JF 1/15

saltyant

Jack Frost was pretty grate today. Met up with a snowboarder who is joining me on my Breckenridge trip, and his friend. JF now has at least two black diamonds open - Challenge and River Shot. Last time I skied River Shot, I didn't realize it's named that way because you can see the river. Very cool! It's nice they got a few extra trails open since I was getting bored doing the same old trails all the time. JADIP 

Then I came home to no heat after paying the HVAC company $897.60 and I blew an absolute gasket, on par with when I got stuck in Dallas on my way to Yellowstone. Fortunately the plumber talked me through getting it to work (for now) without charging me so I'm in a better mood now.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyant was it cold enough at JF for you to wear a face mask?

The regular ski mask doesnt block the air flow between my goggles so I tried one of the black ski mask things that goes around your entire head and has a hole for your face (aka a face hole).

Unfortunately it made my goggles fog up. The wind hitting my unexposed face parts was quite unpleasant. 

Edited by saltyant

42 minutes ago, saltyant said:

The regular ski mask doesnt block the air flow between my goggles so I tried one of the black ski mask things that goes around your entire head and has a hole for your face (aka a face hole).

Unfortunately it made my goggles fog up. The wind hitting my unexposed face parts was quite unpleasant. 

Were there any liftlines?

15 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

How many times have you skied there and not realized you could see the river?! 

Before this season I only skied there once and it was after a snowstorm so I guess I didn't notice the river. Yesterday was my first time on River Shot this season.

1 hour ago, antman12 said:

I have no reason to go back to JFBB. Im sure my cousin and I will take another trip there just because we can (maybe not). But we really have no reason to.

As someone who's skied at Frost almost 200x with the vast majority of them being really really good...this is sad to hear. Frost has so much potential and Vail, I'm sure, doesn't care.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Ive had plenty of fun days at JFBB. Some of the most fun days weve had the past couple years were bluebird days where we'd hit JF for a 90 minutes then head over to BB and ride Park for a few hours. The park scene was great at BB and JF has a few fun trails both mtn withs great snowmaking. Fun days but sadly they seem to be over.

I’ve had a couple good PASR days at Jackson frost...and one night at big boulder early season I lapped the big boulder trail 44 times in one night session when there weren’t any features on it.  The one PASR day at Jack Frost around 2008-09 it was freezing cold and we even had a TTC6 sighting.  I’ll find a picture from that day later but a lot of the old school PASRs like @moe ghoul sexkitten, boblikescats, and Think Snow Greg were there.  Another PASR day was like the day after a snowstorm and there was a ton of untracked in the woods and when @phillycore jumped off the east mountain chairlift. I feel for the people stuck in those long lines today at Jackson Frost..if they would have gone to Vermont, they’d have dealt with windholds galore today. 

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ve had a couple good PASR days at Jackson frost...and one night at big boulder early season I lapped the big boulder trail 44 times in one night session when there weren’t any features on it.  The one PASR day at Jack Frost around 2008-09 it was freezing cold and we even had a TTC6 sighting.  I’ll find a picture from that day later but a lot of the old school PASRs like @moe ghoul sexkitten, boblikescats, and Think Snow Greg were there.  Another PASR day was like the day after a snowstorm and there was a ton of untracked in the woods and when @phillycore jumped off the east mountain chairlift. I feel for the people stuck in those long lines today at Jackson Frost..if they would have gone to Vermont, they’d have dealt with windholds galore today. 

• Like 1