Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

It's been so windy in the mountains all week. They said it would die down today. Just checked weather at Eldora and still expecting 35mph sustained winds most of the day. They clocked gusting winds of 86mph west of Boulder already this morning. Guess I am waiting till Friday with the rest of the crowds.

On the plus side mountains got another foot of snow this wk

It's been so windy in the mountains all week. They said it would die down today. Just checked weather at Eldora and still expecting 35mph sustained winds most of the day. They clocked gusting winds of 86mph west of Boulder already this morning. Guess I am waiting till Friday with the rest of the crowds.

On the plus side mountains got another foot of snow this wk

Thanks for the update Barb...u coming east for the holidays? Was just chatting with a friend who lives in Bouder and she said most of your snow has melted.

Thanks for the update Barb...u coming east for the holidays? Was just chatting with a friend who lives in Bouder and she said most of your snow has melted.

Snow in town al melted yes. I came home a month ago to visit some colleges with my oldest. That was enough for me.

Based on the radar there's no way we won't get at least 8" in Allentown. Realize that with this snow compacting there could be 7" total on the ground when all is said and done but the official recorded amount will be 9-10". That's because weather stations often do an hourly measurement on a clean flat surface so they don't account for settling.

Closing in on 2" in 2 hours here in dirty south Whitehall. post-512-0-46987500-1417017409_thumb.jpg

Based on the radar there's no way we won't get at least 8" in Allentown. Realize that with this snow compacting there could be 7" total on the ground when all is said and done but the official recorded amount will be 9-10". That's because weather stations often do an hourly measurement on a clean flat surface so they don't account for settling.

Closing in on 2" in 2 hours here in dirty south Whitehall. attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice neighborhood..... but it looks a little dead.

ER has 9 trails. In my 5 seasons there they never opened all 9 trails before MLK weekend.

Wow they could probably open on all natural snow tomorrow.

Close to 3" of snow in the A. This is some seriously heavy and wet snow..snow cone snow. 33 degrees out. This snow might actually make the bars tolerable tonight..maybe..I haven't been out the night before Thanksgiving in 6 years.