Weekend Roll call thread 12/2-12/3…

GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, DiMe said:

And a park on "Barb's Way" aka Trails End.  That's something new, I've been told they always open with it on Come Around and only not last year because the new lift wasnt in service yet.  Man trails names change so often.  Who is Barb?  

Dime there’s no how it always was at Blue..this is the new Blue..the place looks like ski area tycoon like a Sim city game. Where else is there a high speed quad and two six packs leaving from one valley and arriving at two seperate peaks within 40 miles of Saltys hot sister??

Name changes happen..Lawrence street in Allentown is now Martin Luther king blvd Shobiz Pizza became chuckee cheese even Mark Wahlburg used to be marky mark..

Barb Green was the daughter of Ray Tuthill the founder of Blue mountain ski resort. When he passed in 2007 she took over the reins and in my humble opinion she did a great job.  She’s now retired.  I’ll find an article about her.  She’s a legend and legends rule.  She could have sold to camelback a decade ago but she kept the place independent. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

27 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Dime there’s no how it always was at Blue..this is the new Blue..the place looks like ski area tycoon like a Sim city game. Where else is there a high speed quad and two six packs leaving from one valley and arriving at two seperate peaks within 40 miles of Saltys hot sister??

Name changes happen..Lawrence street in Allentown is now Martin Luther king blvd Shobiz Pizza became chuckee cheese even Mark Wahlburg used to be marky mark..

Barb Green was the daughter of Ray Tuthill the founder of Blue mountain ski resort. When he passed in 2007 she took over the reins and in my humble opinion she did a great job.  She’s now retired.  I’ll find an article about her.  She’s a legend and legends rule.  She could have sold to camelback a decade ago but she kept the place independent. 

Good lesson on Blue history.  This should be stickied.  Well in honor of Barbs legacy and support of the indy vibe, I will respect the name change and dub the park Barbs Way.

1 minute ago, DiMe said:

Good lesson on Blue history.  This should be stickied.  Well in honor of Barbs legacy and support of the indy vibe, I will respect the name change and dub the park Barbs Way.

They still need a run called Jerry’s way.  That would be rad…and @saltyant is no longer a Jerry he’s a Gerald and he only learned to ski like 7 years ago and is almost as fast as me on tuts lane if his skis are waxed. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They still need a run called Jerry’s way.  That would be rad…and @saltyant is no longer a Jerry he’s a Gerald and he only learned to ski like 7 years ago and is almost as fast as me on tuts lane if his skis are waxed. 

@saltyant where are you?  Dont disappear again like last March.  Join us in the rising of the stoke levels!!!   Less than 48 hours for 1082ft of vertical!!!

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I didnt notice paradise and freefall didnt make the list. Hopefully for sat. I cant imagine the second largest snowmaking system wouldnt be able to pull that off.

Maybe staggered openings, multiple rope drops..you never know..maybe even a Van Halen cover band playing in front of the Waffle Haus..might as well Jump..

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Maybe staggered openings, multiple rope drops..you never know..maybe even a Van Halen cover band playing in front of the Waffle Haus..might as well Jump..

Also possibly a snow preservation strategy.  Keep the whales in place on some trails to push out for full time opening starting next weekend.  Or even just for this Saturday and Sunday.

Edited by DiMe

6 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Also possibly a snow preservation strategy.  Keep the whales in place on some trails to push out for full time opening starting next weekend.  Or even just for this Saturday and Sunday.

Perhaps or just keeping expectations low and surprising everybody with more terrain..ok back to reading blues Facebook comments. 

1 hour ago, DiMe said:

@saltyant where are you?  Dont disappear again like last March.  Join us in the rising of the stoke levels!!!   Less than 48 hours for 1082ft of vertical!!!

I'll probably just ski either Saturday or Sunday. Once a week is enough for me unless I'm skiing somewhere rad like Vermont.

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 1

I don't really care what they have open, almost every year we get like Vista or lower main and many years we do only that for a bit. First day it's like fawn leg skiing anyways and cool just to be out. 

Maybe I'm smoking crack but this seems to be a big increase in output, its still the same mostly but over the years Blue has become alot more brofessional. 

Opening weekend pdis would make it feel alot bigger even if only to go the Magellan route. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'll probably just ski either Saturday or Sunday. Once a week is enough for me unless I'm skiing somewhere rad like Vermont.

What about night skiing?

5 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Amanda Seyfried is my favorite mean girl.  I was just chatting with her cousin. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Just checked. My photo is uploaded and my waivers are signed. 100% my pass won’t work Friday. At this point visiting the counter is an opening day tradition!

My waiver was already signed and I just uploaded a picture.  Didn’t even have to get out of bed to take the selfie as I have a ton on my phone already.  

17 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Just checked. My photo is uploaded and my waivers are signed. 100% my pass won’t work Friday. At this point visiting the counter is an opening day tradition!

Ugh, let the anxiety begin.  I've just used the same pass for the past 5 years or so and it always works.  Do I need to do something different this year?  I stress out about the pass not working more than I should.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Ugh, let the anxiety begin.  I've just used the same pass for the past 5 years or so and it always works.  Do I need to do something different this year?  I stress out about the pass not working more than I should.

You have to upload a picture.  I only knew about that cause Ridge said and it was in the email.