3/2-3/3…weekend roll call thread.

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Take it to the music or random thoughts thread…thank you and Shabbat Shalom!!!

Thanks for making this a day of kindness! Maybe we can go see Ski2Live in Jersey with @momskeeztoo and you and I can share bunk beds, though I get the top bunk.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Boner City 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Maybe not tomorrow for me now as it’s showing 1/4-1/2” of rain.  Sunday looks primo for spring skiing. 

69 news this morning said they expect the rain to be mostly sporadic showers and drizzle, so unless it's raining pretty hard when I wake up, I'll be there both days. Gotta get them in, not many left

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh Ed Sullivan was before Letterman I think…back in the Grease and Saturday night fever days when John Travolta and Olivia Newton John were stars of the silver screen and before Elton John was gay.   Good times. 

Really no connection. Letterman switched networks to CBS and started broadcasting from the same theater Ed Sullivan had used - but there was no connection between the shows and Sullivan's weekly variety show had been off the air for decades before Letterman's nightly talk show began broadcasting from this theater.

All of this is only tangentially related to the awesome concert we will be doing tonight. 

• Boner City 2

Woke up pretty optimistic hearing nothing on the roof. Unfortunately, my location was just in a dry pocket. Looks like things will get worse after 8. Sitting this one out unless there is some decent change to no rain before 10. Doubtful

38 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Didn’t feel like skiing in the rain…if it was the first or last day of the season would be a different story.  I know atomic Jeff and Dirtwolf are up there. 

Skiing today is absolutely bananas. I see some hard core people out there like Dirt Wolf. WJW

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Benm said:

Woke up pretty optimistic hearing nothing on the roof. Unfortunately, my location was just in a dry pocket. Looks like things will get worse after 8. Sitting this one out unless there is some decent change to no rain before 10. Doubtful

Same - i usually here rain on my roof.  apparently i dont hear sleet hitting my roof.  woke up to a nice layer of frozen precip, and called it.  i hate it when i get stuck inside on a Saturday.  kinda thinking if it quits early afternoon, i might make a go of it.  

On 3/1/2024 at 9:07 AM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Tickets are available online for Sunday and my guess is either until 3/17 or 3/24

They scheduled the kids Easter egg hunt for 3/24 so I’ll be shocked if they’re still open.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh Ed Sullivan was before Letterman I think…back in the Grease and Saturday night fever days when John Travolta and Olivia Newton John were stars of the silver screen and before Elton John was gay.   Good times. 

We have a really big shew tonight, with Topo Gigo, the talking mouse. 

• Boner City 1

Tried chasing what I thought was the end on the radar, got absolutely drenched. The snow of course was super good soft serve but it was raining hard enough where it was hard to see.

Big brown spots on side and upper main but otherwise they were doing OK.  Low crowds, mostly racers coming off the hill and newbs. Sidewinder was still pretty smooth and fresh but once i got the cold trickle from all the zips on the pants i retreated to the car. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 3/1/2024 at 11:04 AM, saltyant said:

Thanks for making this a day of kindness! Maybe we can go see Ski2Live in Jersey with @momskeeztoo and you and I can share bunk beds, though I get the top bunk.

Oh just catching up here bottom bunk is alright with me unless we can get one of those triple decker bunk beds they use in submarines..then Matt edge can join us.  Be forewarned he howls at the moon around 3am 

• Boner City 1