'Dacks Trip Thread...2021!!!

saltyant

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m sure he can find a low mileage 2015. Eaf what kind of car do you drive?  

Let's not steal Salty's thunder here. I keep on hitting F5 just to see more pics of WF, but he apparently prefers to keep torturing his loyal subscribers!

• Boner City 1

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

Honestly I was stoked for salty to ski one of my favorite places of all time... but with all this negativity about lines and whatever I'm tapping out of this thread. Have fun salty.

You’ll be back...what’s your beef with salty.  I don’t get it.  The difference between you and salty is he has a much thicker skin. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Loveland 2018 Perder. Almost every one of my April skifaris in Colorado I get pow days. That year I had four in a row..Abasin, copper, Abasin and Loveland and you used to snowboard..wow just wow. 

Sweet powder pic! I love the March/April storms in Colorado. 

You wrote out "wow just wow". Why not use WJW? ;)

I snowboarded for a solid 2 years. I'm okay at boarding but I'm pretty mediocre. Might challenge myself with it when I eventually get a Bleu pass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, skiincy said:

Sweet powder pic! I love the March/April storms in Colorado. 

You wrote out "wow just wow". Why not use WJW? ;)

I snowboarded for a solid 2 years. I'm okay at boarding but I'm pretty mediocre. Might challenge myself with it when I eventually get a Bleu pass.

I’ve never been big on abbreviation except for JADIP just another day in paradise.  I’ve never snowboarded but I have tooled around on a longboard before..my toeside turns are fine heelside is sketch.  

40 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Honestly I was stoked for salty to ski one of my favorite places of all time... but with all this negativity about lines and whatever I'm tapping out of this thread. Have fun salty.

Ok thanks. I was irate this morning when they weren't running any lifts and there were 75 people in line for lifts to Blue squares. Now I'm good since they starting running the Face Lift. I know you love the place but come on, you'd be mad too. Mostly everyone here was bitching about it.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Ok thanks. I was irate this morning when they weren't running any lifts and there were 75 people in line for lifts to Blue squares. Now I'm good since they starting running the Face Lift. I know you love the place but come on, you'd be mad too. Mostly everyone here was bitching about it.

Have you skied Parons run or Escelsier(so.?)?? 

1 hour ago, eaf said:

Let's not steal Salty's thunder here. I keep on hitting F5 just to see more pics of WF, but he apparently prefers to keep torturing his loyal subscribers!

I'll post pics tonight, cant find wifi. It's grate! Conditions are rad and the terrain is awesom-o. They got the lift situation fixed so I'm happy now. I just thought it was gonna be like that all day long and if it was i was going back to the hotel house

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mbike-ski said:

nope, we were tee'd up to a few years back thanks to J-Law and it everything was looking good. We kept lapping the summit chair but they never opened  'em. it was more of a SkiPo staffing issue than conditions if I recall.

maybe thinking of our first tuckerman trip - damn need to do that again

how do I get rid of this image lol (ok boomer)

And no, thats not the TR i was thinking of.  I swear it was you.  would have bet money on it.  

Has anybody else here skied the slides?

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You haven’t mentioned if there was any fresh perder. 

Nope, but plenty of gnarly ungroomed terrain with various sizes of moe ghouls.

@RidgeRacer will be happy to know that I have no complaints about ice as there isn't much at all, but the showers at the hotel are unnecessarily small

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Boner City 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I thought you like riding the lift alone.  

I do and will likely ride alone the whole time here which is nice. But after dilly dallying around for 1.5 hours and skiing the easiest of greens just to ski and not stand in line, I just wanted to get on the damn lift and didnt care

Edited by saltyant

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Nope, but plenty of gnarly ungroomed terrain with various sizes of moe ghouls.

@RidgeRacer will be happy to know that I have no complaints about ice as there isn't much at all, but the showers at the hotel are unnecessarily small

oh, make sure to check out the cottage (down by mirror lake inn) for dinner. cozy little place with bangin' food. also, smoke signals and lake placid pub & brewery are a must.

• Thanks 1