January 16th ...quite a turnaround

RidgeRacer

Oh salty was I'm the house too. Btw salty I get partial credit for this correct?

"Clear-air turbulence. Jet streams are, at their most basic, high-altitude air currents caused by atmospheric heating and the inertia of the earth's rotation—and they're the reason why flights from west to east are faster than the same route traversed in the opposite direction."

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Oh salty was I'm the house too. Btw salty I get partial credit for this correct?

"Clear-air turbulence. Jet streams are, at their most basic, high-altitude air currents caused by atmospheric heating and the inertia of the earth's rotation—and they're the reason why flights from west to east are faster than the same route traversed in the opposite direction."

Thanks, I was about to give you a confused face until I scrolled down. Looks like you're correct 💯 

Fun morning with a light crowd and guns blazing. First couple runs on Razors were worth the price of admission. Top of it started falling apart after a couple runs but the rest of it stayed nice. Lazy was a complete marble field and Main continued to be v nice.

Rode the new 6 pack at a crawling speed the entire way and at the top they said the button to restart it froze. big facepalm. Hopefully they got it sorted since we didn't try to ride it again. The area between the new and old 6 pack is becoming a popular standing location and hard to get through at times.

Heading back for a double dip tonight and hoping no crowds with it being the end of the holiday weekend.

• Like 5

Started on the new lift, interesting perspective. rode it a few times, it stopped once and was slow a couple of times. The end of Burma in front of the patrol building is a little flat but doable. I like lazy but it was rough today, happy with everything else. wish they were blowing on upper sidewinder instead of lower sidewinder.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Fun morning with a light crowd and guns blazing. First couple runs on Razors were worth the price of admission. Top of it started falling apart after a couple runs but the rest of it stayed nice. Lazy was a complete marble field and Main continued to be v nice.

Rode the new 6 pack at a crawling speed the entire way and at the top they said the button to restart it froze. big facepalm. Hopefully they got it sorted since we didn't try to ride it again. The area between the new and old 6 pack is becoming a popular standing location and hard to get through at times.

Heading back for a double dip tonight and hoping no crowds with it being the end of the holiday weekend.

QFT!
Not to mention them putting the stupid fence up halfway across the base area, so coming down Trails End you have to fight through the crowds just to get to the entrance.

Checking out the webcams in the late afternoon/evening, the place is packed!   Hope crowds thin out for you, but WJW!

• Thanks 1

I really wanted to ski this morning but fell asleep late last night and really needed an extra hour of sleep and this workweek I have to get a lot done before Jackson hole…I even have a morning appointment tomorrow.  I’m planning on Wednesday AM next.  Thursday prob rainout and then skiing Friday and Saturday AMs and that’s it for Blue until February.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zzslope said:

Started on the new lift, interesting perspective. rode it a few times, it stopped once and was slow a couple of times. The end of Burma in front of the patrol building is a little flat but doable. I like lazy but it was rough today, happy with everything else. wish they were blowing on upper sidewinder instead of lower sidewinder.

I’m glad you’re back at Blue. I agree on Sidewinder..it’s a popular run and spreads the people out alot.  

22 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I really wanted to ski this morning but fell asleep late last night and really needed an extra hour of sleep and this workweek I have to get a lot done before Jackson hole…I even have a morning appointment tomorrow.  I’m planning on Wednesday AM next.  Thursday prob rainout and then skiing Friday and Saturday AMs and that’s it for Blue until February.  

Matt Edge gave me a fist bump on the chairlift for being able to hang with the big dogs now. Atomic Skier on his Kästle skis used to disappear on the horizon like a tiny apple seed, but now I can sort of keep up so he looks like the size of a walnut 

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Back at 550 with @Dirtwolf in the house. Crowd was semi still there but most were headed to the exit. The usual slick spots with sugar piles but a pleasant evening with no lines. The kid accomplished her first black diamond with a full Raceway run and now she’s calling for doubles 😂 

Beer in the lot and JADIP until tomorrow night.

088EB0FF-2E38-4065-BF3C-312E95D5573D.jpeg

hmmmmm what time tomorrow night?????? @RidgeRacer

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1