3/16/21...Razors was so good..empty

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. In the house was Atomic Jeff, C1 and Bethlehem Ford Guy.  Temperatures were around 30 under overcast sky’s and they blue snow on a good percentage of open terrain overnight. I began on Razors and the new manmade was groomed in perfectly and I can describe the snow best as styrofoamy..not dry chalk but also not sticky icky. 

Me and Atomic Jeff continued to lap Razors and I think we saw four people on the run in the first six runs.  The six pack is still down but luckily crowds were sparse enough that at most there was only a several chair wait for the quad.  Managed 7 runs on Razors in the first hour and ended up with 9 total by 920am.  Was much better skiing than expected..I figured the snow would be mediocre and lines would get long fast and I was wrong and wrong. JADIP

BC9BC4DD-A450-463F-8C25-5C9E060FF389.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Boner City 1

Feeling the love today after yesterday. . Chemically stripped the warm wax off my skis, fibertexed the bases, rewaxed, and touched up the bases. 9 great runs down Razors. Paradise and Sidewinder were good too. Switchback OK, but lower Main Street pretty icy. Challenge was good, but started getting skied off. Falls was a little icy. No crowds to speak of. Got pretty quiet around 11.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mute1080 said:

6-745 mostly on the slow trails with the fam. Empty and the snow was grippy and pretty good. Super light rain with lower 30s temp wasn’t bad. The ice cave on Nightmare is coming along nicely and looks like we should be able to ski through it this weekend.

9427CB7C-0800-461A-8595-EE9871801778.jpeg

Would be sweet if this guy is living in there:

Top 30 Matterhorn Bobsleds GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Benm said:

posted at 11:45. nothing like letting people know before they open.

par for the course though, nothings timely, just like the conditions report yesterday that never even made it to the site. 

I’m mentally preparing to wake up tomorrow and see no updates on the website or Facebook, then show up tomorrow morning at Blue and see the lifts not spinning, then check Facebook and see the “closed” post at 9:04am

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, theprogram4 said:

I’m mentally preparing to wake up tomorrow and see no updates on the website or Facebook, then show up tomorrow morning at Blue and see the lifts not spinning, then check Facebook and see the “closed” post at 9:04am

Oh Lordy I’m hoping the rain holds off a little. Hope is what Obama brought us. 

Just now, theprogram4 said:

I hope not but there is a 75% chance that will happen. 

• Like 2

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

TP4 I remember when you sometimes went night skiing on Thursdays. 

I told Jeff earlier this year my off day switch from Wednesday to Thursdays about 4-5 seasons ago has been good to me weather wise.  I miss night skiing and like the ambiance of it, but can’t justify the usually trash conditions.  I rode a few night sessions last year and it was like navigating through a day care center with kids flying all over the place

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theprogram4 said:

I told Jeff earlier this year my off day switch from Wednesday to Thursdays about 4-5 seasons ago has been good to me weather wise.  I miss night skiing and like the ambiance of it, but can’t justify the usually trash conditions.  I rode a few night sessions last year and it was like navigating through a day care center with kids flying all over the place

I think this is my first season since I lived in Montana when I haven’t been night skiing.  I don’t miss the sugar and kids although there were some really good nights. 

• Like 1

Fortunately Atomic and Benm left some snow on the right side of Razors when they burned up the rest of the slope. ;-)

10 great runs before calling it a day at 11. Hard to know which line would be faster, season pass or the other lines. Seemed to be a big ski club there. Fog never totally cleared up top. No problem on the slope though.

2 minutes ago, Schif said:

Safe to say the six is still down? Did it look like they were working on it? 

can't say for sure but it looked like it was limping when i was coming towards the mtn. it was stopped by the time i walked out on the snow. didn't look to see if it was being worked on.