Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Let me guess, you live in East Allen Township?

The development of the otherwise unusable land is great for the Lehigh Valley. If opponents of every large development project cited traffic concerns, we'd have thousands acres of fields with no additional jobs. Additional traffic further re-enforces the need to expand 22's capacity...which, they are. It's a "good" problem to have.

Did I say I was against it? I simply said that it was going to cause a large increase of vehicles into an already choked roadway that will be further constricted by a widening project that's going to be going on for five more years. Pointing it out to people who might not be aware. That scoping out those alternate routes now might benefit in the future. I'm here to help. :)

You were close, I live in Allen Twp, not East Allen. But as I'm on the river side of the airport, I rarely use 22 for anything, including my commute, so it doesn't really affect me. Blue is a quick jaunt up a few back roads from my house.

It's gonna be sweet when 22 is all 3 lanes and so is the extension all the way down to Mid-County though.

Are they widening fillerton bridge?

Also... Whats with the walmart distribution center at 412?

The Fullerton St bridge will be totally replaced with one long enough to accommodate the extra lanes underneath. The 5th street bridge (overpass over 22 right before you get to Fullerton going east) will be removed and not replaced at all. The two Rt 22 bridges over the river and over Dauphin st will be replaced with six lane versions. The merge lanes between Fullerton and MacAurthur will extend the entire length.

I think the Walmart fullfillment center has been open for awhile. It has nice, almost direct access to 78 so doesn't contribute too much to the horrors of rt 22. The site also has direct rail access though I don't know if they use it

I'm back in Shitty City. 12 hours, but we made a few shopping excursions and pit stops which added at least 2 hours. Last nite we saw a major lightening show followed by some serious thunder. Loud enough to spook the dogs. My neighbor down the street got his car demolished by a fallen tree. Glad we spent the extra nite, roads were bone dry and traffic was minimal. Is Blew open? Is it worthy of my skis? I got more natural snow in my coolers than the whole resort. True story. :)

comcast or Walmart? [emoji4]

That much extra traffic in the valley right off 22 sounds miserable. It's a shame public transit isn't really a viable option for work commuting.

Comcast. :) i knew that would give it away

I wish Septa came up here. Would love to be able to take train to Philly and on to Baktimore burbs (family) instead of driving

Edited by enjoralas

Nothing at all he just seemed to know a lot about stuff around here.

We clean their windows. I did not know how big there footprint is around here. First read about the 22 bridge in this book

http://www.amazon.com/Lehigh-Valley-Crossroads-Fran-Claps/dp/1882933842

Pretty crazy. When i did their offices it was nice seeing what theyve built. Great guys