12/12 JF

saltyant

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Jack Frost is open (e.g. this is the Jack Frost trip report thread)

Are they open right now at 746 pm on a Sunday night? No they're not. I'm willing to bet that blue is probably one of maybe two or three other ski areas on the East Coast open right now as we speak. Maybe the only one in the East Coast. Shit i wonder how many ski areas are open right now 7:46 on a Sunday night in the entire country. Can't be many

• Like 6

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

Are they open right now at 746 pm on a Sunday night? No they're not. I'm willing to bet that blue is probably one of maybe two or three other ski areas on the East Coast open right now as we speak. Maybe the only one in the East Coast. Shit i wonder how many ski areas are open right now 7:46 on a Sunday night in the entire country. Can't be many

577159780_NewBitmapImage(3).jpg.40165a0894fa3e7dd80407e218fb4d2c.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

We understand you want to make the most of your Epic pass. Stop talking shit on Blue. If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything. 

Objectively I've enjoyed the snow quality at Jack Frost substantially more than at Blue the past 2 weekends. I'm allowed to have my own opinion and this is a free speech zone. Blue is good when the other trails open up but I don't like their early season set up and probably never will.

Edited by saltyant

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Objectively I've enjoyed the snow quality at Jack Frost substantially more than at Blue the past 2 weekends. I'm allowed to have my own opinion and this is a free speech zone. Blue is good when the other trails open up but I don't like their early season set up and probably never will.

tenor-47597284.gif.e85cf0c2b93e534b44e1172046caa5e3.gif

• Love 1
  • Boner City 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, momskeeztoo said:

Maybe the snow quality is better, but the camaraderie just can’t compare to Blue. And opinions are like assholes…

FWIW I have a Blue pass too. If Blue would improve the quality of their Perd I'll ski there since Toast would miss me too much.

• Confused 2

12 hours ago, saltyant said:

I had no issue with the snow quality yesterday, shugah bumps were fun. it's just the outta control yahoos that had me a little weary

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

I had no issue with the snow quality yesterday, shugah bumps were fun. it's just the outta control yahoos that had me a little weary

I wasnt in love with conditions yesterday, but just like you said, add in people that shouldnt be on midway in the best of conditions, and its a recipe for badness.  Being able to get down Midway in these conditions makes you a better skier.  Sure, it would be easy to just go to Frost and ski the 4 flattest trails, but where is the fun in that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I wasnt in love with conditions yesterday, but just like you said, add in people that shouldnt be on midway in the best of conditions, and its a recipe for badness.  Being able to get down Midway in these conditions makes you a better skier.  Sure, it would be easy to just go to Frost and ski the 4 flattest trails, but where is the fun in that?

I was actually thinking that.  With @saltyant avoiding challenging conditions he won’t improve. 

• Thanks 1