'Dacks Trip Thread...2021!!!

saltyant

4 minutes ago, guitar73 said:

nope, but i read the TR's throughout the year and they support that notion.

I believe it’s because it’s a very windy place. I only have four ski days there so can’t say with certainty if it’s true.  In a normal year they receive far less snow than their north Vermont neighbors but this winter they’ve been getting lots of snow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

Why?  CEL is all emissions related, no?  Car will still work fine.

Most CEL's are for emissions, but it is likely monitoring for misfires, oil pressure, etc, but my knowledge of the Chevy Shitsonic are limited, and since its a budget car, it may just do the minimum the government calls for as far as emissions.  

I can tell you when a CEL comes on in a newer Mack truck, it will at some point derate the engine and pretty much render it useless.  I take those very seriously.  

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Most CEL's are for emissions, but it is likely monitoring for misfires, oil pressure, etc, but my knowledge of the Chevy Shitsonic are limited, and since its a budget car, it may just do the minimum the government calls for as far as emissions.  

I can tell you when a CEL comes on in a newer Mack truck, it will at some point derate the engine and pretty much render it useless.  I take those very seriously.  

Even if it's emissions, he may be burning his CATs right now and will end up with multi-K replacement costs, all because he didn't care to replace some oxygen sensor in time.

6 minutes ago, eaf said:

Even if it's emissions, he may be burning his CATs right now and will end up with multi-K replacement costs, all because he didn't care to replace some oxygen sensor in time.

I'm impressed @eaf ... not only are you an expert on lift capacity maximization, you also know something about cars!

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1
  • Haha 2

I  have maybe 15-20 ish days (gss?) at the face from mid feb through march over the years and have had way more good ones than bad/icy although some were cold as fucking fuck 

still have yet to ski the slides though - almost a few years back but they didnt open until the day after we left. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

I  have maybe 15-20 ish days (gss?) at the face from mid feb through march over the years and have had way more good ones than bad/icy although some were cold as fucking fuck 

still have yet to ski the slides though - almost a few years back but they didnt open until the day after we left. 

up until this point i thought you were the one guy that has skied the slides.  I swear i remember a TR years back where you and Nico skied them.  

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

The lift situation has improved now that they opened the quad. I was about to go in the lodge and drink hot cocoa for the rest of the day 

The midstation cam is epic. FIVE quad chairs in a row with a single rider.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

nope, we were tee'd up to a few years back thanks to J-Law and it everything was looking good. We kept lapping the summit chair but they never opened  'em. it was more of a SkiPo staffing issue than conditions if I recall.

maybe thinking of our first tuckerman trip - damn need to do that again

how do I get rid of this image lol (ok boomer)

image.png

Edited by mbike-ski
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, eaf said:

The midstation cam is epic. FIVE quad chairs in a row with a single rider.

I almost lost my cool earlier. After long ass line a single  refused to pair up with me on the quad and I yelled "I GUESS I HAVE LEOPRASY"

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

nope, we were tee'd up to a few years back thanks to J-Law and it everything was looking good. We kept lapping the summit chair but they never opened  'em. it was more of a SkiPo staffing issue than conditions if I recall.

image.png

Damn.  that takes skill.  Nice work.  

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, eaf said:

His car isn’t worth multi K so if that happened he’d just buy another $11,000 slightly used Sonic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

image.png

Wow just wow do you need Nastar Glenn’s son Phillip to teach you how to do attachments lolerskates

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

His car isn’t worth multi K so if that happened he’d just buy another $11,000 slightly used Sonic

It's discontinued, so he really should baby this very unique specimen that he was lucky to get his hands on.