The official 2013 / 2014 Ski Season Thread

RidgeRacer

The stoke levels are rising....the WNEP ski card is out. For a $129 you get...

Description
Welcome to the WNEP Ski Card online store! We are excited to announce the biggest card we’ve ever featured! You can purchase a ski card that is good for one full day lift ticket at each of the following local ski resorts: Jack Frost, Big Boulder, Ski Denton, Gore Mountain, Greek Peak, Montage, Mountain Creek, Shawnee, Ski Sawmill and Swain. You may redeem this for either weekday or weekend lift tickets. That's right, you can ski on the weekend with the WNEP Ski Card! Please note that this is not valid for holidays (Please see holiday dates in restrictions below.) The best part about this deal is that you can ski each of these great resorts for only $129 total! That's more than a 75% savings from purchasing a lift ticket to each mountain, individually! If you want to take advantage of this great deal, then you'd better act fast as quantities are limited!

The stoke levels are rising....the WNEP ski card is out. For a $129 you get...

DescriptionWelcome to the WNEP Ski Card online store! We are excited to announce the biggest card we’ve ever featured! You can purchase a ski card that is good for one full day lift ticket at each of the following local ski resorts: Jack Frost, Big Boulder, Ski Denton, Gore Mountain, Greek Peak, Montage, Mountain Creek, Shawnee, Ski Sawmill and Swain. You may redeem this for either weekday or weekend lift tickets. That's right, you can ski on the weekend with the WNEP Ski Card! Please note that this is not valid for holidays (Please see holiday dates in restrictions below.) The best part about this deal is that you can ski each of these great resorts for only $129 total! That's more than a 75% savings from purchasing a lift ticket to each mountain, individually! If you want to take advantage of this great deal, then you'd better act fast as quantities are limited!

I don't think I'm gonna get one this year..

Jack Frost - ok

Big Boulder - ok

Ski Denton - no interest

Gore Mountain - mild interest

Greek Peak - ok

Montage - ok

Mountain Creek - would rather not

Shawnee - ok

Ski Sawmill - no interest

Swain - no interest

I figure I'm getting 2 days at frost (no season pass this year), one at montage, Shawnee. So that's good. This also gives me a reason to go to Denton and ski the mighty avalanche trail. The Gore / Greek tickets would be used on consecutive days. A day at Gore, overnight wake up early drive to Greek. A nice little NY skifari there. I have a buddy that lives near Swain. Sawmill and Mountain Creek may be the only areas I won't hit. Never skied MC so who knows.

I figure I'm getting 2 days at frost (no season pass this year), one at montage, Shawnee. So that's good. This also gives me a reason to go to Denton and ski the mighty avalanche trail. The Gore / Greek tickets would be used on consecutive days. A day at Gore, overnight wake up early drive to Greek. A nice little NY skifari there. I have a buddy that lives near Swain. Sawmill and Mountain Creek may be the only areas I won't hit. Never skied MC so who knows.

I'd consider MC if we had a PASR day there. Otherwise I'd be content never skiing there again.
  • Like 2

I don't think I'm gonna get one this year..

Jack Frost - ok

Big Boulder - ok

Ski Denton - no interest

Gore Mountain - mild interest

Greek Peak - ok

Montage - ok

Mountain Creek - would rather not

Shawnee - ok

Ski Sawmill - no interest

Swain - no interest

5 ok's for $129.00 still seems like a pretty good deal. That works out to $25.80/ticket. You should change Gore to an ok. It is a big, spread out mountain and not as crowded as VT. About the only place you ever wait in line there is at the Gondola and only for a few minutes.That ticket alone is worth $75.00.

In case no one mentioned it before, you can use the pass at JF or BB twice if you do not want to ski the other.

Greek Peak is not far and with the new owners and a new high speed lift it is worth the drive.

I used mine last year 6 times including at Gore. That was a sweet deal.

They already sold like 30 of them. The Gore / Greek tickets are actually what sold it for me. Plus the 2 at frost. I'd drop Sawmill and MC for blue and elk if I could but still worth it.

The Greek and Gore passes probably offer the best value even though the distance/gas money probably offsets that value a little bit.

I don't understand why some people give Gore so much grief. Decent snowmaking, decent natural, high speed lifts, and excellent glades. If they got closer to 250" instead of 180", I think they would offer some of the best and most consistent glades in the Northeast throughout the season.

That being said, I haven't been to Gore in 8 years, long before the Ski Bowl and Burnt Ridge expansions. Wouldn't mind getting back.

I haven't been to Greek since I was looking at colleges 10 years ago. It didn't knock my socks off, but I wouldn't mind going there as a change of pace.

It's only the beginning of October, but there remains very little hope for the Northeast in the 10-Day forecast. That being said, it could always change on a dime and drop a solid 10-20 degrees.

However, it looks like our western brethren may be looking at an opening sooner rather than later. Loveland ran the guns almost 50 consecutive hours this weekend, and their whales are starting to look pretty good. It's always tough to estimate weather out there since it's significantly colder in the pass, but maybe they will be skiing and riding within a week?