January 16th ...quite a turnaround

RidgeRacer

12 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

As the unofficial stats manager, I think we should figure out a way to give a little props for folks that do double dip sessions @BLUEmt

Have you ever done a double dip session at Blue the True?? I can't imagine ever having the motivation to do that even if I lived next to the mountain like at Curtze's Cabin.

24 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Have you ever done a double dip session at Blue the True?? I can't imagine ever having the motivation to do that even if I lived next to the mountain like at Curtze's Cabin.

Yes I’m the one the came up with the name “double dip session” back in 2006. I’ve done that maybe three times, to get the morning fresh cord and then back later for a Perder storm. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mbike-ski said:

wtf no morning report today ?!?!?! how am I supposed to "work" ?!?!?

Nice conditions today (17th). Razors, Paradise, Main and Curzi’s all nice with a lot of grip. Bottom of Main was a little soft, but the top was great with only a few softish icy spots (did sharpen the edges last night which helped). Bottom of Main was 1000% better than Saturday. Chute was real nice.  Freefall still closed. Race team set up some brushes on one side of the bottom headwall of Razors. 

Some confusion at the quad rope drop when the season pass gate started opening a minute or so before the rest of the gates. After a half hour they opened up the new lift, but then about 1130 shut it down and opened up challenge express.   The new lift sure is comfy with a lot of headroom for the safety bar, but you are almost at a dead stop when you get off. Don’t miss the uphill climb to Widowmaker. Most of the people getting off the new lift were heading over to Burma or to lazy mile.   14 runs today mostly on razors and Main Street. Top speed of 38, so it was a pretty mellow day. 

• Like 5

I had meetings this morning so i went up for some afternoon delight. Good grip but too much water in the snow and horizontal movement was very high drag. 

With the warm temps there were moderate piles as it started to come apart but upperp main and pdis were still smooth.

Not alot of people around so the new lift wasn't running. I did see BFG and crew eating snacks on my way in but otherwise a quiet day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

It's thin on the second power right as I never saw them with those guns on. They can push down from NM but I'd bet there is less snow there than we think.  

So, basically they still dont have snow on the turn?  WTF.  

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

So, basically they still dont have snow on the turn?  WTF.  

It's just a little thin but speak of the devil. He did one push down from the piles on NM and one up from DW and it's one groomer width wide so assuming he does another down it should be at least two or 2 1/2 widths. I can't see the bottom but that looks like the thinnest section. 

My guess is push it out,  let it rain and it opens Friday. 

20230118_122212.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

It's just a little thin but speak of the devil. He did one push down from the piles on NM and one up from DW and it's one groomer width wide so assuming he does another down it should be at least two or 2 1/2 widths. I can't see the bottom but that looks like the thinnest section. 

My guess is push it out,  let it rain and it opens Friday. 

20230118_122212.jpg

image.jpeg.38f024167fdec0d99aee8adf6998987a.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Boner City 2