2/20….the best of times.

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning session at Blue mountain. I arrived at the lower lot around 830 and it was sunny with the temperature of 19 in the valley and 25 at the upper entrance..and inversion Yo!!  In the house were Atomic Jeff, Justo, Slim, Bethlehem ford crew, C1er, Airhead, Rose and many others.  

First civilian quad and a pristine challenge..pretty good grooming…nightmare to dreamweaver was closed for snowmaking, Razors was closed for racing.   I repeated challenge three more times then went to Main Street. Upper Main Street had the best snow and grooming on the mountain..middle had a gun or two and lower had a few marbles but still nice.  Coming soon was trash..solid cookies as was lower Paradise.  

Back to Main Street to finish out the session with two more runs.  Crowds were moderate, actually less people than I thought but the crowds were still spilling in.  I peaced out at 1020 after 8 runs and on the way back there was a fire in Cherryville..delayed me a few minutes as traffic wasn’t allowed to go east on 248 but going towards Blue mountain the backup on blue mountain drive extended from 248 to the soaked winery.  

These are the best of times at blue and they’re setting up to have a solid base going into March…

8D1DA3FA-E328-4DAF-8C06-30D6AFE268B9.jpeg

E98FA4D4-DB6A-4C88-B815-71DC30B6A143.jpeg

5E4A5A46-C581-4131-BC19-AF6FDB0F9715.jpeg

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I was surprised how crowded it was.  Lines past the gates by 10:45

See the weather…we had snow the other day…first day back for off peak passholders…also a lot of the boomers skipped the weekend due to crowds and skipped yesterday because they thought it would be crowded but it apparently wasn’t due to all the lifts running and 8am start. Definitely a lot of once a year folks out today.  

Just got home from a most excellent afternoon sesh at Blue The True.  Was busy around noon but lines dissipated as the morning tickets left.  Snow was most excellent considering the crowds.  I think the only ice sketch spot I found was the landing of the 2nd rail on Come Around.  Be back tomorrow for more of the same!

20240220_125516.jpg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Just got home from a most excellent afternoon sesh at Blue The True.  Was busy around noon but lines dissipated as the morning tickets left.  Snow was most excellent considering the crowds.  I think the only ice sketch spot I found was the landing of the 2nd rail on Come Around.  Be back tomorrow for more of the same!

20240220_125516.jpg

Remember to use sunscreen for afternoon sessions..and practice smart style. 

4 hours ago, indiggio said:

Why aren't they at Camelback then?

Are there even any candle shops or taco shops near Blue..camelback is way better. @saltyant is even thinking about getting a locker there and a membership to their courtyard coffee talk after first tracks. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Remember to use sunscreen for afternoon sessions..and practice smart style. 

Speaking of smart style I had my first head on collision today in front of the quad gates.  I was coming from the progression park going way wide to keep a little speed over to go to the 6 pack and a skier in the other djrection deer in headlighted at the same time with me and whammo.  Really hard hit but no harm no foul, we shook hands and said we both fed up.  First time for everything.

Edited by DiMe
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Speaking of smart style I had my first head on collision today in front of the quad gates.  I was coming from the progression park going way wide to keep a little speed over to go to the 6 pack and a skier in the other djrection deer in headlighted at the same time with me and whammo.  Really hard hit but no harm no foul, we shook hands and said we both fed up.  First time for everything.

You’re a chill dude…some people would want to fight in that situation even if it’s their fault.  One time like a day or two before a ski trip I was skiing down shuttle back when it was empty at blue and you could fly down it, and some guy who was prob tucking since midway clipped my ski tails and cause me to spin out but not fall and he fell..he was all pissed…and I said you hit me…and he kept going and I repeated you hit me…

ski and ride with your head on a swivel 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You’re a chill dude…some people would want to fight in that situation even if it’s their fault.  One time like a day or two before a ski trip I was skiing down shuttle back when it was empty at blue and you could fly down it, and some guy who was prob tucking since midway clipped my ski tails and cause me to spin out but not fall and he fell..he was all pissed…and I said you hit me…and he kept going and I repeated you hit me…

ski and ride with your head on a swivel 

People be crazy.  I try to diffuse those situations immediately.  Not for fear of a fight fear of goinf to jail if someone forces me to fight em.

• Like 2

Just got back from a quick threefer after a day in the big city.  Really nothing much to write home about after how great this weekend was.  Ran lazy, switch and main.  Everything pretty much the same.  Some scraped slick spots with some nice stuff in between.  

Overall just nice to be outside for a bit. 

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Dirtwolf said:

Just got back from a quick threefer after a day in the big city.  Really nothing much to write home about after how great this weekend was.  Ran lazy, switch and main.  Everything pretty much the same.  Some scraped slick spots with some nice stuff in between.  

Overall just nice to be outside for a bit. 

Way to get after it. I haven’t been in Manhattan since like 2010 and gonna go with my friend one of these days. When I used to go I’d park in Chinatown. Think about all the hours we spend outside during the winter compared to most it’s healthy AF even if we’re eating tubuler meat and drinking beer. It’s well earned. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, C1erArt said:

Kind of thinking they are blowing a lot of snow on NM/DW to put features in. 

theres usually at least one big boarder/skier-cross race on NMDW each year

Was a nice evening, with the exception of a few slick spots and some weird rolly polly areas the snow was pretty good. Finally got a run on sidewinder! Run of the night was far right main st. I saw @momskeeztoo on the way in, looked like you had a long day lol

Edited by mbike-ski
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Way to get after it. I haven’t been in Manhattan since like 2010 and gonna go with my friend one of these days. When I used to go I’d park in Chinatown. Think about all the hours we spend outside during the winter compared to most it’s healthy AF even if we’re eating tubuler meat and drinking beer. It’s well earned. 

You got about 3 months to get there before congestion pricing starts.  Will cost ya like $80 to drive into Manhattan 

2 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

You got about 3 months to get there before congestion pricing starts.  Will cost ya like $80 to drive into Manhattan 

best part of manhattan was getting in the car to get the hell out of there.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1