New Lift for Blue?

billskis

9 minutes ago, Benm said:

i'm like 99% certain they will be rebranding.

not the name or anything, just color palette maybe logo.

i just went to the actual FB post instead of looking at Dan's clip.

yup

This is most likely it.  I forgot to use my sarcastic font, but i wasnt expecting anything earth shattering.  

35 minutes ago, Larchmont said:

I can imagine paid parking once they repave some of the Valley lot or, especially, if they expand the Valley lodge footprint even more and lose spaces in the convenient lots. There's corporate involved, you don't get something for nothing.

If they do paid parking I'm never skiing at Blue Mountain again!

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

1 hour ago, Larchmont said:

I can imagine paid parking once they repave some of the Valley lot or, especially, if they expand the Valley lodge footprint even more and lose spaces in the convenient lots. There's corporate involved, you don't get something for nothing.

They have the huge overflow lot in the back they rarely use and across the street. 

48 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They have the huge overflow lot in the back they rarely use and across the street. 

Yep, they're not often going to turn people away, paid parking or no. There's even the fields behind Tubing - those have been used on occasion. But fencing off one lot of paid premium parking right next to a brand new shiny six pack or a brand new hotel lodge (but they're reserved for our overnight guests!) feels exactly like what Camelback started their paid parking with.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Larchmont said:

Yep, they're not often going to turn people away, paid parking or no. There's even the fields behind Tubing - those have been used on occasion. But fencing off one lot of paid premium parking right next to a brand new shiny six pack or a brand new hotel lodge (but they're reserved for our overnight guests!) feels exactly like what Camelback started their paid parking with.

Where do you think the hotel lodge will go?  I’m still waiting to buy my condo at the Vista lodge.  

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I remember that, you two have a lot in common…you both breath oxygen and both ski.  Also both coffee drinkers. 

Maybe this Gaper day PA Ridge will let me drive his Ridgemobile around the freshly paved lower parking lot of Blue Mountain and make lots of donuts and burnout rubber marks.

Screenshot_20221004-174612-688.thumb.png.5e9b3e351e31af12b06c92455fb3c98c.png

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

There are a bunch of operational and logistical and political reasons to build the big lodge in the valley, and there's just about only two reasons to build it at the summit - the view, and Slopeside.

Now, if Blue gets froggy about more on-prem lodging, I could absolutely imagine a tiny home "community" or a much smaller lodging facility springing up in the "water park" area where the old summit entrance was.

32 minutes ago, Larchmont said:

There are a bunch of operational and logistical and political reasons to build the big lodge in the valley, and there's just about only two reasons to build it at the summit - the view, and Slopeside.

Now, if Blue gets froggy about more on-prem lodging, I could absolutely imagine a tiny home "community" or a much smaller lodging facility springing up in the "water park" area where the old summit entrance was.

They need ski in ski out lodging. That’s not gonna be the case in the water park area.  Maybe they should build a water park in the water park area. 

• Boner City 1