friday? Powder day?

JFskiDan

Models are over the place and I'm not talking about Tyra Banks and Kate Moss. Euro showing 9-12" for Allentown others showing as little as 2-4"...

I'm liking the Euro for this, but it seems like the snow amounts are moving farther north... I can't wait for this bad boy to start up!!!

Models have problems and not just cocaine and trying to stay thin.

The NAM is always saying snow for everyone and lots of it. That model is showing 1foot for LV and crazy shit like that.

The GFS is almost always too warm and too far east. It shows my hood with jack shit.

The EURO is a mix of the previous two, it is normally the best for EC winter but also tends to pull storms too far west.

The higher resolution models will start popping up tonight and the next EURO run is this afternoon, these will be probably the most accurate.

The key here is the trend, the models earlier in the week said rain for everyone, then like every other storm as it gets closer they trend colder and more west.

If you made me put money on it, I'd say this plays the classic EC game and comes in a little colder and more snowy but with dry slots. Local mets will up the snow totals tonight/tommorow morning and you get a decent day at Blue but partiucarly points further north.

Ride you shit head ME going to be going off, even better get in your car and drive to S VT. Magic gonna get 20".

Ride you shit head ME going to be going off, even better get in your car and drive to S VT. Magic gonna get 20".

I'm stoked... Today was my day off, so I work the next 4 straight, but I'll be able to get it first thing... I got cleared by the doc for the woods, so everything seems to be shaping up well!!!

• Like 1

This is a real fucking tricky beast, if it moves 50 miles in either direction the output is wildly different.

Interesting thought is that a stall is beginning to show up in the models, the NAO is currently not blocking however if a stall occurs everywhere gets 2x what is currently being predicted.

There is a northern stream of energy and a southern stream of energy, how those two come together or phase is 99% of the ball game because it determines the cloud temp and to a certain extent ground level temps.

This is a real fucking tricky beast, if it moves 50 miles in either direction the output is wildly different.

Interesting thought is that a stall is beginning to show up in the models, the NAO is currently not blocking however if a stall occurs everywhere gets 2x what is currently being predicted.

There is a northern stream of energy and a southern stream of energy, how those two come together or phase is 99% of the ball game because it determines the cloud temp and to a certain extent ground level temps.

it could get very interesting. the only way we will know for sure is to wake up saturday and look out the window.

it could get very interesting. the only way we will know for sure is to wake up saturday and look out the window.

Everything looks so damn varied that I don't know what the f to follow. Really wish I could convince the wife to get in the car tonight and start driving north. Places like Magic and Mount Snow are supposed to be in the heart of it in most models.

I have realized over the years I obsess on just a couple of things, one is winter weather models. LOL

Could you pick anything more lame to obsess over than winter weather models and skis hahahahah

* ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 10 TO 16 INCHES... ALONG

WITH POSSIBLY A TRACE OF ICE.

* TIMING... SNOW FRIDAY MORNING WILL PROBABLY CHANGE BRIEFLY TO

SLEET AND RAIN DURING THE DAYLIGHT HOURS FROM NEAR ALLENTOWN

EASTWARD TO NEAR FLEMINGTON AND SOMERVILLE NEW JERSEY.

THEREAFTER... THE HEAVIEST SNOW IS EXPECTED LATE IN THE DAY AND

FRIDAY NIGHT WITH ONE TO 2 INCH PER HOUR ACCUMULATIONS.

NORTHERLY WINDS WILL GUST TO 30 MPH CAUSING BLOWING AND DRIFTING.

THERE IS A SMALL CHANCE OF A THUNDERSTORM WITH THE SNOW.

• Like 1