Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

2 minutes ago, Benm said:

guns are on. prob goin till 10am. wonder if its enough to salvage the wknd

Define "salvage"

I think between tonight and Thursday night, they should be able to cobble back together what was open this past weekend.  

image.png.2f5b3fe874b854f5cda81aa7d3e2e98f.png

But then again, here comes our current weather pattern next week.  

image.png.715b16465034937d74fc956c7d03cf2b.png

2 steps forward, 1.5 back.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Define "salvage"

I think between tonight and Thursday night, they should be able to cobble back together what was open this past weekend.  

oh wow thurs looks way better than i had originally thought.

ya, maybe sprinkle some bad spots. should be ok.

4 minutes ago, Benm said:

oh wow thurs looks way better than i had originally thought.

ya, maybe sprinkle some bad spots. should be ok.

At least from accuweather, yeah, Thursday night looks real good.  how long it will be that cold, ehh, who knows.  

Weather, and weatherbug sort of agree with that, so, good chance it would be a good night.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Define "salvage"

My goodness. We can’t get a break.

10 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Ugh. I’ll believe it when I see it. 

I don’t get hyped up with forecasts beyond 5 days but I do like seeing favorable trends.  I want it to be a little colder so TP4 isn’t so warm in his new jacket and pants and I’ve been sweaty as well…and haven’t even needed my hat much in the lot.  Save that for the spring.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This burst of rain is gonna help Mother Nature deal out a Mortal Kombat style death blow on the ski season. This is a bananas amount of rain and the forecast got worse. 

Keep the faith Winter’s not over yet! Re boot next week! Depressing as it might be now hang in there. 

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This burst of rain is gonna help Mother Nature deal out a Mortal Kombat style death blow on the ski season. This is a bananas amount of rain and the forecast got worse. 

It'll be ok.  Rains only going for a few more hours and they got it under control.  Winter starts next week!  Ski you in the morning, gonna park by yous guys Blue civic.

Screenshot_20231228_012837_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20231228_012848_Instagram.jpg

Edited by DiMe

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

I appreciate your optimism Dime. I really do. But this is what next week looks like as of now. They’ll have a few hours each day to refresh what’s already open

IMG_0130.png

I’m usually optimistic but this is bad.  This morning will be the best it will be for the next several days so gotta enjoy it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

I appreciate your optimism Dime. I really do. But this is what next week looks like as of now. They’ll have a few hours each day to refresh what’s already open. If that

IMG_0130.jpeg

Accuweather looks slightly better.  In the least they have small overnight windows to refresh what we have next week with some luck, larger windows and the cold keeps coming.

Edited by DiMe

Just an FYI the Lehigh valley airport recorded its wettest December ever with 8.17”…that’s about 1/5 of the typical annual rainfall for the area and about triple the average December rainfall of 2.8”

This is the new normal.  I foresee more droughts and flooding….more hurricanes and fires…maybe a giant blizzard later this winter that has me wishing I had a Crosstrek ljke @saltyant with high ground clearance. 

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Just an FYI the Lehigh valley airport recorded its wettest December ever with 8.17”…that’s about 1/5 of the typical annual rainfall for the area and about triple the average December rainfall of 2.8”

This is the new normal.  I foresee more droughts and flooding….more hurricanes and fires…maybe a giant blizzard later this winter that has me wishing I had a Crosstrek ljke @saltyant with high ground clearance. 

Oh The blizzard will happen; but it'll be in late April when everything is closed 

• Like 1