What's New at Blue 2012

RootDKJ

laughs all around from this one... do they have a proofreader on staff?

what's with the luge thing? i guess they've had success with that thing in the past, but is that really going to generate revenue all season long?

pretty sure little gap is what was once a legitimate trail, if it's what i'm thinking of. and what's razorback? the cornice above the nightmare/dreamweaver intersection?

the station teaching thing sounds like it would be awesome for a first timer/beginner.

i'm hoping one of those conveyor lifts is for lower park, that'd be pretty awesome.

and i'm very surprise that red bull isn't getting more attention than just naming them as an improvement.

Yeah, I'm trying to keep things positive, but from a presentation standpoint, the handout sucks.

Typically, you put your "headline" improvement 1st, and then rank them in order of significance. I guess this is a good example why they are looking for a social media coordinator (paper...it's gonna make a comeback).

Anyway,

About Razorback: I'm thinking they've made this a bit wider.

razorback.jpg

What you have circled is under the lift. Blue doesn't do trails with lift towers on them. Maybe they are now, but never in the past...My guess is that would never have a trail merging onto Razors Edge, due to the race program, etc. A trail might branch off of Razors, but never onto it?

ya, that little gap trail was definetly open last season.....and it's been their for a while, so i wouldn't call it "new"

no it wasn't. it has been roped off for a few years now. but we still skied it. anyway, from my understanding, one of the small access roads that runs between razors and dream weaver is now wider and named. we will see. i'll take any improvements - big, or small. also, jeff is most likely correct that the circled area won't be the new trail because it's under a lift. not blue's thing for sure.

i'm surprised you guys haven't complained more about them making improvements, like usual.

ya, that little gap trail was definetly open last season.....and it's been their for a while, so i wouldn't call it "new"

definitely has not been open for at least 10 years. i remember skiing that when i was super little and still on straight skis. i'm now 27... that was open when old burma was open, which is where they put the small jump line from the mountain bike park last summer.

also, i think their rating little gap a green/ beginer trail may lead to some big problems b/c to access the trail you need to ski down the top portion of midway, which is definately no beginner slope. i can just see it now...loads of newbies ending up in the woods b/c they pick up too much speed and don't know how to stop.

maybe blue mtn should consider opening up their own regional medical center to handle all the accidents that happen there.....

The little cutoff between midway and Burma is pretty fun. Always nice on a pow day. Pretty soon Blue will have 40 trails...amazing as they only had 16 trails including their newest trail back then Sidewinder...

At least Nightmare and Dreamweaver were legitimate trails. How many more trails can they fit in the current trail footprint?

Old head who runs blue: "Get Johnson from Marketing down here, we need to figure out how to cram 2,000 more people per acre otherwise someone might be able to actually ski"

Johnson" well we could cut new trails but that would require work and then you couldn't afford a gold plated toothbrush and six Pakistani maids/hookers .....or we could just recount connectors and cat tracks"

Old Head: "Johnson you are a genius, please feel free to take one Pakistani hooker for the weekend but no donkey midget shit this time"

Seriously I think that is how they run blue mtn....I don't care the place is really fine as it is but it is funny they way they take maybe 10-15 trails that actually go down hill and somehow that becomes 40....Spring Mtn was the best, they have maybe 3 actual trails but somehow that became 10.

Yeah, I'm trying to keep things positive, but from a presentation standpoint, the handout sucks.

Typically, you put your "headline" improvement 1st, and then rank them in order of significance. I guess this is a good example why they are looking for a social media coordinator (paper...it's gonna make a comeback).

Anyway,

About Razorback: I'm thinking they've made this a bit wider.

razorback.jpg

Root is about spot on with the new trail, you can see at the bottom of his ellipse there is a mountain bike trail running across razors. There is a lift tower in there and the “new trail” loops in around the lift tower. If you blink you may just miss the whole trail. Looks like more of a start ramp for the race team than anything.

• Like 2

Seriously I think that is how they run blue mtn....I don't care the place is really fine as it is but it is funny they way they take maybe 10-15 trails that actually go down hill and somehow that becomes 40....Spring Mtn was the best, they have maybe 3 actual trails but somehow that became 10.

this has always been my pet peeve of all ski areas......putting in these short little connectors and calling them trails just to bump up their trail count and acreage......totally has nothing to do with how the mtn actually skis

maybe blue mtn should consider opening up their own regional medical center to handle all the accidents that happen there.....

CB has more accidents. and no heli pad, and before they paved the access road that was the shittiest whambulance ride around.

blue has a heli pad. but incompetent patrol in trauma situations.

also im pretty sure blue is closer to st lukes trauma?

Edited by Shadows