Aspen Stoke

AtomicSkier

Good grief.

I think that "better than" is relative after a certain point. It all depends on your priorities. If you like EATING, like Doug does, well, then I'll grant you that the town of Aspen is a great place to do it.

LOL

"owns" as in "is better than"

he may mean own as in, is better, etc.

I would certainly say it's better than Bridger. It's even better than Montana Snowbowl.

• Like 1

Wait, someone want to tell me why Jackson was even mentioned? Anyway, all I meant is if I was looking to book a trip in COLORADO for a bunch days and I lived on the east I wouldn't waste my time with Aspen. I'd fly into steamboat if I wanted more of a resort style trip, or Telluride/Silverton if I wanted a more BC style trip. I know there's good shot in Aspen, but in MY opinion its not where I'd spend my hard earned dollars.

I think its great Jeffs getting to Aspen so much. The resort is basicly made for dudes like him. Far enough of 70 to keep most people away, but easy access via the airport if you've got the silver spoon. Pretty awesome terrain that requires very little actual effort. Wine, overpriced food, and all that kind of stuff. So props to jeff for getting there so much.

• Like 1

im with glenn on this. not because i like arguing but because you and doug are a different type of skier/traveler. you guys go on vacation we go on adventures. low key mountains that are real dope with character, not just full of them.

every ski trip i've been on has been an adventure of some sort. you've gotta leave something to the unknown. if everything's all planned out and accounted for, it's just too easy. why not throw in a dislocated hip in another country to spice things up, right?

Aspen is definitely a special place :)

Nick...when was the last time you were in Tride?

I've never been, It's too far for a typical weekend trip from the front range. I can't take a million days off all the time. So I'm a little more limited to what is closer, or I take a big trip. This year the big trip was Montana. I'll be in telluride in june though for the bluegrass festival if that counts for anything.

I've never been, It's too far for a typical weekend trip from the front range. I can't take a million days off all the time. So I'm a little more limited to what is closer, or I take a big trip. This year the big trip was Montana. I'll be in telluride in june though for the bluegrass festival if that counts for anything.

Well, what it counts for is that haven't been to Telluride or Aspen...but I'm glad you know which mountain is better :banghead

I've been to both, and both mountains are awesome, and the towns are fun. You'd be crazy to skip Aspen or Telluride without ever being there.

Well, what it counts for is that haven't been to Telluride or Aspen...but I'm glad you know which mountain is better :banghead

I've been to both, and both mountains are awesome, and the towns are fun. You'd be crazy to skip Aspen or Telluride without ever being there.

Reading comprehension is not your strong point apparently. Reread my posts. I clearly state that I am aware that Aspen has great terrain, and is a great mountain. I wasn't comparing the two in any way. I was simply stating that IF IT WAS ME and I WAS planning a trip to CO with unlimited funds Aspen would not be my choice. That is all, quit trying to make more of it.

• Like 1

Reading comprehension is not your strong point apparently. Reread my posts. I clearly state that I am aware that Aspen has great terrain, and is a great mountain. I wasn't comparing the two in any way. I was simply stating that IF IT WAS ME and I WAS planning a trip to CO with unlimited funds Aspen would not be my choice. That is all, quit trying to make more of it.

Out of curiosity, why Telluride? You've never been there either. And if you think Tride is cheaper then Aspen :rofl

I was simply stating that IF IT WAS ME and I WAS planning a trip to CO with unlimited funds Aspen would not be my choice.

Sad. You are so negative. If you had unlimited funds...would you have a different personality and/or demands than you do now?

Step outside. Take a deep breath. Enjoy what life has to offer.

• Like 6

Sad. You are so negative. If you had unlimited funds...would you have a different personality and/or demands than you do now?

Step outside. Take a deep breath. Enjoy what life has to offer.

What is so negative about that? Why not quote the parts of my posts where I sad I was glad Jeff has been to Aspen so much this year? I'm stoked for him. You all get so butt hurt when someone slightly disagrees with you, then tell me to enjoy life. Seems like you need to take a deep breathe. I love my life. I love my job, make more money than I planned on making at my age. Have a great girlfriend, a dog, and plenty of toys that keep me out playing in the Rocky Mountains every weekend. So what am I doing wrong exactly?

• Like 2

Starting to sound like the Blue vs. Camelback argument to me (except for some of the parties haven't been to one or the other or either).

Not trying to stoke the flame lol.

I'd agree with you except for the fact that I wasn't comparing anything. However, Aspen is like Jackson on PASR. You even slightly cross those who are fanboys of the two and you get a shit storm of bullshit tossed at you.

People, reread the damn thread. The only reason it was brought up was because I was responding to JiveTurkey since he was saying it's dumb to fly to Aspen. I've met the dude, and skied with him a handful of times out here. I know that he'd never go to Aspen, and I wouldn't either. Nothing wrong with Aspen. It's just not the type of mountain either of us would hit on an extended trip. I'd rather head to Telluride/Silverton if I had the coin so I could hop on the heli at Silverton, and enjoy the (from what I'm told) nearly empty telluride. If not that... Steamboat. I don't dislike Aspen, I've just got other shit I'd rather do. Get over it and stop bitching, if you had fun there then who cares. Keep going and enjoy it.

Fuck Aspen, Fuck telluride....... who fucking cares where you fucking like to fucking ski... just fucking go and fucking enjoy your fucking self.

Thank you...now fuckity Fuck off...

Just fucking saying.

Yes I fucking said Fuck over fifteen fucking times in this fucking thread.

looked like a nice time

all im saying is i get hammered and try to bring the concierge up to a brotel room because i have no standards on vacation; then piss my bed (and KTs hoodie) and break myself the next day and drive through customs fucked up on what i believe to be illegal painkillers in the US. i mean, if jeff or doug went on vacation with any one of us in this thread it would be a completely different experience. and now that my drinking tolerance is up and im older - its fuckin on next time.

• Like 1

dude im drunk before i even get on the elevator to go to dinner and when im at dinner im too fucked up to realize we're at a sushi bar and order something thats not sushi.

keystone has free hot cider on demand as well. and i use thc infused sunscreen. and all vail resorts have free granola bars/chapstick. sweet/salty bars were the shit.

vail is a pos though and summit is overcrowded like a mofo. over it.

looked like a nice time

all im saying is i get hammered and try to bring the concierge up to a brotel room because i have no standards on vacation; then piss my bed (and KTs hoodie) and break myself the next day and drive through customs fucked up on what i believe to be illegal painkillers in the US. i mean, if jeff or doug went on vacation with any one of us in this thread it would be a completely different experience. and now that my drinking tolerance is up and im older - its fuckin on next time.

the truth comes out... i never knew about the hoodie. and they werent illegal, you just can't buy them over the counter in the US. no big deal.

Do you like hot applecidar??? They have it on demand at all of the mountains at Aspen..what about sunscreen..they have free sunscreen..you like water...you see where I'm going with this.. :nana

So does nearly every hill in CO. What's your point? Are you saying an expensive town, ticket and lodging somehow become worth it for $1.50 in "Freebies" you could just bring yourself?

I'd agree with you except for the fact that I wasn't comparing anything. However, Aspen is like Jackson on PASR. You even slightly cross those who are fanboys of the two and you get a shit storm of bullshit tossed at you.

People, reread the damn thread. The only reason it was brought up was because I was responding to JiveTurkey since he was saying it's dumb to fly to Aspen. I've met the dude, and skied with him a handful of times out here. I know that he'd never go to Aspen, and I wouldn't either. Nothing wrong with Aspen. It's just not the type of mountain either of us would hit on an extended trip. I'd rather head to Telluride/Silverton if I had the coin so I could hop on the heli at Silverton, and enjoy the (from what I'm told) nearly empty telluride. If not that... Steamboat. I don't dislike Aspen, I've just got other shit I'd rather do. Get over it and stop bitching, if you had fun there then who cares. Keep going and enjoy it.

your loss.. aspen is rad!...well snowmass and highlands are at least...I have never skied Ajax. They may not have the pucker factor of some of the things are silverton or telluride..but the terrain is a shit ton better than anything in bounds on the front range.

So does nearly every hill in CO. What's your point? Are you saying an expensive town, ticket and lodging somehow become worth it for $1.50 in "Freebies" you could just bring yourself?

It's worth it to me because I like it there. Some people think BMW's are overpriced when a Daewoo will get you to point B just the same. To each his own :wiggle

your loss.. aspen is rad!...well snowmass and highlands are at least...I have never skied Ajax. They may not have the pucker factor of some of the things are silverton or telluride..but the terrain is a shit ton better than anything in bounds on the front range.

just when i thought you drank the COolaid ;) All the people on PASR that have been to Aspen think it's great. Those who haven't...hate.