1/7/22 - Fresh Snow

toast21602

18 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

On my way! Had to go into work this morning but it was dead, so the fam is coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're all going to love it. Enough snow to make the first turns fun, but not too much to make pile of crud. Everything was nicely chalked up - Lazy in particular. 

• Like 2

such a good morning with @toast21602  @Dirtwolf.  best day thus far for me.  First run down Free Fall was like

Ski Dance Happy Dance GIF - Ski Dance Happy Dance Im Sking - Discover &  Share GIFs

Repeated Free Fall, but it was clearly the run of choice for everyone, little bit left over for second run.  seems like everyone had their sites set on lapping that so we went over to Main and were able to grab a little fresh and make some sweet turns for a few

Slopes GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

By then everyone had sort of figured out there were other trails on the mountain besides free fall.  Crowds were moving in and the line at the quad was getting backed up, so we ran the main street chair, and then that quickly became busy.  

perfect day to play hooky from work.  

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Sick bird !!!!!! So jelly,  I'm heading up later but my daughter wanted to sled this morning which was dope but I was definitely thinking of coming soon.

Seems like PASR is full of good dad’s. ❤️

• Like 2

A couple observations about Freefall.

The East side was a fun traverse and zip in the trees and then drop to the edge of where the trail turns west. 
There was like a small half pipe with bumps next to the snowgun towers . I found a couple rocks hiding , as the season progresses that’s going to be a cool place. 
The last gun tower before the merge has a neat kicker jump with a drop off and safe spot to brake before the merge. 
Lots of loitering by the merge. 
I like the choice in fall lines, fun trail!

Unfortunately I didn’t make it up to Blue last year . My friend Paul said it was open last year after a big natural snowfall. They let it bump up and didn’t groom.

Kinda wondering what the big deal is because it’s got a new name ?

You're all going to love it. Enough snow to make the first turns fun, but not too much to make pile of crud. Everything was nicely chalked up - Lazy in particular. 

Grate description. Paradise was the best snow I had all year and got a run on CS. Small snow shower showed up around 130 but hard to tell with all the guns running. Crowds through the gates by 2 so we were out.

Quad had no one watching the iPad so it was an s show when a pass wouldn’t work. They’d eventually get the hint to step over the fence.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

A couple observations about Freefall.

The East side was a fun traverse and zip in the trees and then drop to the edge of where the trail turns west. 
There was like a small half pipe with bumps next to the snowgun towers . I found a couple rocks hiding , as the season progresses that’s going to be a cool place. 
The last gun tower before the merge has a neat kicker jump with a drop off and safe spot to brake before the merge. 
Lots of loitering by the merge. 
I like the choice in fall lines, fun trail!

Unfortunately I didn’t make it up to Blue last year . My friend Paul said it was open last year after a big natural snowfall. They let it bump up and didn’t groom.

Kinda wondering what the big deal is because it’s got a new name ?

Where did you mostly ski last season? I didn’t ski slow enough to notice all those things.  I do know freefall is about 5 GSS turns long. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Where did you mostly ski last season? I didn’t ski slow enough to notice all those things.  I do know freefall is about 5 GSS turns long. 

Tough year Mom had Covid, heart attack, Mersa, kidney stones, and septic shock. 
She’s still alive and turned 96 in November. 

Bear creek once . II actually got out BC more than lift served. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I have 95 year olds in my office all the time. Some of them still drive.  

It’s absolutely terrifying seeing some of the people still on the road.  Their CarFax reports have like 5 accidents (never their fault, just a parking lot ding that required towing)

Edited by theprogram4