Ski Season 23-24 thread

RidgeRacer

I skied Northstar at Tahoe 12 years ago at Xmas and was a similar dry start to the season with about two dozen runs open but like ten lifts so was a junkshow. Was the first time I ever paid over $100 for a lift ticket, that was the window price and I’d ski 830-noon and then when debooting would sell my ticket to someone in the lot for $20-30. So for shits and giggled I looked up to see what a ticket at Northstar at Tahoe would cost for tomorrow. They have 26 runs open and ten lifts but some of the runs are terrain parks, connectors and like village run baloney so prob 5-6 herb routes..blue is a bargain in comparison. 

8EA0AF60-8D5D-40D4-8DE0-87BA5E4C48AF.png

42E6006B-1531-4614-9A5C-B512C11B68C8.png

@indiggio and @NMSKI this guy is a top tier ski vlogger.  We were talking in the lot the other day swigging hot sauce on the slopes maybe not the best idea.  At least I’ve mostly been skipping the hash brown and sausage McMuffin on the way up that plus a shot of hot sauce level 4

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nope I was gonna go because I was supposed to have housekeeping at 8am but it’s now Friday so slept in a little.  Are you negative now?

Yep. I think I’m gonna do a late afternoon sesh.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 2:14 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I skied Northstar at Tahoe 12 years ago at Xmas and was a similar dry start to the season with about two dozen runs open but like ten lifts so was a junkshow. Was the first time I ever paid over $100 for a lift ticket, that was the window price and I’d ski 830-noon and then when debooting would sell my ticket to someone in the lot for $20-30. So for shits and giggled I looked up to see what a ticket at Northstar at Tahoe would cost for tomorrow. They have 26 runs open and ten lifts but some of the runs are terrain parks, connectors and like village run baloney so prob 5-6 herb routes..blue is a bargain in comparison. 

8EA0AF60-8D5D-40D4-8DE0-87BA5E4C48AF.png

42E6006B-1531-4614-9A5C-B512C11B68C8.png

I saw Vail hit over 300 for a day, insanity but at least it's Vail. I've skied Northstar and it's cool, you can get a dope breakfast at the Ritz but it's a slightly bigger fancier blue. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I saw Vail hit over 300 for a day, insanity but at least it's Vail. I've skied Northstar and it's cool, you can get a dope breakfast at the Ritz but it's a slightly bigger fancier blue. 

When I was at Tahoe my bro in laws dad who makes like a million a year took us to supper at the Ritz and my parents gave me shit for ordering a steak…they were like wooo it’s $58 or something…I’m not ordering the mushroom croquettes to save the rich dad $20…gosh. 

Who looks at menu prices when somebody else is paying.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When I was at Tahoe my bro in laws dad who makes like a million a year took us to supper at the Ritz and my parents gave me shit for ordering a steak…they were like wooo it’s $58 or something…I’m not ordering the mushroom croquettes to save the rich dad $20…gosh. 

Who looks at menu prices when somebody else is paying.  

Agreed, he knew the deal when he asked you to go so get the steak.  As bad is it is at Blue at least we know the deal. Tahoe looks like blue and last year it was a god damn shangri-la 

• Like 1

I saw he was going to be!  Thanks for the tag 

damn the limelight hotel!  That place is a fortune. Surprised he didn’t just stealth camp at a brush a creek lot

edit to the edit. Ok I see he didn’t pay for his room. Should have watched more then 30 seconds of video first

Edited by Barb