Jump to content

New Lift for Blue?


billskis
 Share

Recommended Posts

Its definitely going to be an interesting start to the season if the summit safari super six pack supreme is delayed in opening.  Everyone (including myself) is putting a lot of faith in Blue Mountain for completing the lift on time, and it working properly right out of the box.  

At this point though, i am ready for skiing on whatever, riding what ever lift.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Is it just me, or does it look like the busted out the wall of that shack today?

 

image.png.4174da209633f047f4dd1ca42eabb78c.png

if you look at the cam now, its pretty obvious the wall is not busted out.  i think they were doing stucco on it.  i do agree that photo looks funny, but i think its just lighting and shadows that give it that look.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Schif said:

There are only 41 working days until Root Friday. They should start filming the daily push to the finish for a new A&E reality show. 

theres 41 days, but 24 hrs in a day, we still have more than 12 hrs of daylight.  which, whenever i look at the Valley cam, theres never much going on before 7, and after 3.  But i will give them the benefit of the doubt being a contractor, and go with "they know what they are doing."  Maybe right now with concrete curing, there isnt much to do until they can start setting stuff.  Curious as to what the top looks like.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, enjoralas said:

There’s something there besides the scaffolding. The scaffolding is in front of the framed out bit. I just thought it looked like a bigger hole behind the framing than the door that was already there.

It looked like they were roofing it too, or siding. They were whipping around strips of something that looked like shingles or vinyl siding.

Looks like they're applying stucco to the concrete blocks of the little building this morning and hand-digging something into the large black container?? Don't they believe in machinery?  No wonder it's taking forever to build the lift.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

theres 41 days, but 24 hrs in a day, we still have more than 12 hrs of daylight.  which, whenever i look at the Valley cam, theres never much going on before 7, and after 3.  But i will give them the benefit of the doubt being a contractor, and go with "they know what they are doing."  Maybe right now with concrete curing, there isnt much to do until they can start setting stuff.  Curious as to what the top looks like.  

I thought the same thing about nothing being done.  Seems like they bail around 3pm and hardly anything being done during the day??   Holding out hope that it's just the wait on the concrete to cure.

I did see some pics of the lower tower footer concrete poured, so there is that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 years ago when they replaced the challenge double with the Challenge express, there was little speculation and arm chair quarterbacking.  The 05-06 season ended and there was no six pack and the 06-07 season began and there was a six pack.  My guess is they’re waiting for the chairs from the manufacturer.  Due to the supply chain things are slower.  I’m sure somebody from Blues engineering department is calling the manufacturer for updates and they give the typical 2 week response.  I do that…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

 

16 years ago when they replaced the challenge double with the Challenge express, there was little speculation and arm chair quarterbacking.  The 05-06 season ended and there was no six pack and the 06-07 season began and there was a six pack.  My guess is they’re waiting for the chairs from the manufacturer.  Due to the supply chain things are slower.  I’m sure somebody from Blues engineering department is calling the manufacturer for updates and they give the typical 2 week response.  I do that…

2006 was the greatest year in PASR history, and I remember almost nothing on here about the 6 pack being installed.  I’m sure a search would show posts from back then about it, but I recall little fanfare 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Why did they build a lift shack w/o a big window?

Why is the waffle hut only open on Saturdays, that have an even numbered day of the month, from 1pm-1:30? 

 

Its Blue Mountain.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

2006 was the greatest year in PASR history, and I remember almost nothing on here about the 6 pack being installed.  I’m sure a search would show posts from back then about it, but I recall little fanfare 

There was no fanfare, when the new brochure came out around this time of year, it announced that Blue had a new lift and the trail map had been modified.  That was back when they opened at 730am on weekends and before Rays grill on skis. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Why is the waffle hut only open on Saturdays, that have an even numbered day of the month, from 1pm-1:30? 

 

Its Blue Mountain.  

Hahaha I remember about 11-12 years ago before they had the RFID scanners they had a coffee shack next to ski check and and where you’d get scanned in to enter the snow and I never once saw it open while waiting to get on the snow and this is after they changed the opening to 8am. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, mikes781 said:

The window is going to be in the opposite side right?   It seems thats where the footers are for the terminal.

i think @Benm posted pictures from both sides ... no windows?  Unless this is just storage and they're going to use a prefab'd control room that a lot of modern lifts use?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

This part has me a little concerned....

Plus...Doesn't the state still need to come out, inspect and approve as well before they can let the public ride it? That's the part that worries me. The word "quickly" and the state of Pennsylvania do not typically don't go in the same sentence. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...