1/19 Snoooooowwww !

Johnny Law

52 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Tomorow should be le tits assuming it isn't overrun by front platers and all of Delco. 

With 3 lifts running, a season pass holder lane, moar terrain, and cold blustery weather to keep those platers at bay, this weekend is lookin pretty swell at the True Bloo 

• Like 1

Widowmaker wasn’t too bad, a little disappointed with Main Street but it was ok. Hate to say it, but the best run of the day was first run of Paradise. Too afraid of the crowd on Lazy to try it, especially after they opened Challenge lift. Lines were building up before they opened it. Lower Paradise was packed later coming off of TCS, but OK if you stayed next to the right side trees. Crowds got too much for me about 11:45.  Desperately need Switch and Side opened. Had some coffee in the lot under my back hatch. 

Edited by C1erArt
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Very fun rare mid week morning for me.  Really nice to see snowmaking progress from the past week.  Big gains.  Pretty busy by 11:30, just lapped lazy after the others had to go do that work BS.  Lazy was kind of 3D by then and super fun, other than watching for the masses of people on trail.  Falls was nice too.  Hopefully cuzie's/raceway/widowmaker will be a little nicer tomorrow, it was just kind of typical of the Blue cycle of grooming right after opening a trail, skiable but marble-y.  Midway was pretty nice.  NMDW has more snow on it than Challenge, but hopefully both will be open before the end of our nice snowmaking stretch. it will be really nice to do the lefty-righty down NMDW again.  Hopefully they dont put park BS on there for the 15 people at Blue that do that.  Nothing sucked about today.  

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Was thinking about after work but

IMG_0141.jpeg

Actually the crowd is moving along relatively well. Just took a break I’ve been hitting for 3hrs . Get your Frogger on near the base. 

53 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How’s as the snow underneath the fresh?

Scrapped up on the steep but manageable. 

• Like 1

Just got back from a morning sesh at Blue The True!  I didnt rush this morning because the snow started late and grooming also ran late so no feel of FOMO.  I arrived at 9:45am and it was snowing at a decent rate all morning and it was gooooood.  Gate finally dropped on Razors about 2pm and I wrapped it up after that after 13 laps.  Crowds just kept growing.  All in all JADIP

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, DiMe said:

I will add despite the growing crowds the VIP line was open and they were counting heads at every lift keeping it well organized.  I dont think I waited more than 5 min at peak.

Thanks. I want to feel like a VIP tomorrow and not some pleb who paid one fitty for a lift hill ski pass ticket voucher.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Did @enjoralas keep his skis on his feets?

Indeed. I think I did fall once on this, but did not take the skis off. This is the T-bar line.

EDIT - full disclosure, skis were off when I fell. But you can see me clicking back in to finish the run in the video. Glad I ran this then -- can you get there with the new lift house tucked in tighter?

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Did @enjoralas keep his skis on his feets?

Enjo and I have had some interesting adventures around Blue during powder days. I got stuck in the Burma woods and it sucked trying to get out. We did successfully ski the bike park in the middle of the mountain somewhere which was probably the gnarliest terrain I've ever been on in the northeast, definitely in PA

• Like 1