Weekend Roll call thread 12/2-12/3…

GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 minutes ago, DiMe said:

I predict a closing Sunday for weather reopen Monday.  At least according to their website they're selling midweek tickets.

All that snow melting on Sunday from the warmth and rain which will flow into the snowmaking retention ponds should be good for the snowmaking retention ponds.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Fucking soooo boring with no skiing ......its like we got all dolled up, went out,  shit it was even in and then bam the roommate is home......

Better get used to it. Looks like before this weekend they only have about 14 decent hours of snowmaking followed by a weekend of rain and temps that still stay above the magical number 32. 

I kinda think they will need some more snowmaking before they can open mid week, and im not sure they will get much this week.  However, if you want to believe in your favorite weather forecast for next week, it looks to improve like next Tuesday.  where have we heard that before.  

All i want for Christmas is winter.  This is very reminiscent of last year.  Hopefully winter shows up with a vengeance soon.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Same although I don’t know about weekday operations next week if Sunday is 60 and raining.  

I know, it's a bit unnerving but I'm optimistic if they get at least 12-24 hours worth of snowmaking this week they can condition whats open to hold up like it did this past Sunday and get to the snowmaking temps again next Tuesday. 

Hopefully the school groups are scheduled to come which from when I worked at CBK was always a big factor on staying open or closed in the evenings midweek.

Edited by DiMe

2 minutes ago, DiMe said:

I know, it's a bit unnerving but I'm optimistic if they get at least 12-24 hours worth of snowmaking this week they can condition whats open to hold up like it did this past Sunday and get to the snowmaking temps again next Tuesday. 

Hopefully the school groups are scheduled to come which from when I worked at CBK was always a big factor on staying open or closed in the evenings midweek.

Hopefully less cloudy than forecast . 

13 minutes ago, DiMe said:

School groups don’t start until after New Years.  

52 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Last year it got really cold on 12/23

A few months ago my snowboarding Bruh was going on about how this winter is going to be epic and radical with deep pow pows because of what is says in the Farmers Almanac or some hokum astrology website about El Nino which means something about a Spanish chicken. I personally love snowmaking temps and no natural snow. I get to ski without doing all the bullshit work.

Edited by saltyant

27 minutes ago, saltyant said:

A few months ago my snowboarding Bruh was going on about how this winter is going to be epic and radical with deep pow pows because of what is says in the Farmers Almanac or some hokum astrology website about El Nino which means something about a Spanish chicken. I personally love snowmaking temps and no natural snow. I get to ski without doing all the bullshit work.

No bullshit work for me except cleaning snow off my car.  

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I despise cleaning snow off cars. It truly is a loathsome task. This winter I'm using my leaf blower to blow it off. 

Your assuming it’s going to be powdery snow. Buy a cover and slide it off or use rain x and tap the brakes at the first stop sign 🙃🤪

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AirheadD8 said:

Your assuming it’s going to be powdery snow. Buy a cover and slide it off or use rain x and tap the brakes at the first stop sign 🙃🤪

I was gonna say or buy a house with a garage and he’ll have to make sure it’s a high enough garage door for a Crosstrek..

• Like 1