Descending popularity of downhill skiing in America

indiggio

You can do it cheap too.

Reading to VT

Gas = $120 but less if your willing to siphon

Hotel = 0 sleep in your car

Ticket = 0 forge old ski school letters from a mtn your cousin worked at 10 years ago

Food = 0 bring lots and lots of PBJ sandwiches and supplment with roadkill

Drink = take an idea from Patches O' Houlihan/Bear Grylls and drink your own piss

Weed = bring from home

Seriously though everything is on the decline because people suck and are boring. Monday morning ask your shitty co workers what they did this weekend. You get a bunch of nothings and tv, tv's cool I like tv but nobody has hobbies anymore. How many of you have heard again ? When telling people you went skiing.

Yeah shit head, I'm not a fat fuck who spends all their time jerking off to episodes of the Vanilla Ice Project while stuffing my face with foods more engineered than the fucking Holland tunnel. I go outside which I know is really strange, I should probably take after you and all your fat fucking face neighbors who are throwing away existence on a glowing 40" box and Dorito infused tacos.......

My trip to killington was done for real cheap.

$50 for gas (after the split)

$90 for a 2 day ticket

$0 for hotel

$30 for food (gotta love hot dogs

$120 in alcohol.

$15 in tobacco products.

• 2 months later...

http://www.thesnowpros.org/NewsInformation/Newsamp;Announcements/tabid/117/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/457/The-Numbers-Are-in-Kottke-Report-Points-to-a-Tale-of-Two-Seasons.aspx

Wonder how they can claim snowboarding is down... I've never been asked whether I'm a skier/snowboarder when I get my tix. Seriously, how can they make this claim?

http://www.thesnowpros.org/NewsInformation/Newsamp;Announcements/tabid/117/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/457/The-Numbers-Are-in-Kottke-Report-Points-to-a-Tale-of-Two-Seasons.aspx

Wonder how they can claim snowboarding is down... I've never been asked whether I'm a skier/snowboarder when I get my tix. Seriously, how can they make this claim?

It's a god damn conspiracy man ! Chemtrails, 9/11 was an inside job, Ron Paul 2012 !!!!!!

Seriously though these reports use the SIA Snow Sports Inteligence Report - http://www.snowsports.org/Consumers/SnowSportsMarketIntelligenceReport

SIA has a series of highly trained secret agents that have been placed at key points in all snow sports manufacturer's facilities to count snowboards and skis as they leave the factory. Although under great peril they are generally pretty accurate, sadly many bothans died to bring us this information.....or they just ask them.

It may be surprising but a multi-billion dollar industry over multiple continents may need to know some shit about it's customers.

• Like 2

If you sell something in part on it being cool that shit is going to fade in a relatively short time.

There are is a core group of snow sports people that will ride a fucking 2x4 down the hill if necessary. They are always around they will always buy shit and there numbers don't really change. There is a second group of sometimes, they get out 10 or less days a year, maybe more if the money/weather situation is good these fuckers can really influence the bad/good year calculations. Additionally the sometimes can be alot of the money pie because assholes like ourselves aren't renting and buying shit tons of food and all that shit. The third category is the wannabe's, early on in snowboarding you saw alot of wannabe teenage girls around, snowboarding was hella cool, their peers were into it and the young teenage boys they for some reason like were majorly into it. The wannabe's were never really into it but they really liked being cool so once it was less cool, less edgy and more mainstream they moved on to other things.

It doesn't really matter, snowboarding ain't going anywhere.

It's a god damn conspiracy man ! Chemtrails, 9/11 was an inside job, Ron Paul 2012 !!!!!!

Seriously though these reports use the SIA Snow Sports Inteligence Report - http://www.snowsports.org/Consumers/SnowSportsMarketIntelligenceReport

SIA has a series of highly trained secret agents that have been placed at key points in all snow sports manufacturer's facilities to count snowboards and skis as they leave the factory. Although under great peril they are generally pretty accurate, sadly many bothans died to bring us this information.....or they just ask them.

It may be surprising but a multi-billion dollar industry over multiple continents may need to know some shit about it's customers.

Wrong wrong wrong.

"They" know because the NSA is recording and analyzing all of our text messages, emails and facespace posts.

Summer is killing my mental health... Just had a dream I was skiing it was so real... At least until huge glowing hairy spiders started chasing me through a cornfield. So scary. Much bizarre.

I had a dream 2 nights ago that I broke my binding strap as soon as I got to the snow at a mountain that seemed like a weird version of big boulder. It was also the closing day of the season and all the employees were getting hammered with a keg under a deck.

Only 6.5 more months until the guns get fired up again.