Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

39 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

If this is the case, its very likely we can get around this with some shade tree mechanics.

the auger cable bracket on my parents' snowblower is currently a 4x1x.25 piece of steel plate that we drilled 2 holes in and banged into a right angle with a hammer. has held up for around 10 years. 

Edited by Benm

So when I came home from skiing yesterday the entire house smelled like gasoline. Went into the garage to see that it was coming from the blower. I filled the tank and put the blue stuff in it when I wrapped up the night before (which i think was my mistake) but somehow, someway there was gas all over the garage floor. There isn't a leak...thinking as the snow melted or when it warmed up it caused the gas to expand and overflow? I don't know. Either way I ran it again last night and it was fine. Burned off a lot of what was in the tank so it shouldnt happen again. I hope.

28 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

We'll be in touch...

Sorry, jump to end skipped over these posts...

Sounds like belt broke or popped off, same thing w/ mine.
Pull the blower go handle and she moves, pull the auger handle, no movement.

There's typically a cover on top of the unit just behind the exhaust chute where the belt resides, held on by a couple of bolts.   Loosen the bolts and pull up the cover to check the belt.
Post a pic of your blower (LOL)

Edited by indiggio

2 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Sounds like belt broke or popped off, same thing w/ mine.
Pull the blower go handle and she moves, pull the auger handle, no movement.

There's typically a cover on top of the unit just behind the exhaust chute where the belt resides, held on by a couple of bolts.   Loosen the bolts and pull up the cover to check the belt.
Post a pic of your blower (LOL)

Same deal here. Thinking it might be a belt. Have't taken anything apart yet. Both auger and impeller thingy aren't moving.

B316D0C1-53BC-4FCF-9B57-80DCA585AF66.jpeg

339A784A-52C1-4571-8D1F-1A4006860A65.jpeg

F5C06ADE-7B61-4957-8964-04715489F16F.jpeg

6F6E2B50-A2AA-4963-9BE1-CB68C48AF0D3.jpeg

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Same deal here. Thinking it might be a belt. Have't taken anything apart yet. Both auger and impeller thingy aren't moving.

I couldn't find any belts locally.  Had to order a couple, hopefully arriving before next storm(s).

Everywhere I went yesterday in search of one, people were like "Yeah, you and 20 others...", "Sold last one about 11am this morning.."

Edited by indiggio

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

small engine repair shops must thrive on the general population. Myself included, if I can't rig/fix this myself. 

I have faith that you're well capable of fixing it.

If you can operate a zero-turn lawnmower and make lines like that, you can fix this.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

small engine repair shops must thrive on the general population. Myself included, if I can't rig/fix this myself. 

watch a couple youtube videos. you can do it i promise.  

nice snowblower tho. and briggs engines are uncommon but way better than the tecumsehs normally mounted on them.

Edited by Benm
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

B316D0C1-53BC-4FCF-9B57-80DCA585AF66.jpeg

339A784A-52C1-4571-8D1F-1A4006860A65.jpeg

F5C06ADE-7B61-4957-8964-04715489F16F.jpeg

6F6E2B50-A2AA-4963-9BE1-CB68C48AF0D3.jpeg

This cover right here should be it, me thinks.
Probably a bolt on either side.

image.png.dd7ad42bfd5b6f9df11802b377de1c4a.png

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I couldn't find any belts locally.  Had to order a couple, hopefully arriving before next storm(s).

Everywhere I went yesterday in search of one, people were like "Yeah, you and 20 others...", "Sold last one about 11am this morning.."

What I've done in the past is take a piece of string and run it around the pulleys where the belt would be then take a measurement. Go the auto parts store and get a belt as close to that length as you can. The pulley adjustment should be enough to make it work.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

What I've done in the past is take a piece of string and run it around the pulleys where the belt would be then take a measurement. Go the auto parts store and get a belt as close to that length as you can. The pulley adjustment should be enough to make it work.

Gotta watch the width of the belt too.   If too wide, it'll just keep popping off.

2 hours ago, trackbiker said:

You actually can find the dimensions on the internet as well, but there you are putting your faith in the internet, but when you cant physically touch the belt, thats the best you can do.  

50 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

Correct. But with the number of belts at the typical auto parts store you can usually find something that would work.

Correct.  

Most of what i do is figuring out how to make things work with what i can get my hands on right then.  

The belt for Toasts blower is 35 1/4" X 1/2.  

It shouldnt be that hard to find one locally that "will work".  These belts are set up to slip when not engaged, so i'm starting to put my money on the belt.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

To add to the snowblower stoke we actually have two snowblowers at my work.  The red one used to be at my parents house before they moved to a townhouse.  

4B376D5F-9FE8-4CDB-8820-94092EA90304.jpeg

57CC0D09-175F-4B8E-8C37-C08DA23357DE.jpeg

That red one is the exact same one I have.  

• Thanks 1

I don't know what to think. Are people discussing snowblowers here because next Sunday storm is gonna surpass the last one and so "be prepaaaared"? Or is that because the new storm is not happening, and so the thread can take a detour?

What's the latest map from restricted forum looking like?

Edited by eaf
  • Boner City 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, eaf said:

I don't know what to think. Are people discussing snowblowers here because next Sunday storm is gonna surpass the last one and so "be prepaaaared"? Or is that because the new storm is not happening, and so the thread can take a detour?

What's the latest map from restricted forum looking like?

Eaf go suck a fart out of ski2lives butt

• Confused 1