12/31/23…not very good

GrilledSteezeSandwich

43 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Is it? Let’s say the skillz or even greek peak had an edgeable winter surface of some sort and blue had sugar, pack the car because I’m driving far from the sugar Sugar is very common to blue. I didn’t ski it too often, or if at all in hundreds of days logged at JFBB. @JFskiDan would you agree with that assessment? Ivan never skied it at elk…maybe a day or 2 at Shawnee or CB but sugar is kind of a blue mountain special 

i dont remember sugar at JF, but it cant be just a Blue Mt thing, so i would say it definitely happens at Blue more than anywhere i have skied.  But maybe its the traffic that Blue sees that makes it so prevalent.  

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

WNEP ses possible snow perder storm next weekend?? That means we'll probably get 0.0000001 nanometers of snow.

@saltyant we barely ever receive snowfall in December but January and February are our best months for snow and March is ok the years it cums in like a lion.  @Salty remember you’re no longer  a jerry anymore. You’re also no longer a jerry any less.  How has camelback been?

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

There is no stoke with this forecast.  Sorry and Jackson hole is bone dry so don’t even have those webcams to watch.  I will bring the stoke when there is stoke to bring..I’m not sugarcoating stuff. 

Aint no sugarcoating...  well actually a shitload of sugar coating the mountain.  However may I suggest adapting park skiing.  Stoke levels go through the roof stomping a trick to bolts regardless of snow quality or conditions, every single time!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Aint no sugarcoating...  well actually a shitload of sugar coating the mountain.  However may I suggest adapting park skiing.  Stoke levels go through the roof stomping a trick to bolts regardless of snow quality or conditions, every single time!

If I wanna slide on a board I’ll go to a playground.  I like speed and pow and fresh cord..and not the cord that rattles fillings.  All good I’ve already skied like 3 hours this season lol

Dime I don’t feel like you were such a park rat a decade+ ago but maybe I forgot.  Anyway as I said the other day you gotta hook up with @Antman..I’ve seen him do a tindy off a down flat down to a switch 180 cork butter pecan. They need to bring the steps back. I used to love skiing down then in the park.  They were mad crispy.  

If by some miracle Blue gets the sidewinder trail open(would take a polar vortex) they need to bring back the short bus and also the crackerbarrel. I never hit the school bus or the Cracker Barrel but I’d whack my pole against those steezy features every run for stoke and I used to piss behind the wall ride as a sacrifice to the freaky snow gods. I don’t even care if they saw my weiner. Not much to see lol

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Thursday and Friday nights look good let’s just hope it holds. Airhead do you have any trips planned?  The saving grace is it’s sucking most places. 

Unfortunately no ski trips but I’ll probably do a Plattekill powder day “once “ the woods are in play. My son made the USA junior F3j Rc glider team. 2024 Worlds are in Norway so we’ll be going for a couple weeks this coming summer. 
My Sailplane needs a ton of work so my fun budget is blown out of the water this year. 

Hoping February delivers so I can get in some Jim Thorpe bc runs . 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Unfortunately no ski trips but I’ll probably do a Plattekill powder day “once “ the woods are in play. My son made the USA junior F3j Rc glider team. 2024 Worlds are in Norway so we’ll be going for a couple weeks this coming summer. 
My Sailplane needs a ton of work so my fun budget is blown out of the water this year. 

Hoping February delivers so I can get in some Jim Thorpe bc runs . 

That’s sweet that you’re going to Norway. I was laughing when Dirtwolf asked how much more snow Jackson hole needed for everything to be in play and I said ten feet lol.  Honestly I think 11 feet 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s sweet that you’re going to Norway. I was laughing when Dirtwolf asked how much more snow Jackson hole needed for everything to be in play and I said ten feet lol.  Honestly I think 11 feet 

My Brother likes near Portland Me . It sucks there too . 

7 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

My Brother likes near Portland Me . It sucks there too . 

When it gets better you should visit him and use one of his buddy passes. I lived in Saco Maine near old orchard beach summer of 2002 and had two girlfriends..was amazing and I skied Killington on the way so had my skis in my car all summer and yes I lived in a hotel.  

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If I wanna slide on a board I’ll go to a playground.  I like speed and pow and fresh cord..and not the cord that rattles fillings.  All good I’ve already skied like 3 hours this season lol

Dime I don’t feel like you were such a park rat a decade+ ago but maybe I forgot.  Anyway as I said the other day you gotta hook up with @Antman..I’ve seen him do a tindy off a down flat down to a switch 180 cork butter pecan. They need to bring the steps back. I used to love skiing down then in the park.  They were mad crispy.  

If by some miracle Blue gets the sidewinder trail open(would take a polar vortex) they need to bring back the short bus and also the crackerbarrel. I never hit the school bus or the Cracker Barrel but I’d whack my pole against those steezy features every run for stoke and I used to piss behind the wall ride as a sacrifice to the freaky snow gods. I don’t even care if they saw my weiner. Not much to see lol

I was a partial park rat back then.  Between year round big snow park laps and my dedication now I am actually better in the park now at my older age than when I was younger.  Not that I'm anything special, I try.

@antman12 you ride park?  Who else rides park?  I remember back in the day PASR had a mad steezy skier park group consisting of @toast21602, @Justo8484,  KT and others. Whats the story these days?

Edited by DiMe

3 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Is it? Let’s say the skillz or even greek peak had an edgeable winter surface of some sort and blue had sugar, pack the car because I’m driving far from the sugar Sugar is very common to blue. I didn’t ski it too often, or if at all in hundreds of days logged at JFBB. @JFskiDan would you agree with that assessment? Ivan never skied it at elk…maybe a day or 2 at Shawnee or CB but sugar is kind of a blue mountain special 

I would have to say yes it still is.  Simply because it's a short drive to get some turns in as often as possible.  

I can not deny I would prefer to be riding pretty much anything in the Catskills on any given day over Blue but that's an additions 2.25hrs behind the wheel one way in the least.

As has been said we're dealing with the sugar because it's just what ya get when it gets cold enough at night but not cold enough for the guns to condition the surface.  Blue is just in the worst snowmaking location compared to JFBB, Elk and Camelback.  For example with it being colder up this way Camelback actually had the guns on Nile Mile last night.  The sugar will be gone as soon as Blue can light up again! 

Happy New Year!  Let 2024 bring on winter for all of us! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DiMe said:

I was a partial park rat back then.  Between year round big snow park laps and my dedication now I am actually better in the park now at my older age than when I was younger.  Not that I'm anything special, I try.

@antman12 you ride park?  Who else rides park?  I remember back in the day PASR had a mad steezy skier park group consisting of @toast21602, @Justo8484,  KT and others. Whats the story these days?

I was thinking about Danny Mac the other day.

17 hours ago, DiMe said:

I would have to say yes it still is.  Simply because it's a short drive to get some turns in as often as possible.  

I can not deny I would prefer to be riding pretty much anything in the Catskills on any given day over Blue but that's an additions 2.25hrs behind the wheel one way in the least.

As has been said we're dealing with the sugar because it's just what ya get when it gets cold enough at night but not cold enough for the guns to condition the surface.  Blue is just in the worst snowmaking location compared to JFBB, Elk and Camelback.  For example with it being colder up this way Camelback actually had the guns on Nile Mile last night.  The sugar will be gone as soon as Blue can light up again! 

Happy New Year!  Let 2024 bring on winter for all of us! 

I do, but hardly anymore to be honest. A lap through and a couple board slides and hop on downrails and im good. I have no desire to "progress" or learn anything new. Keeping it as safe and low risk as possible.

Following your posts and seeing your desire to get back into the park and progress has been awesome though. Keep it up brotha!

• Like 2
  • Love 1