'Dacks Trip Thread...2021!!!

saltyant

3 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

So?...Your trip threads have like 6 different sub threads....Is all that really necessary?

6? I think only this one and Zonked's Whiteface thread... I mean if the mod squad deletes this thread then I guess I'll go back to Zonked's thread. They already deleted half of my tags

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GSSucks said:

Can we change the title of this thread? I got real excited that this was going to be a legit thread about someone actually skiing in the Dacks, not about Whiteface

I might post about skiing blue square groomers and you can give me a lot of likes or maybe even a boner city

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

He’s on his way and whiteface has received a foot of fresh and more coming down...woo woo woo

i wish that mtn got fresh snow more frequently. awesome terrain, but just sucks when it's all icy (which is like always).....

59 minutes ago, guitar73 said:

i wish that mtn got fresh snow more frequently. awesome terrain, but just sucks when it's all icy (which is like always).....

The funny thing is the first time I skied at whiteface there was 6-8” of fresh and very little winds.  Salty is getting it perfectly.  He always finds the Perder on trips.  Good thing he has RTMs

• Like 2
  • Boner City 1

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty is about halfway there..but I don’t think he’s living on a prayer!!!   

Correct. WJW you must be tracking me.

Stopped for a Roy Roger's chicken sandwich (grate) and to make pee. Roads are swell. Very excite!

20210202_150024.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Awesome thanks for checking in. Wasn’t I right about the roads??

You're welcome and any time! You were mostly right about the Interstates. The worst segments were I-84 in the Poke-n-Hoes, and I-87 north of Albany. Then the last root from the interstate to Lake Placid was entirely snow covered and the approx 20 mile drive felt like 2 hours. Sonic handled exceptionally well on my no season tires. Eventually I made it and just ordered flounder at the Chinese restaurant

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

You're welcome and any time! You were mostly right about the Interstates. The worst segments were I-84 in the Poke-n-Hoes, and I-87 north of Albany. Then the last root from the interstate to Lake Placid was entirely snow covered and the approx 20 mile drive felt like 2 hours. Sonic handled exceptionally well on my no season tires. Eventually I made it and just ordered flounder at the Chinese restaurant

Just flounder and white rice?  I hope you don’t flounder in the powder Bahahaha 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty you are in for some sweet Perder tomorrow at Whiteface as the little white face lift and summit lifts were closed today and on windhold..sadly the gondola isn’t open tomorrow but the little whiteface lift takes you to the same spot. Have a blast!!

That's a bit of a bummer that the gondola is closed. I was hoping to ride that most of the day since I think the rest of the lifts are super slow (other than the mid mountain). Regardless itll be a grate day !

• Like 1