'Dacks Trip Thread...2021!!!

saltyant

Just now, saltyant said:

That's a bit of a bummer that the gondola is closed. I was hoping to ride that most of the day since I think the rest of the lifts are super slow (other than the mid mountain). Regardless itll be a grate day !

I hope you charged your jitterbug so you can get some good pictures.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

That's a bit of a bummer that the gondola is closed. I was hoping to ride that most of the day since I think the rest of the lifts are super slow (other than the mid mountain). Regardless itll be a grate day !

When I last skied there in 1997 there was no gondola and I mainly skied the little whiteface chair and the summit lifts and their lifts are slow but direct. 

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Gondola closed sucks. Salty just drive home tomorrow. Not worth it.

They were complaining about that on Facebook I guess like a lot of ski resorts they are short staffed this season. I almost left Blue yesterday because the six pack wasn’t running Bahahaha 

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

He always finds the Perder on trips. 

Correct. This is my 5th ski trip and I've gotten the Perder on each trip. So much so that I've come to expect it.

Killington (2017) - I was a gaper and stayed at the hotel all day while it was snowing because my Sonic's tires sucked ass.  Yeah, it was ridiculous in hindsight and but now my new tires can handle anything.

Stowe (2018) - Got perder my first day when I had to walk up the steep hill. Ended up doing a gaper trail anyway (Toll Road) first run 'cause I had no idea what I was doing. Met up with Moe Ghoul one day and we skied some ungroomed. Also got yet another pow day and ended up skiing mostly groomers all day 💁‍♂️ Was 3rd in line and got 6th chair due to RFID card SNAFU, and then skied a tiny segment of perder. 

Winter Park (2019) - First true perder day and got Free Refills on the back bowls. Best. Day. Ever.

Steamboat (2020) - Skied fresh Purd on day 1 with Enjoralas and Pops, then got dumped on another day later in the week and paid $50 for First Trąx. Epic!

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Boner City 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They were complaining about that on Facebook I guess like a lot of ski resorts they are short staffed this season. I almost left Blue yesterday because the six pack wasn’t running Bahahaha 

Whiteface is blaming a little wind for shutting down a Gond-Ola. Not cool!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Correct. This is my 5th ski trip and I've gotten the Perder on each trip. So much so that I've come to expect it.

Killington (2017) - I was a gaper and stayed at the hotel all day while it was snowing because my Sonic's tires sucked ass.  Yeah, it was ridiculous in hindsight and but now my new tires can handle anything.

Stowe (2018) - Got perder my first day when I had to walk up the steep hill. Ended up doing a gaper trail anyway (Toll Road) first run 'cause I had no idea what I was doing. Met up with Moe Ghoul one day and we skied some ungroomed. Also got yet another pow day and ended up skiing mostly groomers all day 💁‍♂️ Was 3rd in line and got 6th chair due to RFID card SNAFU, and then skied a tiny segment of perder. 

Winter Park (2019) - First true perder day and got Free Refills on the back bowls. Best. Day. Ever.

Steamboat (2020) - Skied fresh Purd on day 1 with Enjoralas and Pops, then got dumped on another day later in the week and paid $50 for First Trąx. Epic!

That’s the shit I do like!!!!  Ski trips are grate. My first overnight ski trip was in 1993 with my dad to windham and I ate sausage pizza with root beer and no powder.  Stayed at the windham arms.  I could go through every ski trip I’ve been on since then but I’ll save that for another time.  It’s awesome going on ski trips that’s why it’s been so fun having various PASRs visit Jackson hole with me.  I even met VTMark in Stowe the one year...enjoy. These are the best of times!!!  And don’t check your work email. I made that mistake an hour ago. 

• Boner City 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Here we go. You know what's not cool? Running the damn thing when it's unsafe. That gondola is no joke. Stop complaining.

I'm just glad to not be working and away from McAdoo. How do you stay entertained during 17 minute lift rides? I have ADHD.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Eventually I made it and just ordered flounder at the Chinese restaurant

dude. bathroom trip report in 3... 2... 1...

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s the shit I do like!!!!  Ski trips are grate. My first overnight ski trip was in 1993 with my dad to windham and I ate sausage pizza with root beer and no powder.  Stayed at the windham arms.  I could go through every ski trip I’ve been on since then but I’ll save that for another time.  It’s awesome going on ski trips that’s why it’s been so fun having various PASRs visit Jackson hole with me.  I even met VTMark in Stowe the one year...enjoy. These are the best of times!!!  And don’t check your work email. I made that mistake an hour ago. 

I support you creating a thread with the chronological history of every ski trip you've ever been on, just to see the sheer rain man factor of it all. I definitely have a few fond memories from each trip i've been on, but i definitely do not remember what I had for dinner on the first trip I went on. Well, now that I think of it, I think we got mcdonalds at some point cause it was right next to the hotel we stayed at in Rutland... carry on.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm just glad to not be working and away from McAdoo. How do you stay entertained during 17 minute lift rides? I have ADHD.

I think the little whiteface lift is 13 minutes long be after the mid station if you look to the left you get a grate few.  I think most people have ADHD...if you ever get prescribed addarall bring some to verbier for Matt Edge...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Here we go. You know what's not cool? Running the damn thing when it's unsafe. That gondola is no joke. Stop complaining.

It’s my fault my foreshadowing told me that Salty would complain about the gondola not operating tomorrow so I tried to soften the blow. Wind holds are real everywhere in Ny and New England 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s my fault my foreshadowing told me that Salty would complain about the gondola not operating tomorrow so I tried to soften the blow. Wind holds are real everywhere in Ny and New England 

It'll still be grate. I had a lot of fun at Loveland and their lifts are slow as snails. 

Plus maybe the Gondyla will open on Thurs & Fri.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

It'll still be grate. I had a lot of fun at Loveland and their lifts are slow as snails. 

Loveland is so fun! Lifts are slow but 🤷🏼‍♀️ I love the local vibes. Here’s a perder day pic from 2008 when I was snowboarding

the hoots and hollers are real there

8B256215-15D1-4F1D-907A-2BEA594373DD.jpeg.ffa714300e95cadc0c1ba699a17d446f.jpeg

snowboarding in my first powder experience

FA3BD68F-8D15-4574-A82A-00BBDDFAE569.jpeg.ba3272f8fb50a4c605879219f70cfabf.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, skiincy said:

Loveland is so fun! Lifts are slow but 🤷🏼‍♀️ I love the local vibes. Here’s a perder day pic from 2008 when I was snowboarding

the hoots and hollers are real there

8B256215-15D1-4F1D-907A-2BEA594373DD.jpeg.ffa714300e95cadc0c1ba699a17d446f.jpeg

snowboarding in my first powder experience

FA3BD68F-8D15-4574-A82A-00BBDDFAE569.jpeg.ba3272f8fb50a4c605879219f70cfabf.jpeg

Loveland 2018 Perder. Almost every one of my April skifaris in Colorado I get pow days. That year I had four in a row..Abasin, copper, Abasin and Loveland and you used to snowboard..wow just wow. 

254FE131-0307-454D-B3B9-8E23DE96477B.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Tire pressure and check engine light. Seems smart to drive a few hundred miles each way with those lights on...or are those lights a car manufacturer scam to get people to bring their car in so they can make money?

Well I made it here so 🤷‍♂️

I might cover those lights with duct tape since they're too distracting

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty is your tire pressure low?  That is one fancy display panel. How much did it snow overnight?

Correct. One tire always goes low and makes the dumb light go on. It is quite fancy

Got maybe 1 inch over night but the hotel clerk says we're getting 4 to 8 today. Woo hoo! I might get the goods since I missed out on Blue Mountain boner city land

• Like 3