the pics from today thread

Justin

On 7/1/2023 at 5:25 PM, PSUFly said:

Orioles game with the family 

20230701_162025.jpg

20230701_153719.jpg

Resized_20230701_140405.jpeg

The first time I ever went to Hooters was before an Orioles game, it was with a couple friends and the one kids dad. The kids dad had a wine cooler on ice and I didn’t even drink for another 4 years and thought he was a pussy.  Cheesesteak cost $8.50 with fries which was a lot in nineteen naughty four. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The first time I ever went to Hooters was before an Orioles game, it was with a couple friends and the one kids dad. The kids dad had a wine cooler on ice and I didn’t even drink for another 4 years and thought he was a pussy.  Cheesesteak cost $8.50 with fries which was a lot in nineteen naughty four. 

My first Hooters experience was also before an Orioles game. I don't remember details like you, butI think I was 13 and I do remember boobs.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

My first Hooters experience was also before an Orioles game. I don't remember details like you, butI think I was 13 and I do remember boobs.

I was 14…the last time I went to Hooters was before the last ever PASR king of Prussia bar night in 2011. I went to hooters by myself then Noxidee and Johnny Style smoked weed in my hotel room and went to the Fox and hound.  It wasn’t the year Glenn plake was there, that was 2010

• Like 1

This is the fun stuff i get to deal with on a daily baisis.  

image.png.3538cd95eee31b9c9167290d1673b35f.png

That is the spout from a metal gas can, stuck in the gas fill of an F150.  This model doesnt have a gas cap, so there is a little flap door that the nozzle would push out of the way when you insert the nozzle.  Back story.  Employee was in a car accident last week, so we allowed him to use one of the shop trucks to go back and forth to work.  Sadly, if we didnt provide him transportation, he wouldnt come to work.  On his way in yesterday, he saw that the truck was really low on gas, so instead of stopping at a gas station to put $10 worth of gas in it, he gets to work, takes a gas can off of a truck, and pours that gas in the truck.  now the nozzle and can are stuck in the truck, its kinda like a chinese finger torture thing.  it can go in, but cant come back out.  Awesome.  

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

That is the spout from a metal gas can, stuck in the gas fill of an F150.  This model doesnt have a gas cap, so there is a little flap door that the nozzle would push out of the way when you insert the nozzle.  Back story.  Employee was in a car accident last week, so we allowed him to use one of the shop trucks to go back and forth to work.  Sadly, if we didnt provide him transportation, he wouldnt come to work.  On his way in yesterday, he saw that the truck was really low on gas, so instead of stopping at a gas station to put $10 worth of gas in it, he gets to work, takes a gas can off of a truck, and pours that gas in the truck.  now the nozzle and can are stuck in the truck, its kinda like a chinese finger torture thing.  it can go in, but cant come back out.  Awesome.  

You work with the best people 😂

13 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

You work with the best people 😂

i do.  i figure when i retire, i will put pen to paper and write a book.  

With the price of fuel, we have been really making an effort to leave trucks on jobs we are working on for multiple days.  yet, there are still a bunch of grown ups that act like children.  One guy has come up with "having an issue with his truck that needs to get looked at when he gets back" but he makes sure its not a big enough issue that the truck cant be driven back.  He does this so he doesnt have to ride with other people in a crew cab truck.  This is the caliber of people i work with.  Probably cost $250 round trip, easy, in fuel and tolls just to bring the truck back to look into the "mystery issue". 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Really looking forward to the end result of this story. My car has the same Ford flappy thing. Most things when pressed on it won't open it up, it came with a special funnel that is the exact size as a gas nozzle you're supposed to use to fill it up from a can. He must have really smashed that wrong nozzle in there pretty good to even get it to open. 

3 hours ago, Schif said:

Really looking forward to the end result of this story. My car has the same Ford flappy thing. Most things when pressed on it won't open it up, it came with a special funnel that is the exact size as a gas nozzle you're supposed to use to fill it up from a can. He must have really smashed that wrong nozzle in there pretty good to even get it to open. 

Cut up a SFRB can, roll it around the spout and work it down to catch the latch and pull the spout out from the wrap. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Cut up a SFRB can, roll it around the spout and work it down to catch the latch and pull the spout out from the wrap. 

Nice. I would have tried coat hanger inserted through the nozzle to try to push the flap open further to pull the spout out

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is it crowded?  My mom went there as a kid before there was didneyworod and took the train.  I remember seeing photos of the Matterhorn in family album. 

It was crowded but not WDW crowded. Definite magic kingdom vibes but more laid back (if that’s even a thing in Disney). Tbh I loved it. We got genie plus add on and skipping lines all day. And even the regular queues weren’t bad though. Star Wars land is incredible (except for rise of the resistance breaking down while we were on it…got most of the way through thought). Left as the fireworks were starting so got right to the car and right on the highway before the crowds. I really want to try California adventure and I like how the parks are right next to each other. Oh and it wasn’t a swamp like Florida. Nice breeze blowing, no humidity. I never thought I’d say it but I think I’d rather come here than Disneyworld.

• Like 1

Oh and I’m not sure how I forgot to mention this but BMR was in the house. I couldn’t believe my eyes when not once, but twice a lady wearing a BMR t shirt was in front of me and I couldn’t get around her. I thought I was on Main Street…but not the Disney version, the blue mountain version. I wanted to get a pic but my hands were tied

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...