12/20/22…excellent in spots..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived in the lower lot around 8:37 and it was in the upper 20s with moderate winds and partly sunny sky’s.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, Dirtwolf, Johnny law, Jimmy, Oz, Bethlehem Ford guy and Rodney.  

There were a solid amount of people in the house.  I also think more people are parking at the bottom and the south lot is still closed.  Managed first civilian quad even though I was second row at the gates.  Coming soon was a treat..very nice groomed snow and good lighting.  Lower paradise had some slick uneven areas and wasn’t that good.  Skied that three times until it got crowded then did midway to main street four times.  Midway was ok, a little loose chop and lower main street was a western groomer.  So good and empty since it’s a lot of work to get over there as you still have to traverse over to vista.

I’ll be back tomorrow at opening.  

JADIP 

292D28F2-18B9-4B30-A445-020CB705816F.jpeg

• Like 6

I slept through my alarm so I got there as the first chair group was pulling out.  With excellent beta I didn't fuck around and took one run down lazy to warm up and then the next 8 down Main. To my last run around 1230 it was a perfect carpet and with one exception totally empty.  

It's soooooo nice to let the dogs really run and I really like the spot where midway falls over to main, far right entrance, early over and power down straight down the fall line hugging the left side of main it's like you've gone plaid. 

I think this was posted before maybe but who is on the sticker the pontoon van has on the back ? 

20221220_121053.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I slept through my alarm so I got there as the first chair group was pulling out.  With excellent beta I didn't fuck around and took one run down lazy to warm up and then the next 8 down Main. To my last run around 1230 it was a perfect carpet and with one exception totally empty.  

It's soooooo nice to let the dogs really run and I really like the spot where midway falls over to main, far right entrance, early over and power down straight down the fall line hugging the left side of main it's like you've gone plaid. 

I think this was posted before maybe but who is on the sticker the pontoon van has on the back ? 

20221220_121053.jpg

Freddy mercury?

14 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

20221220_121053.jpg

Looks like Keith Hernandez.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

20221220_121053.jpg

JLaw, what do you call the guy who has the silver full face helmet?  He’s some sort of space cowboy so I’m gonna call him Maurice even though his name is probably something generic like Steve miller.  

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

JLaw, what do you call the guy who has the silver full face helmet?  He’s some sort of space cowboy so I’m gonna call him Maurice even though his name is probably something generic like Steve miller.  

I think his name is greg but I normally call him Jskis guy or Darth Vader but he actually looks most like the Cylons from Battlestar Galatica. I haven't seen him yet this year but razors isn't open yet and that's his favorite. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Arrived at 630 to find out I forgot my kids coat and pass. Luckily family lives near by and had a coat. Went in for another pass after my second arrival and was informed it is $20 for a replacement pass. She was feeling festive so she waived it but said she’ll make a note so I don’t get it again. I asked if you could use the $50 e-gift card for it and she laughed and said “probably not.” Not sure if she thought it was a joke or she didn’t actually know about the $50 season pass credit.

On the snow at 7 with the post dinner and the quad line was past the gates. Middle of the runs were scraped and the sides were Baby Bash Suga Suga. Line got smaller each time down until it was only a couple people deep. Had fun bumping around on the sides of Lazy and Paradise with the little one until 815.

@GrilledSteezeSandwichsince you asked. Chicken nugs with ketchup due to  the time crunch.

edit: someone dropped off the quad to get first tracks on Falls WTGAI

Edited by mute1080
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, Benm said:

maybe the timeline is reversed -- 

that print was a limited set in 2009. 

the art for the band cassette label (or it looks like the mailing package) was from 1999ish

the artist has a history of lifting other designs.  http://www.miketyndall.com/todd_goldman/

You not only went down the rabbit hole - you hunted down and skinned the rabbit! Holy moley...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Benm said:

going further down the rabbit hole, it looks like it was based off of an art piece - Todd Goldman - "Business in the Front". the similarities are there, like they took it and made it sharper / cleaned it up.

image.thumb.png.00b9ac76d77515742c02ca8c4b40197c.png

16 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

You not only went down the rabbit hole - you hunted down and skinned the rabbit! Holy moley...

Lol, I did the same yesterday after my post, found all those links by doing a reverse image search with google. Band is Philly based, I wonder if the van owner is an actual member or a groupie?

I still say the inspiration/source is Keith Hernandez, specifically from the episode of Seinfeld he was in in 1992

image.png.8a3ac637179a391addc490fd10bb2050.png

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Lol, I did the same yesterday after my post, found all those links by doing a reverse image search with google. Band is Philly based, I wonder if the van owner is an actual member or a groupie?

I still say the inspiration/source is Keith Hernandez, specifically from the episode of Seinfeld he was in in 1992

image.png.8a3ac637179a391addc490fd10bb2050.png

Unfortunately the immutable laws of physics contradict the whole premise of your account.

Back, and to the left

• Like 1
  • Haha 2