Jump to content

Snow Burn - April 11, 2021


skiincy
 Share

Recommended Posts

Saw that Blue is allowing uphill ski touring on April 11th. I'm pretty pumped about it.

https://www.skibluemt.com/outdoor/omt/challenge-race/

https://www.pretzelcitysports.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/21-Palmerton-Snow-Burn-Trail-Challenge-Individual-Form.pdf

 

On mobile, it shows an "earn your turns" events but the desktop version doesn't show it. Weird.

Uphill.thumb.PNG.7b85f5c23d32013a6c155fa39d1b391f.PNG

 

Is anyone planning to do it?

Or, is anyone else coming to tailgate in the parking lot? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, skiincy said:

per us', the Blue Mountain site is whack. Here's the better link about the "Earn Your Turns" event.

https://www.skibluemt.com/upcoming-events/spring-back-at-blue/

Yup, i expect nothing else. Cool that they're doing it, would be cooler if as a season pass holder you didn't have to pay, but such is life. Hopefully patrollers are getting that money. There's like 3 different descriptions of the event, depending on where you're looking, and the registration link as of yesterday didn't work in Chrome, but did work in Chrome Canary (the Chrome beta channel) and Safari. Again, no surprises here. I'm signed up. Couldn't care less about the run thing, but I'll be there for some uphilling with skis and a beer or two.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

 Cool that they're doing it, would be cooler if as a season pass holder you didn't have to pay, but such is life. Hopefully patrollers are getting that money. There's like 3 different descriptions of the event, depending on where you're looking, and the registration link as of yesterday didn't work in Chrome, but did work in Chrome Canary (the Chrome beta channel) and Safari. Again, no surprises here. I'm signed up. Couldn't care less about the run thing, but I'll be there for some uphilling with skis and a beer or two.

haha! totally agree.

 

I'm signed up too. i hope they realize there's interest in ski touring and possibly consider it for next year. (fingers crossed).

 

The few times I go to camelback, I only go there because of their loose uphill policy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, skiincy said:

haha! totally agree.

 

I'm signed up too. i hope they realize there's interest in ski touring and possibly consider it for next year. (fingers crossed).

 

The few times I go to camelback, I only go there because of their loose uphill policy.

Yeah, doing something similar to hunter where you're allowed to go uphill before the resort starts spinning the lifts would be cool. Even cooler if there wasn't an upcharge as long as you have a valid pass/ticket. I do miss the days of Blue's nonexistent uphill policy where ski patrol would usually just look at you very confused, or you could plead ignorance at worst.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

$30.00 to skin up for one run? Didn't see anything about the money going to charity.

I don't see anything about being limited to one run. Looks like the event is 3 hours, should be able to get at least 3 laps in pretty easily in that time.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Still more than a dollar per run Indiggio and BenM like.  I’ll be more interested how much snow is left. 

You should do it 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

I don't see anything about being limited to one run. Looks like the event is 3 hours, should be able to get at least 3 laps in pretty easily in that time.

sounds about right, I "skinned" up paradise with the fishscales a few years ago and took about 40 min. Gonna tray to make this 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow just wow..

I think you need skins? Walking up Paradise in ski boots sounds like the suck. I cant imagine that being enjoyable at all.

Edited by saltyant
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I think you need skins? Walking up Paradise in ski boots sounds like the suck. I cant imagine that being enjoyable at all.

technically.. you could do it in snowboard boots. The ratio of dirt to snow will definitely favor the dirt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...