Skiing Pet Peeves

indiggio

who cares ?

Your putting 6 foot long wood and plastic planks on your feet and sliding down a frozen water covered hill on a rock spinning in space that is heated by a giant ball of gas 93 million miles away. Rules and skiing don't really go together.

The only thing that irks me is when retards drop the lift bar on your head, its 90% of why I wear a helmet. Apparently sitting on a moving couch is very difficult for people and thus they must drop the tard bar one millisecond after the chair leaves the house without any regard for what the other people on the chair are doing.

who cares ?

Your putting 6 foot long wood and plastic planks on your feet and sliding down a frozen water covered hill on a rock spinning in space that is heated by a giant ball of gas 93 million miles away. Rules and skiing don't really go together.

The only thing that irks me is when retards drop the lift bar on your head, its 90% of why I wear a helmet. Apparently sitting on a moving couch is very difficult for people and thus they must drop the tard bar one millisecond after the chair leaves the house without any regard for what the other people on the chair are doing.

fuck you johnny law...the auto bar comes down as soon as toast sits down.

• Like 4

Clearly that person doesn't ski here is all I can say. The only thing in the article I resonate with is people straightlining trails because they clearly couldn't buy a turn with $100 in their pocket. Another of my pet peeves is young teens bursting out of the trees right onto trails without checking the traffic on the trail. I swear that there is a huge learning gap in our PSIA instructors, i.e. the skier's responsibility code.

Clearly that person doesn't ski here is all I can say. The only thing in the article I resonate with is people straightlining trails because they clearly couldn't buy a turn with $100 in their pocket. Another of my pet peeves is young teens bursting out of the trees right onto trails without checking the traffic on the trail. I swear that there is a huge learning gap in our PSIA instructors, i.e. the skier's responsibility code.

Downhill has the right away :ph34r:

People who make a left hand turn from the right hand lane. Just had a guy today, heading down the Ant Hill, ducked into the trees on the left, then came out, cut clear across the slope to exit to another run on the right. NEVER LOOKED UP HILL.

The skiers responsibility code is one big contradiction.

People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.

So if downhill skiers have the right of way...why, when I'm downhill, do I have to:

Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.

have you ever merged onto a highway jeff? not that complicated of a concept.

what’s behind you isn't important. I merge at a higher rate of speed than traffic, so no sense in looking in my mirrors. :ph34r: Much like skiing....not too many people are going to pass me (except maybe idiot in a brown jacket that's 3 sizes too big).

what’s behind you isn't important. I merge at a higher rate of speed than traffic, so no sense in looking in my mirrors. :ph34r: Much like skiing....not too many people are going to pass me (except maybe idiot in a brown jacket that's 3 sizes too big).

im going to look past you dumbass smugness and just ask if youve ever merged onto 22 E from the LV mall?

inb4 "i drive a bimmer, i can get up to 90mph before i hit the bridge."

• Like 3

Just one pet peeve, the out of control, on the wrong trail, over his head rental ski wearer that ran into me from above and broke my knee and tore my ACL on Feb 13, 2011. As long as he is not on the slope, everything is wonderful.

Edited by zzslope

My biggest and pretty much only peeve is about the "professionals" skiing/boarding on beginner slopes at full speed (and typically out of control) where people are still trying to learn to ski/board.

If they think they're so good, they shouldn't be on the beginner slopes, but on runs that don't invoke fear and panic in those just trying to learn to like the sport. Beginners have enough problems without the added stress of crazies coming down behind them making them think they're gonna be run into.

Have to say Blue seemed to have stepped up the patrols on Burma and Paradise this season. The few trips I made down them, showed a lot more SPs out whistling speed violators.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the "pros" are anyone posting on this forum. I know people posting here are much too civilized, intelligent, etc. to be out of control on beginner slopes.

The "pros" to which I'm referring are those that come out once or twice a year just after watching a weekend's worth of X-Games or something similar, and think they're the next gold medalist by screaming down beginner slopes. They have no consideration for anyone else on the slopes besides themselves.

Must have been hit/miss on Paradise. Early in the season I was going down the side, well away from anyone and a SP told me to slow down. Was pretty much the last time I went down it the rest of the year.