wait an extra 15 seconds.

Nice try with 15 seconds. Think of it this way. If all were riding quads by themselves instead of in pairs 'cause they feel like it, you'd be standing 20 mins in line instead of 10.

Ha, yesterday on my last way up I twice tried joining a pair on the six-pack. One said they'd let me in only if the liftie told them so. Grandma from the other one was even more resolute saying point blank they'd rather ride by themselves. Take your immunocompromised body to a nice XC trip in the woods, but don't play a selfish ass when the lines behind you are out of control!

• Boner City 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I suppose not.

I'm not as hardcore as you so just did Upper Mackenzie instead which was challenging enough for me. Empire has a lot of thin cover and I didn't want to scratch my RTMs

This is very thoughtful! Perhaps like @GrilledSteezeSandwich you'll pass your legendary skis to another PASR member at the closing ceremony this year!

• Boner City 1

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Might look into doing the Notch tomorrow, though I have no idea if it gets crazy busy on a weekend. From what I understand it's off the beaten path and more people go to Stowe...?

Edit: nevermind  I just remember we live in brave new world now and crossing certain imaginary lines requires extra hoop jumping

Smugglers notch is super crowded on weekends.  They have very limited lift capacity only doubles. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, eaf said:

Nice try with 15 seconds. Think of it this way. If all were riding quads by themselves instead of in pairs 'cause they feel like it, you'd be standing 20 mins in line instead of 10.

Ha, yesterday on my last way up I twice tried joining a pair on the six-pack. One said they'd let me in only if the liftie told them so. Grandma from the other one was even more resolute saying point blank they'd rather ride by themselves. Take your immunocompromised body to a nice XC trip in the woods, but don't play a selfish ass when the lines behind you are out of control!

You ever think people dont want to ride the lift with you for some other reason?  Just spit balling here.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

43 minutes ago, eaf said:

The lines at Blue yesterday weren’t really out of control.  I bet growing up in the USSR you had to wait way longer for a loaf of bread than for the six pack...now I have this song stuck in my Herman. The Billy Joel version is better than the Beatles version..Facts

55 minutes ago, eaf said:

Just ride the double chairs...that way when you only see one person on a chair it won't look as bad...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@eaf I have a grate idea. designate chairlifts as restaurants, then you can sit close by other people without masks! Restaurants create invisible barriers did ja know? Just dont sit in one place for 31 minutes or you might cost everyone their season

20210205_125553.thumb.jpg.b835f20a1214fb3fcb03722e17ec61b7.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Boner City 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

@eaf I have a grate idea. designate chairlifts as restaurants, then you can sit close by other people without masks! Restaurants create invisible barriers did ja know? Just dont sit in one place for 31 minutes or you might cost everyone their season

20210205_125553.thumb.jpg.b835f20a1214fb3fcb03722e17ec61b7.jpg

my understanding was that time limits give more people access to sit down and eat, not because you magically get sick at the 31 minute mark, regardless of what that sign might say or imply

• Like 1